Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

no worries, nice they changed the rules to a random draw and not the first one through. very annoying when you are streaming the channel online and you are about a minute behind everyone else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Ahhhhh just missed the last number. Did anyone get it

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

last number 31 and add it to first number 10 send to 53102...Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

last number is 31,

question is either add first and forth or first and fifth, got asked a question in work and didn't hear it right so texted in twice!

be warned if you sending in loads though the 53102 number no longer works as a free number for sending texts so you'll get charged no matter what free text bundle yo9u have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Fecking Neil delamere... AGAIN? :mad:

I thought i got a good headshot last time, but i must of missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Dating on the radio? Sounds just great. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Glad Ray is highlighting suicide again! I know suicide prevention is a topic he is very passionate about.

I personally don't think it can be highlighted enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just heard the piece there with John Duggan as they were talking about Gary Speed. Very well covered in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

Ray i love although his opinion that anyone who belives in God is a bit silly and misguided really bugs me . He belives everything science says blindly , but cant grasp belief in a higher power.

Jenny i think is fab , love her voice and i say she could buy and sell ray and the rest of them .One shrewd lady , but funny too.

Mairead i hate , she is so full of her own self importance .
    She has a huge ego and is very irritating to listen to

Will i love , like a dithery old professor , the others treat him terrible sometimes though but its like water off a ducks back to him.

Anton good stand in but couldnt keep the listeners if he was a main presenter to that slot

Sean Moncrieff is great in the afternoon slot on news talk . really enjoy his show . totally different to all other presenters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Ray was a naughty boy in the Rubberbandits interview there, telling them to "f**k off out of the studio" at the end. Their new song was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 39,817 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leakyboots wrote: »
    Ray was a naughty boy in the Rubberbandits interview there, telling them to "f**k off out of the studio" at the end. Their new song was brilliant
    ah sure earlier he was on about " sticking three fingers in her."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

leakyboots wrote: »

What was he trying to achieve by saying that?

I'm no prude, but there is no need for it, just sounds like he is trying to be a "rebel" as we used to say in school.

Unfortunately I guess there'll be a successful complaint upheld against the show in the next few weeks. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

What was he trying to achieve by saying that?

I'm no prude, but there is no need for it, just sounds like he is trying to be a "rebel" as we used to say in school.

He was talking about a study which says that cursing releases stress and pain... He said it just before cutting to an ad break.

Nothing to see here...move along

^^ Don't worry I'm not worried about it.

Just think there's no need for it. Radio works very well without it. Reminds me a bit of Gerry Ryan. He used to throw out plenty of language, but just seemed like he was just doing it for the sake of doing it..

Ah in fairness Ray only ever curses from time to time. Can't be compared to Ryan who I also felt did it for the sake of doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Listening to the bandits now! Ray is on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Typical Ray, will tell someone to f*&k off on air and then the next day will spell out the word sh ite so he doesnt offend anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The floods of tears brigade in full force right now on D'Arcy... :mad:

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    The floods of tears brigade in full force right now on D'Arcy... :mad:

Jeez have you no heart. Poor kid

Clanket wrote: »
    Jeez have you no heart. Poor kid

Poor kid, agreed. But any remotely sad story results in Ray spending 5 minutes reading out texts from people who are in floods of tears in their kitchen/office/car.

Same people that are dancing around the kitchen with their child/in office/in car when a live song is played...

Gino D'Acampo is a great character.

"I like to spend Christmas on a beach" - sounded like "I like-a spend-a Christmas on a bitch" :D

Ray just went silent for a second!

Agree with the above poster, that is a very sad story about the kid, but the "I'm in tears/nearly crashed laughing" texts got tiresome a long time ago. I mentioned on this thread before, if I worked on the show, I'd cut out those texts straight away.

Poor kid, agreed. But any remotely sad story results in Ray spending 5 minutes reading out texts from people who are in floods of tears in their kitchen/office/car.

Same people that are dancing around the kitchen with their child/in office/in car when a live song is played...

Fair point. But texts do form a huge part of the show

Clanket wrote: »
    Fair point. But texts do form a huge part of the show

Texts of substance/with a point are fairy nuf, but the repetitive tears/etc texts bore/bug the bejesus out of me... And I rarely (if ever) listen to the show, don't know how people who listen every day put up with it...

Texts of substance/with a point are fairy nuf, but the repetitive tears/etc texts bore/bug the bejesus out of me... And I rarely (if ever) listen to the show, don't know how people who listen every day put up with it...

Blank them out to be honest. I drift in and out of the show while it's on. I don't think there's a show on radio that doesn't use some sort of filler. Ray just happens to use texts.

And I rarely (if ever) listen to the show, don't know how people who listen every day put up with it...

Put up with it mainly because it doesn't happen every day that he has a story that brings out those texters, and if he does, it's usually a five minute link in a thre hour show that has these texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭neris

Did anyone hear the ad today for ispcc around 1030~11. Very sick ott ad to be playing during the day. Was a xmas ad about some kid christmad carols n his sister been in a room with drunk adults

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Yeah the "I'm sitting here at the kitchen table in floods of tears looking at my beautiful daughter thinking how precious she is" is bog standard fare with Mr D'Arcy! A total bore, but Ray loves them!

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    Did anyone hear the ad today for ispcc around 1030~11. Very sick ott ad to be playing during the day. Was a xmas ad about some kid christmad carols n his sister been in a room with drunk adults

Heard it, wouldn't call it sick or OTT, I'd go with powerful & effective. As long as it's a rarity that you hear it, it's v. good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement