Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

He seems very keen to put the boot into Bertie Ahern now that it makes no difference, whereas when Bertie was in power he was a great lad in Ray's eyes. Meanwhile, he never misses and opportunity to aim a kick at Labour and especially FG, the guys who are trying to fix the disaster Ahern left behind him... :confused:

he'll do anything if he thinks it's popular at the time - reckon his biggest fear is that people won't like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

LLU wrote: »
    he'll do anything if he thinks it's popular at the time - reckon his biggest fear is that people won't like him.

Hope he never read this thread so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Sesudra wrote: »
    Hope he never read this thread so :D

Not everyone dislikes him though. I do agree he can be a bit sanctimonious but sure I don't know many people who aren't. The majority of posters on this site for a start fit that bill. :D

I still enjoy his show though, makes me laugh a lot and lightens the day for me no end!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

he got another email of that glitter/sparkles/peeps and lol nutter this morning. sounded like he was about jizz all over the studio when he was telling listners he got an email from her.

LLU wrote: »

Its called small man syndrom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

neris wrote: »
    he got another email of that glitter/sparkles/peeps and lol nutter this morning. sounded like he was about jizz all over the studio when he was telling listners he got an email from her.

And they dedicated a podcast to this idiot, why they find her so great i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I recall an interview with Ray long ago where he said it was his ambition to discover a "personality" via correspondence that the show received, one which he could introduce to the general public via the show, and have them entertain us. This is due, he said, to Mike Murphy / Gay Byrne discovering Dermot Morgan & pulling him from Day Job obscurity to perform & write for them; a regular gig followed (and eventually ,a tremendously sucessful career). This was gained solely on the strength of his witty letters to their shows.

This contributor is probably a lovely kid when she's out of character, but it does not make for good , entertaining radio.

Were I to take the politeness hat off for a mo, I'd probably say that I seriously hope to Jesus that Ray & the production team eventually see the light, and come to discover that someone sounding like an over-caffeinated promotions girl babbling in twitterspeak at 100mph is not really that entertaining after 30 seconds or so; and more digging is required before the next Dermot Morgan can be presented to the public.

Nutter was on again today. Turned off when he started reading her crap but tuned back in later and he was reading out texts from listners and getting really upset that one guy was giving out about her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Ray is being incredibly rude to Dana. Wouldn't like the woman but there is no need to keep talking over her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Did he really read out a text that said "I will now be voting for you based on your Christian beliefs alone"? Sorry, I just thought I might have travelled back in time to the early 1500's there..... :\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah someone texted that in, sickening after her refusal to blame the catholic church for any abuse, doesn't matter if there are bad priests there are good ones too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

xalot wrote: »
    Ray is being incredibly rude to Dana. Wouldn't like the woman but there is no need to keep talking over her.

Rude?

he treated her like a mammy the whole way through, no hard questions like he done to any of the others

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Dustin has me laughing here!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Results of their text poll in relation to the Presidential Election:

Gay Mitchell -2.7%, Dana - 3.2%, Mary Davis -5%, David Norris - 9.08% Martin McGuinness - 17.9%, Michael D Higgins -28.29%, Sean Gallagher - 33.95%

We really are a nation of idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Did they give the results of the poll yet??

That_Guy wrote: »

Gay Mitchell -2.7%, Dana - 3.2%, Mary Davis -5%, David Norris - 9.08% Martin McGuinness - 17.9%, Michael D Higgins -28.29%, Sean Gallagher - 33.95%

These results fill me with sadness... and a sense of foreboding as to what we'll be putting up with for the next seven years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

People are still voting for him after everything?!! :confused: And the Ray D'Arcy show would have quite a younger listenership I'd imagine....we'll never learn :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

After the things Vincent Brown pointed out about his business dealings last night, this makes me very sad :(

I still don't think he'll win though. *Fingers crossed.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Nothing more than I'd expect from RDS listeners...
    But they will be the demographic that goes out and votes...

Wertz wrote: »
    Nothing more than I'd expect from RDS listeners...
    But they will be the demographic that goes out and votes...

Unfortunately you're right... *sigh* I really wish I could vote, but given that it's a Thursday AGAIN (after all FG's bitching during Lisbon).......

I gotta hope that the general public of this country are more intelligent than the average RDS listener... Am I hoping too much? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No, only listeners to Darcy are.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    No, only listeners to Darcy are.

Hey, I listen to him. And so do you if you're posting here. Don't generalise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Don't panic hard as it is to believe darcys listeners are actually more stupid than he is.

Also remember , D'arcy was a Bertie FFanboy, it's only natural that D'arcy would support the new Bertie - Sean 'FF bagman' Gallagher

Will be interesting to see how FFanboy D'arcy copes now that willie has ran back to RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

my friend wrote: »
    Don't panic hard as it is to believe darcys listeners are actually more stupid than he is.

Also remember , D'arcy was a Bertie FFanboy, it's only natural that D'arcy would support the new Bertie - Sean 'FF bagman' Gallagher

Will be interesting to see how FFanboy D'arcy copes now that willie has ran back to RTE

I'll note that D'Arcy described Sean Gallagher this morning as, I think, 'simply a liar'. I don't think you can label him as a "FFanboy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

TBH I think RDS listeners and their peers are the focus of SG's campagin.
    Allowing me to generalise here for a second: throughout the boom, in the office, on the job site or in shop, Darcy was on the radio, bigging up the new found wealth and all the shiny stuff we could buy or places to go and people to espouse.

Now that employment in those sectors has collapsed, many are sitting at home pissed off and they hear the guy off DD making the right noises about jobs and positivity and babies. His focus on the unfairness of the treatment of subbies by current business laws was touted much on TodayFM (and rightly so)...
    In the main these people don't read much of the papers and get much of their consumable media from the radio and TV and online and from their peergroup.

FF connections don't matter with this demographic....the bust after all was the fault of bankers and a select few politicians, not FF grassroots or 'entrepeneurs' like Gallagher.
    They see him as the candidate closest to where their hopes and aspirations lie, rightly or wrongly and have been well marketed to...minds are made up now and are unlikely to change (he lack of anyone else's appeal is a big factor here)

Anyway it's a democracy and what will be will be...I'd urge anyone giving him the vote to at least read the following summary of dsicrepancies on the Irish Times site, before you tick the box.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1026/1224306508918.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Hey, I listen to him. And so do you if you're posting here. Don't generalise.

I don't listen ! But it's funny it's me you hit out at about generalising given a number of posts preceding mine. Feeling insecure in your relationship with Ray ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

xalot wrote: »

Ray seems to do this to every guest on the show its very annoying

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I don't listen ! But it's funny it's me you hit out at about generalising given a number of posts preceding mine. Feeling insecure in your relationship with Ray ? ;)

Not insecure in the slightest, god I love that man. I would gladly have his children. :pac: :pac:

I didn't mean it to read as if I was hitting out at you in particular, just trying to make the point that many different groups of people listen to RDS.

Oh God......he's going to read out another email from the sparkles b*tch soon.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Oh God......he's going to read out another email from the sparkles b*tch soon.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yer one who does the agony aunt routine! Jeez she gives some really **** advice!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement