Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

ok folks lets get back to discussing Ray Darcy Show. Plenty of other places on Board.ie to discuss politics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

The arrogance of the wee man this morning...

during a conversation he offered Vincent Brown 'a job as a researcher if the TV3 gig didnt work out'

had to then laugh at wee ray trying to man up by talking about 'going for a pint' with VB

the joyless ray's anti-fun venom wouldnt know what to do with a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

my friend wrote: »

the joyless ray's anti-fun venom wouldnt know what to do with a pint.

complain about it, presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

mairead farrell most annoying person ever!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭louise5754

What the hell was she doing?? I missed some of it all I caught was her screaming her goddamn head off??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭R0C

That was just horrible, horrible radio. I love the Ray D'Arcy show, and Ray himself, but I fail to see what Mairead Farrell brings to the show. She certainly didn't show herself in a positive light [at least to my ears] this morning. What an idiot! Yes, we get it, you're a girlie girlie squeamish drama queen girlie. Not shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

mairead farrell most annoying person ever!!1

Missed it, what did she do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

louise5754 wrote: »
    What the hell was she doing?? I missed some of it all I caught was her screaming her goddamn head off??
    RachaelVO wrote: »
    Missed it, what did she do now?

She did the thing with the fish again[EDIT: where you put your body in water and the fish nibble off the dead flesh], except this time she submerged her entire body.
    Ah lads, would ye relax, that segment was worth it just for Ray and Will in the background asking her if she need to go to Beauxmont (or whatever the maternity hospital in Dublin is, can't remember exactly what they said.)

scream like a jack ass for 20 mins!! fish pedicure from what i could make out, you didn't miss much!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I like Miread (more becuase of her looks than her work tbh) but that stuff this morning was annoying.

But what was even more annoying was the texts coming in saying how brilliant it was! Or maybe they just make them up! :D

This after Mike Murphy telling us Bertie was a great politician of the people! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

That fish thing was one of the worst radio segments I've suffered (including Liveline!)

A woman shrieking uncontrollably is not good radio :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Laois_Man wrote: »

This after Mike Murphy telling us Bertie was a great politician of the people! :eek:

Mike completely lost me towards the end - defending Finucane and Tubridy's ridiculous salaries and talking up Bertie. Celtic Tiger Fianna Fail mug written all over Murphy.

I don't think it's possible to describe just how intense/horrible the screaming was for those that didn't hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Had to turn off that screaming banshee!!! :mad:

R0C wrote: »
    I don't think it's possible to describe just how intense/horrible the screaming was for those that didn't hear it.

There'll be a video...they can experience it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This definitely isn't what I heard on the radio this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Rookster banned for 2 days & his comment deleted for being abusive towards a radio presenter

harsh, calling her a radio presenter!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

Shown up today for exactly what she is - a spastic attention seeker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Paracore wrote: »
    Shown up today for exactly what she is - a spastic attention seeker.

I guess being an attention seeker is at some level common to anyone who works in the media in a presenter role, so it's not peculiar to her by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

What was the story yesterday on the agony aunt section over IVF? I heard somthing about a guy and his wife getting IVF and his sister had a problem with them

neris wrote: »
    What was the story yesterday on the agony aunt section over IVF? I heard somthing about a guy and his wife getting IVF and his sister had a problem with them

Brother and sister both trying for a baby with their respective partners.
    Both have difficulty.
    After a year of trying, the brother and his wife conceive.
    The sister does not.
    Sister now going for IVF, but doesn't speak to the brother anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Brother and sister both trying for a baby with their respective partners.
    Both have difficulty.
    After a year of trying, the brother and his wife conceive.
    The sister does not.
    Sister now going for IVF, but doesn't speak to the brother anymore.

just aswell you put in "with their respective partners"

Thats mad, youd think the sis might be someway happy, not exactly the brothers fault

neris wrote: »
    just aswell you put in "with their respective partners"

Thats mad, youd think the sis might be someway happy, not exactly the brothers fault

Haha, I'd the entire post written, read back over it and decided it'd be best to add that in :pac: :pac:

Well, I spose she is happy for him, but insanely jealous at the same time because he's having a child. Understandable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ray Darcy won speech broadcaster of the year at the PPIs last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The PPIs are a bit of a joke. The awards are like the prizes on The Late Late Show - there's one for everyone in the audience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Just 'de wan' ?

Speech Broadcaster of the Year ??? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

he eeeh won eeeh speech eeeh broadcaster eehhh of the eeh year ???????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

In order to win "Speech Broadcaster of The Year", I would have thought that a prerequisite would have been an ability to speak clearly and enunciate words without a load of umming and awwing? Or am I being naive?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement