Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Skid wrote: »
    Painfully out of tune at times.

I was tempted to text in "I'm in tears listening here ... plese make her stop"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

"Eh just one second, eh, eh, eh" then blurts out the name of some poet and the full title of a poem. Very obvious, and agree that he should have just pulled the plug on it and got another genuine contestant.

And the guest rotation of the same unfunny comedians is just stupid at this stage.

Des Bishop
    Neil Delamare
    David McSavage
    Andrew Maxwell
    Des Bishop
    Des Bishop
    Des Bishop
    Des Bishop:mad::mad::mad:

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Des Bishop
    Neil Delamare
    David McSavage
    Andrew Maxwell
    Des Bishop
    Des Bishop
    Des Bishop

Don't forget Tommy Tiernan, he runs and so does Ray, did you know that Ray runs? Because he does...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Des Bishop
    Neil Delamare
    David McSavage
    Andrew Maxwell
    Des Bishop
    Des Bishop
    Des Bishop
    dulpit wrote: »
    Don't forget Tommy Tiernan, he runs and so does Ray, did you know that Ray runs? Because he does...

And of course Jason Byrne, and PJ Gallagher! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Here's a questions for you all:

Who would you like to hear more of on the show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

And of course Jason Byrne, and PJ Gallagher! :(

Also dont forget Maeve "I've got a cork accent so therefore must be funny" Higgins....

Clanket wrote: »
    Here's a questions for you all:

Who would you like to hear more of on the show?

Will.

mikep wrote: »
    Also dont forget Maeve "I've got a cork accent so therefore must be funny" Higgins....

Haven't heard much of her recently. Thank God
    Will.

Yeh he's a gas man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

DuckStab wrote: »
    Another out of tune, breathy, lo-fi rendition of a Christmas song begets waves of "OMG LET HER SING FOREVER" texts, shocker!
    Lisa Hannigan was awful, could not believe she was so badof course Ray was straight in with wow that was fantastic! Also why when he has Dustin on does he feel the need to try and be someone he is not? He started mumbling about wearing Jenny's shoes in the bedroom and then moved on quickly as he embarrassed himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

This thread is embarrassing, surely the time has come for a new thread on the Ray Darcy show. The bitching that goes on here is horrible. The entire boards.ie website is getting a bad name in society as a playground for giving out about anything and everything.

God forbid fans of the show want to discuss it without having to wade through the pathetic whinings and insults of these anonymous internet critics. Will ye get a fúckén life ye losers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

May i suggest that if people don't like other people's opinions on D'Arcy that they go start an appreciation thread or enter a logical debate as to why they disagree.

I think the appreciation thread is a good idea.

I know I'm sick of defending a show that people have the option to turn off if they don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

people have the option to turn off if they don't like.

Wow.

How many times? Some of us don't have that option! ;)

Elvis you're a decent contributor to this thread. It's the people that come in just to give out about a show they supposedly don't listen to that gets on my wick.

I think if we had a thread that was just for discussion (good and bad) and didn't have that poll at the top, the one off posters would tend to stay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

mikep wrote: »

at least they got rid of section that used be on once a week.
    jayus t'was pure sh1te!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

So one off posters aren't entitled to contribute...unless it's positive? Some who don't listen regularly or at all may have heard it on the bus or in a shop or where ever, as I did this morning, (few things have changed since this thread started 4 yrs back IMO, Ray & Jenny still as annoying as ever) and feel like mentioning it.
    'That' poll is long since closed although I'm not sure why the poll is an issue, discussion can take place in a thread with a poll.

I think I may be thinking more of the Ray Foley show. That thread gets pretty tedious with people coming in to call him all sorts.

Carry on (giving out :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think I may be thinking more of the Ray Foley show. That thread gets pretty tedious with people coming in to call him all sorts.

Carry on (giving out :D).

You must be related to D'Arcy if you don't want people criticising him! :pac: :pac: (that's a joke in case any of ye don't read the foley show thread. :))

Ah lads! That competition was a joke!

"Who wrote Wurthering Heights?"
    "Um........um............um.........."
    "Need an answer?"
    "Ummm............ummmmmmmm.....ummmmmm"
    "Need an answer quick as you can?"
    "aaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmm......................."
    "Emily Bronte!"
    "Yeah! You win!"

Couldn't have been more obviously Googled if they had said "Hold on Ray I'm not that fast at typing."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Looks like we had another 'googeler' on the competition today. While he should call them up on it, he has no way to really prove it so what can he do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I think the appreciation thread is a good idea.

I know I'm sick of defending a show that people have the option to turn off if they don't like.
    You also have the option not to read the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah lads! That competition was a joke!

"Who wrote Wurthering Heights?"
    "Um........um............um.........."
    "Need an answer?"
    "Ummm............ummmmmmmm.....ummmmmm"
    "Need an answer quick as you can?"
    "aaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmm......................."
    "Emily Bronte!"
    "Yeah! You win!"

Couldn't have been more obviously Googled if they had said "Hold on Ray I'm not that fast at typing."

What I cannot believe is how stupid/ignorant/uneducated people really are. Did these people ever go to school. I don't know which was worse, this fool googling Wuthering Heights (one of the best books ever) or the other fool saying that Cecelia Ahern wrote Persuasion. Are these people literate? Are people watching too much TV? Or are the Irish just a nation of Turnips? Really sad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Wuthering Heights surely...

As for googling quizzes, f*ckin' sad... those idiots that take their iphone to the bog during table quizzes and the like need it flushing down the pan.
    Ask the same people on the phone-in who was in the xfactor final or whatever and they wouldn't be doing online searches I'll bet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

Apologies. Rectified now. This illiteracy is contagious.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Oh yes we know ray runs ,we know every f**king detail of his f**king running :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Today FM's Twitter feed posted this ...
    Ray Darcy confirms he has signed a 3 year contract extension with Today FM

http://twitter.com/#!/todayFMnews

3 more glorious years of Mr Darcy :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Wertz wrote: »
    So one off posters aren't entitled to contribute...unless it's positive? Some who don't listen regularly or at all may have heard it on the bus or in a shop or where ever, as I did this morning, (few things have changed since this thread started 4 yrs back IMO, Ray & Jenny still as annoying as ever) and feel like mentioning it.
    'That' poll is long since closed although I'm not sure why the poll is an issue, discussion can take place in a thread with a poll.

Hi Wertz, dont bother engaging with back seat mods, on threads like these they tend to be vested interests that don't like to face harsh realities...

You must be related to D'Arcy if you don't want people criticising him! :pac: :pac: (that's a joke in case any of ye don't read the foley show thread. :))

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! :D
    my friend wrote: »
    Hi Wertz, dont bother engaging with back seat mods, on threads like these they tend to be vested interests that don't like to face harsh realities...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! :D

Its ridiculous... I have a vested interest here because i dont like the way this thread has gone.

I admit it, I am Jenny Kelly.

• Advertisement

I'm John Malkovich

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement