Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Shame he didn't have DOD on for longer. Felt very rushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

His interview with Martin McGuinness is useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    His interview with Martin McGuinness is useless

How can you say it is useless when you only heard the first 5 mins of it? They're still talking half an hour later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The interview with McGuinness was alright, you can hardly blame Ray if the answers are the usual well rehearsed lies. He asked some good questions only to be fobbed off continually.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

McGuinness admits to being involved with the IRA but has never had any kind of involvement with murders or the discussion there of.
    He must have been in the lesser known branch of the IRA that crocheted tea cosies and made cucumber sandwiches.... :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

longshanks wrote: »
    The interview with McGuinness was alright, you can hardly blame Ray if the answers are the usual well rehearsed lies. He asked some good questions only to be fobbed off continually.

I agree, he did alright all things considered I'm sure McG can tell them faster than a horse can trot! Good interview. Frighteningly I found myself warming to McG. Shudder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I twigged during the interview how MMG can deny any part in murder (committing it or planning it or ordering it) - SF/IRA don't regard any of their killings as murder. They regard them as casualties of war. So if (for argument's sake) MMG ordered the Ennisikillen bombing, the 13 people killed weren't murdered, they were just killed in action. The fact that they were civilians is irrelevant in IRA eyes.

I twigged during the interview how MMG can deny any part in murder (committing it or planning it or ordering it) - SF/IRA don't regard any of their killings as murder. They regard them as casualties of war. So if (for argument's sake) MMG ordered the Ennisikillen bombing, the 13 people killed weren't murdered, they were just killed in action. The fact that they were civilians is irrelevant in IRA eyes.

Never dawned on me either. Sh1t that's a good point, pity Ray didn't think of either! Victims or casualties of war! Fair play Monty, you've hit the proverbial nail on the head!

Boxfresh wrote: »
    How can you say it is useless when you only heard the first 5 mins of it? They're still talking half an hour later.

And did it improve? No, it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

And did it improve? No, it didn't.

You would make a great interviewer, as you can ask and answer a question all at once.

Not much Darcy could do. The guy seemed incredibly difficult to interview. He is so full of shít.

• Advertisement

You would make a great interviewer, as you can ask and answer a question all at once.

I can't interview so I don't try. It's a pity Ray D'arcy can't do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭wee truck big driver

ray darcy isnt good enough to lick martins boots

I can't interview so I don't try. It's a pity Ray D'arcy can't do the same.

Ah Minstrel, I think you're being unduly harsh there! It was actually a good interview in as far as MCG would let it be. God bless Ray he did try but he couldn't get a straight answer out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Ok so I was listening to his show this morning, and they sent Mairead out to get 3 plums, 3 mandarins, an apple, 2 yogurts, 2 sausages and a hash brown, to see if she could get it for 4quid... But I never got to hear afterwards how she got on, does anyone know?! It's popped back into my head for no reason and I just want to know! Anyone??!

Ok so I was listening to his show this morning, and they sent Mairead out to get 3 plums, 3 mandarins, an apple, 2 yogurts, 2 sausages and a hash brown, to see if she could get it for 4quid... But I never got to hear afterwards how she got on, does anyone know?! It's popped back into my head for no reason and I just want to know! Anyone??!

Cost over €5. Was more than 20% more expensive than it cost in the other part (I don't know where) of the country, that the listener got it for €4.

WTF is with D'Arcy and the anti-FG agenda he continues to run? Listen to him banging on about FG being rattled by McGuinness, and that they should be above attacking his past (?). It's not like I have any intention of voting for Mitchell, I find him quite slimy, and I'm not an FG voter, but this stuff from D'Arcy is gettng very old. I can't remember him being so critical of Fianna Failure back when they were ruining our country in the 2000s, and now he never misses an opportunity to insult FG as they (and Labour) try to rescue it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jonnynitro

sure did he not say if kenny ever gets elected hed leave the country
    that was just waffle and after that statement i stopped listening to him

jonnynitro wrote: »

Yeah, but I thought that was a one-off. I never really paid much attention to what he was saying about politics back in the day, but I recall him complaining about Fianna Failure to a degree after they bankrupted us. I got the impression that he admired Bertie Ahern as a lovable rogue.

It's just that since the rescue party of LAB and FG arrived, he's never missed a chance to stick the boot into FG in particular - that's what has drawn my attention.

from what i can remember hes never happy unless he is moaning about something or other
    im sure from reading this thread here that the show is still as stale and unintersting as ever
    is he still ranting about jeep drivers and such like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

from what i can remember hes never happy unless he is moaning about something or other

Oh the irony.

• Advertisement

Clanket wrote: »
    Oh the irony.

yes but if you knew me
    you would know im miserable 24/7

WTF is with D'Arcy and the anti-FG agenda he continues to run? Listen to him banging on about FG being rattled by McGuinness, and that they should be above attacking his past (?). It's not like I have any intention of voting for Mitchell, I find him quite slimy, and I'm not an FG voter, but this stuff from D'Arcy is gettng very old. I can't remember him being so critical of Fianna Failure back when they were ruining our country in the 2000s, and now he never misses an opportunity to insult FG as they (and Labour) try to rescue it? :confused:

Some rescue.......

And to be fair, FG deserves to have the boot kicked in today after their antics over the weekend. It'd be a lot worse if the people in prominent broadcasting roles were to just ignore the ****e that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Some rescue.......

And to be fair, FG deserves to have the boot kicked in today after their antics over the weekend. It'd be a lot worse if the people in prominent broadcasting roles were to just ignore the ****e that happened.
    What antics?

Simon Delaney is good. He's quick with the comebacks for Ray.

Ray: "Ah, sure you have the life haven't you?"

Simon: "Aah yeah Ray. I haven't worked in seven months, sure it's great. All the kids have the vomiting bug, the pregnant wife has the vomiting bug, sure it's great".

Some rescue.......
    What were you expecting? All of our problems solved with cash from the ULA magical money tree? :confused:
    Antics? This would be politics, right? As opposed to organised murder?

Which is worse? Pointing out that someone else was involved in murder, or murder? :confused:

I'll be voting for Michael D., but this horse**** from D'Arcy is ridiculous.

amiable wrote: »
    What antics?
    What were you expecting? All of our problems solved with cash from the ULA magical money tree? :confused:

Antics? This would be politics, right? As opposed to organised murder?

Which is worse? Pointing out that someone else was involved in murder, or murder? :confused:

I'll be voting for Michael D., but this horse**** from D'Arcy is ridiculous.

No, I didn't expect miracles, but were promised miracles, and now that I've been proved right not to expect them, I feel worse.

The antics:
    I'd like proof that he was involved before I started spreading **** like this around to be honest.

http://twitter.com/#!/govchiefwhip/status/120445834067320833

He's admitted being in the IRA and has said he left in 1974. Until I see conclusive proof otherwise, sh1t like this tweet will serve only to turn me against the people who post them.

No, I didn't expect miracles, but were promised miracles, and now that I've been proved right not to expect them, I feel worse.
    Can you cite any of the miracles you were promised? Because I must have been watching a different election. The only miracle solutions on offer were from SF and the ULA.
    He's admitted being in the IRA and has said he left in 1974. Until I see conclusive proof otherwise, sh1t like this tweet will serve only to turn me against the people who post them.

I guess you are one of those people who also think that Bertie Ahern is as innocent as snow too?

Can you cite any of the miracles you were promised? Because I must have been watching a different election. The only miracle solutions on offer were from SF and the ULA.

No, I can't cite any, mainly cos I'm too lazy. But if you were watching the election then you would have seen FG and Labour criticising everything FF had done, and then coming into power and following the exact same policies.

But this really isn't a thread about politics so I suggest we agree to disagree on this.
    I guess you are one of those people who also think that Bertie Ahern is as innocent as snow too?

Did I say I thought he was innocent of any wrong doing? Um....NO!
    I said there was no PROOF, EVIDENCE, ANYTHING OTHER THAN SUSPICIONS, to link him to anything. I think it was irresponsible, wreckless and downright stupid for the Chief Whip of our government to link a presidential candidate to the Northern Bank Robbery in such a manner. (Again, this is a tad OT for this thread)

Basically, (to bring it back to D'Arcy), whether you agree or disagree with what he says, is it not better that he doesn't sit on the fence or gloss over politics altogether. He expresses HIS opinions, it doesn't matter whether he changes them more often than facebook changes the layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Forgot he said that. Did he say anything about it when Kenny got elected or did he conviently "forget"?

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Forgot he said that. Did he say anything about it when Kenny got elected or did he conviently "forget"?

He claimed it was a 'figure of speech'. Like the time George Bush said, before he was elected, 'read my lips: no new taxes'. He then introduced new taxes. Figure of speech.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement