Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,468 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

jesus that interview with Paul galvin was cringe worthy.....

why the fcuk did he end it with "do you want to apologise to Ivor callaley *ahem* Oliver Callan?"....

WTF??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

what response did he expect? while im certianly not a paul galvin fan i though that question was completely out of order for radio show host.

interviewing is definitely not his strong point

edit: obvious :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I only caught the end of that. What was the story with it. How did he let himself down and why would he have to apologise?

Clanket wrote: »
    How did he let himself down and why would he have to apologise?

http://joe.ie/gaa/gaa-news/galvin-v-callan-the-real-reasons-behind-the-spat-0016999-1

i dont think hes anything to apologise for.. and by his reaction, neither does he

Yep nothing to apolgise for but he sounds like he took it way too seriously by the sounds of that article.

It's a joke everyone knows - Only well dressed men in Ireland are gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

sydthebeat wrote: »
    http://joe.ie/gaa/gaa-news/galvin-v-callan-the-real-reasons-behind-the-spat-0016999-1

i dont think hes anything to apologise for.. and by his reaction, neither does he

That's ridiculous.If he did "square up to him" then he has plenty to apologise for. Callan is a muppet but being called gay is hardly insulting this day in age. Gay or straight a slight discomfort at someone questioning his sexuality is NO excuse for threatening or violent behaviour. Plenty of others has the p*ss ripped out of them by Callan, Mario Rosenstock etc.

Met plenty of knuckle draggers in my days in North Kerry and obviously all Paul's "feshion" isn't a sign of evolution on his part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,025 ✭✭✭Patser

neris wrote: »
    Did anyone hear the ad today for ispcc around 1030~11. Very sick ott ad to be playing during the day. Was a xmas ad about some kid christmad carols n his sister been in a room with drunk adults

That ad was on again today and I agree is a bit OTT. They have the same Voice Actor as the famous Barry's Tea Christmas ad, played over a soft 'Silent Night' chime and you figure this is going to be a lovely, nice Christmas ad. Ends with the kid getting punched around:eek:

I know charity ads have been becoming harder and harder hitting over time but jaysus this is a bit harsh, almost anti-Christmas! And it's not even a charity appeal, instead support the 'Fight for Children's Rights'. Not cool ISPCC.

And I'd say Barry's Tea wont be too impressed how similar it sounds.

Edit: Found a link online to it

http://soundcloud.com/ispccchildline/ispcc-silent-night-christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Patser wrote: »
    That ad was on again today and I agree is a bit OTT. They have the same Voice Actor as the famous Barry's Tea Christmas ad, played over a soft 'Silent Night' chime and you figure this is going to be a lovely, nice Christmas ad. Ends with the kid getting punched around:eek:

I know charity ads have been becoming harder and harder hitting over time but jaysus this is a bit harsh, almost anti-Christmas! And it's not even a charity appeal, instead support the 'Fight for Children's Rights'. Not cool ISPCC.

And I'd say Barry's Tea wont be too impressed how similar it sounds.

Edit: Found a link online to it

http://soundcloud.com/ispccchildline/ispcc-silent-night-christmas

Totally agree. Was all settled in on my tea break and thought it was Barry's Tea ad. So shocking and so powerful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

sydthebeat wrote: »
    jesus that interview with Paul galvin was cringe worthy.....

why the fcuk did he end it with "do you want to apologise to Ivor callaley?"....

WTF??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I agree, a very strange question to ask.

Because his fight was with Oliver Callan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

did he say Ivor callaley?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Did Ray ask him,how despite him being a "fashionista",he looks like a wino who has found a bag of clothes in a skip behind Penneys??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I think when it comes to children "getting punched around", the harder hitting the better.

EDIT: read that back, and I don't intend any pun.........
    Patser wrote: »
    They have the same Voice Actor as the famous Barry's Tea Christmas ad

Just on that.. It was Peter Caffrey who voiced that ad, and he passed away a few years ago, so it wouldn't be him doing this one.

Skid wrote: »
    I agree, a very strange question to ask.

Because his fight was with Oliver Callan :pac:

LOL jaysus i dont know where that came from.... D'OH! :P:P:P

ill edit my previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

God.... I'm starting to see why people on here don't like Mairead..... that segment just there about gifts was painful. She's so whiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    God.... I'm starting to see why people on here don't like Mairead..... that segment just there about gifts was painful. She's so whiny.

She's a tool. Up her own hole and loves herself...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Eh, I don't like the Ray D'Arcy show myself and I accidentally came across this thread but I had a read over the last few pages and there really are some ar*eholes here.

Let me make this as simple as possible because most of you are idiots. If you don't like the show, don't listen to it. It really doesn't get much simpler than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

thefly wrote: »
    Eh, I don't like the Ray D'Arcy show myself and I accidentally came across this thread but I had a read over the last few pages and there really are some ar*eholes here.

Let me make this as simple as possible because most of you are idiots. If you don't like the show, don't listen to it. It really doesn't get much simpler than that.

How original. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    How original. :rolleyes:

Let me guess, you're one them who hate the show but listen to it everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Let me guess, you're one them who hate the show but listen to it everyday

Haven't listened to it in at least three years.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Doh, maybe if you bothered to read the whole thread you would see that there are alot of people out there who have a shared workplace and have to choice but to listen to the show!

el diablo wrote: »
    Haven't listened to it in at least three years.

Haven't listened to it in at least 5. I used to enjoy it, then found myself hating it so guess what? I stopped listening to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Why did he let your one away with googiling the answers to the questions in the Competition this morning???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Why did he let your one away with googiling the answers to the questions in the Competition this morning???

Yea I thought the same. 'She loves to read' she said. My arse ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Yea I thought the same. 'She loves to read' she said. My arse ...
    Yea, that's when he should have let her have it big time, bad liar.

If I was Ray, I would have told her "We don't give prizes to cheats like you" hung up and dedicated a phone in segment to people like her tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 silvershark

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Can someone tell me her suggestions for a present for a wife. I heard something in the background about making up a small hamper thing.. What I actually want is to make up something from out little baby to her..

Yep I rarely text the show but I had to after that. Blatant cheating. The neck on your woman.

All Ray said after the ad break was "Competitions. Sure who'd do them." He was obviously getting a load of texts about it.

I hope someone sends in a big email about it and how he shouldn't allow cheaters and he has to read it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

The show is car crash radio this morning...

Non funny Andrew Maxwell pretending to be an Elf.

I think he (Ray) is getting worse as things go on...perhaps his team are to blame as each morning his paper review sounds like its the first he heard of it...

Still no decent alternatives though....:eek:

Yeh Maxwell just isn't funny. Terrible show this morning other than the woman from the LauraLinn foundation.

Still like it most other days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Another out of tune, breathy, lo-fi rendition of a Christmas song begets waves of "OMG LET HER SING FOREVER" texts, shocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Clanket wrote: »
    Yep I rarely text the show but I had to after that. Blatant cheating. The neck on your woman.

"Eh just one second, eh, eh, eh" then blurts out the name of some poet and the full title of a poem. Very obvious, and agree that he should have just pulled the plug on it and got another genuine contestant.

And the guest rotation of the same unfunny comedians is just stupid at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

DuckStab wrote: »
    Another out of tune, breathy, lo-fi rendition of a Christmas song begets waves of "OMG LET HER SING FOREVER" texts, shocker!

Painfully out of tune at times.

I was tempted to text in "I'm in tears listening here ... plese make her stop"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement