Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

I would say he got it for broadcasting live from Moneygall for Obama's visit when no other radio station was there

• Registered Users Posts: 33,470 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can't believe this award.

Every day I cannot believe how badly he is at reading out texts or emails. You can even tell when he gets to the end of the sentence and has to move his eyes down to the next line. Its like listening to a 5yr old read.

Hope for us all yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,817 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Things that bug me is the near daily "not this one, that one." when he hits the wrong button and he messes up. How long has ray darcy been at this radio lark ? Surely he should have the hang of it now. And ya the email text thing, I mean can he not read through them before hand but it seems he only reads things out as he gets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Ian Dempsey is unreal for regularly pressing the wrong buttons in the middle of his show too. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,817 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ian Dempsey is unreal for regularly pressing the wrong buttons in the middle of his show too. :rolleyes:
    And Dempsey has been at the radio thing nearly thirty years im guessing(going on what year the den started etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm not going to criticise D'Arcy for pressing the wrong buttons. Be fair lads, he's probably setting songs and jingles to hotkeys on the fly during the show, so in fairness it can be an easy mistake to make, and it's not "daily" as someone said earlier, weekly would be more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

NIMAN wrote: »
    Can't believe this award.

Every day I cannot believe how badly he is at reading out texts or emails. You can even tell when he gets to the end of the sentence and has to move his eyes down to the next line. Its like listening to a 5yr old read.

Hope for us all yet.

I know! Heard him during the week and he just flew through about 5 texts, two of which were almost precisely identical. What on earth are Jenny et al at if these replicate texts are getting through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Also, it is a small thing, but instead of saying "John just texted in...", could he not say "John just got in touch with the show....". I don't need to know the method of communication John used to get in touch with D'Arcy and his Ladies. "John texting" conjures up images of some semi-literate dumbass beating on his smartphone like a drunken chimp, foaming at the mouth with excitement about the pearl of wisdom he is about to unleash on the population of Ireland.

Also, it is a small thing, but instead of saying "John just texted in...", could he not say "John just got in touch with the show....". I don't need to know the method of communication John used to get in touch with D'Arcy and his Ladies. "John texting" conjures up images of some semi-literate dumbass beating on his smartphone like a drunken chimp, foaming at the mouth with excitement about the pearl of wisdom he is about to unleash on the population of Ireland.

EVERY DJ SAYS THAT!!!!!!!! Jesus Christ......I've never heard a DJ say "John just got intouch", on The Ray Foley show, Ray says, "JP? Texts?" and JP reads them out, every other show "Well we have a text here from x about y".
    Seriously, I'm not saying D'Arcy is the best host in the world, but nit-picking over something like that? really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    EVERY DJ SAYS THAT!!!!!!!! Jesus Christ......I've never heard a DJ say "John just got intouch", on The Ray Foley show, Ray says, "JP? Texts?" and JP reads them out, every other show "Well we have a text here from x about y".
    Seriously, I'm not saying D'Arcy is the best host in the world, but nit-picking over something like that? really?
    +1

• Advertisement

EVERY DJ SAYS THAT!!!!!!!! .....

And that is why I avoid small-minded, parochial Irish radio, as I would avoid a dose of the plague......

And that is why I avoid small-minded, parochial Irish radio, as I would avoid a dose of the plague......

Are you actually taking the piss? "parochial Irish radio"? Because I suppose all other countries DJ's never say "so we've got a text here". So basically you must avoid all radio so?

Are you actually taking the piss? "parochial Irish radio"? Because I suppose all other countries DJ's never say "so we've got a text here". So basically you must avoid all radio so?

From my listening to stations in Britain and America on the internet, the DJ's make more of an effort to create decent imaginative talk content, beyond just reading out the textual drivel of their idiot listeners. MP3 players forever!! Listen to any foreign radio station for a while and you will see how lazy and small-minded the big Irish radio stations are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

From my perusal of this forum I think you are obsessed with Irish Radio DJ's and your negative opinions of them! You are not alone in that opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 yungb

Never came across some1 to love thier own voice as muck as Jenny kelly. Its like nails on a blackboard. and her over the top laugh at everything. at times she sound american. produce the show and stay quiet.

Deedsie wrote: »
    From my perusal of this forum I think you are obsessed with Irish Radio DJ's and your negative opinions of them! You are not alone in that opinion!

I think you might be right. If it wasn't for the tyranny of the communal workplace radio, with the station decided by democratic vote, I probably wouldn't be on this forum, picking fights with all and sundry.

I think you might be right. If it wasn't for the tyranny of the communal workplace radio, with the station decided by democratic vote, I probably wouldn't be on this forum, picking fights with all and sundry.

Considering your username, I now have an image of you sitting at desk, slowly getting redder and redder as you're forced to listen to D'Arcy and others, until finally, one day, you......go postal? :pac:

Considering your username, I now have an image of you sitting at desk, slowly getting redder and redder as you're forced to listen to D'Arcy and others, until finally, one day, you......go postal? :pac:

I was in the Co-op store today. They had a 5ft wooden walking-stick for sale at 10euro. I am going to wait for them to reduce it to 8euro. The following day I am going to march to work dressed up as Joseph Stalin. I am going to beat the crappy communal radio into its constituent parts. And I shall say "That is what I think of workplace democracy". Then I will sit down and do my days work, as if nothing was amiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jonnynitro

I was in the Co-op store today. They had a 5ft wooden walking-stick for sale at 10euro. I am going to wait for them to reduce it to 8euro. The following day I am going to march to work dressed up as Joseph Stalin. I am going to beat the crappy communal radio into its constituent parts. And I shall say "That is what I think of workplace democracy". Then I will sit down and do my days work, as if nothing was amiss.

make sure to stick that on youtube
    i for one will hit the like button

jonnynitro wrote: »
    make sure to stick that on youtube
    i for one will hit the like button

There's one other place he could stick it as well........ :pac: I kid, I kid. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

whats the story with the emails hes been reading the last few days from some airhead who writes like somthing off an episode of mtv cribs and ray and his 2 idiots think its the funniest thing ever. whoever writes those emails either likes taking the mickey or needs a serious boot up the hole into reality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

neris wrote: »
    whats the story with the emails hes been reading the last few days from some airhead who writes like somthing off an episode of mtv cribs and ray and his 2 idiots think its the funniest thing ever. whoever writes those emails either likes taking the mickey or needs a serious boot up the hole into reality

What did the emails say?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

I think it should be just Ray on his own!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

robo wrote: »
    I think it should be just Ray on his own!

I think the whole tired show should be scrapped. Anyway, I don't listen but it seems it's pretty much the same as it was ten years ago (Odd One Out Quiz etc- "carrot, turnip, Toyota". :rolleyes:)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Good man Ray, he's just after announcing on live radio that there will be 500 jobs lost in a company tomorrow, based on a random text.

How irresponsible is that ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

He seems very keen to put the boot into Bertie Ahern now that it makes no difference, whereas when Bertie was in power he was a great lad in Ray's eyes. Meanwhile, he never misses and opportunity to aim a kick at Labour and especially FG, the guys who are trying to fix the disaster Ahern left behind him... :confused:

Shelflife wrote: »
    Good man Ray, he's just after announcing on live radio that there will be 500 jobs lost in a company tomorrow, based on a random text.

How irresponsible is that ??

Very irresponsible....especially seeing as it looks like it's gonna be 1,000 jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

el diablo wrote: »
    What did the emails say?

Couldnt tell you but there was lots of LOLs and PEEPS mentioned in it. Fcukin airy fairy stuff

neris wrote: »
    Couldnt tell you but there was lots of LOLs and PEEPS mentioned in it. Fcukin airy fairy stuff

Some b/tch talking about sparkles and glitter and sh/t. Used LOL about fifty times....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Some b/tch talking about sparkles and glitter and sh/t. Used LOL about fifty times....

Ye sounds like a demented 14 year old after too many packets of haribo and cans of coke

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement