Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I am spartacus... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

I'm incontinent.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

I'm in tears, dancing around the kitchen with my beautiful 2 year old ;)

Back on topic, I can't imagine that the 3 year contract extension is going to result in any sort of shake up or improvement in the stale format of the show. Good thing I only have to listen to the show when I'm in the car with my mother once a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Didn't hear the show from the start, where's Ray this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Oh GOD! That feckin' "little star" competition sh*te again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Didn't hear the show from the start, where's Ray this morning?
    KC said he was at a funeral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Dempsey said he has some good news today. Another little Darcy on the way?

Turns out it was two staff of the show are getting married.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Clanket wrote: »
    Dempsey said he has some good news today. Another little Darcy on the way?

I think it was about two staff in todayfm (engineering) got engaged. :rolleyes:

Loved that piece with the one who fostered 140 kids... Rio I think her name was. Very entertaining imho.

• Advertisement

She had some stories alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Another three 'I am in tears here listening' text before 9.20 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

pepper-spray-UCD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

The D'arcy show got the boot from my radio till the new year. He really does some insufferable rubbish at this time of year!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

that mairead farrell is like a sh1te canned laughter cd!!
    everything that clown daithi o'shea says she is howling laughing!
    what a spa!! (yes she does get on my goat!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

That bloody sparkles nutjob was on again today. :mad:
    Was only thinking yesterday that she was probably going around dressed as Santa for that Red Tinsel thing he does and was surprised he wasn't talking to her then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

yer man Jack L is a class act.

yer man Jack L is a class act.

True that. Great voice. :)

Have to admit, that piece about the bobble head Ray just there made me smile. :v

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Really enjoyed the show this morning...

Jack L was totally the icing on the cake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

The last D'Arcy show before Christmas is always pretty cheesy stuff, but it's Christmas which is the time for cheese on TV & the radio so it was a good listen on the 23rd!

I have to say though, when Ray Foley kicked off after D'Arcy his first line was gold, especially since it was said in a clearly pissed-off voice: "I see it's take-your-kids-to-work-and-let-other-people-look-after-them day"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Anyone know when he's back?

Scráib wrote: »
    The last D'Arcy show before Christmas is always pretty cheesy stuff, but it's Christmas which is the time for cheese on TV & the radio so it was a good listen on the 23rd!

I have to say though, when Ray Foley kicked off after D'Arcy his first line was gold, especially since it was said in a clearly pissed-off voice: "I see it's take-your-kids-to-work-and-let-other-people-look-after-them day"

That was brilliant. And all during the foley show that day they were taking the piss out of them....

"So you're sitting at your computer trying to concentrate on a piece of audio, then some three year old comes and starts kicking your monitor, while their parent doesn't even look up from their work and says "ah sure isn't he great!"..." :P

Always hate when the D'Arcy show's team have their sprogs on the air.... but that's because i hate kids in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    That was brilliant. And all during the foley show that day they were taking the piss out of them....

"So you're sitting at your computer trying to concentrate on a piece of audio, then some three year old comes and starts kicking your monitor, while their parent doesn't even look up from their work and says "ah sure isn't he great!"..." :P

Always hate when the D'Arcy show's team have their sprogs on the air.... but that's because i hate kids in general.

It was brilliant stuff, and I can empathize with Foley! If someone lets their kids run amok and expects other people to watch them it's bad form.

Still though, the show on the 23rd was good that bit notwithstanding!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Loved Foley and gang slagging off the kids.
    He better get used to it because Jenny is pregnant again, so we will have to listen to Ray banging on about two kids soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

buster180 wrote: »
    Loved Foley and gang slagging off the kids.
    He better get used to it because Jenny is pregnant again, so we will have to listen to Ray banging on about two kids soon.
    What the hell do they put in the water at Today FM? :confused: Every few months someone else seems to be up the duff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Dymo

The cynical part of me says Darcy got Jenny up the duff again so he felt it better if he proposes to her for the sake of catholic Ireland.The real me thinks it so sweet.

But your right que every single show for the next couple of months about babies and weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Congrats to the pair on their engagement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I saw on facebook they were engaged, wondered what had finally pushed him into it, then heard about the pregnancy, it all makes sense! As if Ray Foley wasn't babbling about his kid enough now D'Arcy will ramp up his kid chat even more, need to find a new station...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I always get a bit confused about how D'Arcy get slagged off for the mere mention of his private life - yet when Gerry Ryan died, the constant theme of the tributes paid to him were about how part of his "brilliance" as a radio presenter was the way in which he let the listener into his personal life (ignoring how that subsequently turned to be a bit of a crock of ****), and one of the constant criticisms I hear about Tubridy is that he's too distant and impersonal from his listeners.

It seems people are never happy either way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Dymo wrote: »
    The cynical part of me says Darcy got Jenny up the duff again so he felt it better if he proposes to her for the sake of catholic Ireland.

Come on, you can't be serious here. Ray has been a serious critic of the Catholic Church. In all fairness he and Jenny have been together a long time, if he was that worried about Catholic Ireland he would have married her a long time ago. Besides the fact that this is giving no credit to Jenny herself, who may not have wanted to get married til now.

Can people not just be bloody happy for the two of them?! There's so much feckin misery in this country and then 2 people who clearly love each other announce good news and people just want to knock them or find cynical reasons for the marriage. Forget Catholic Ireland, Begrudgery Ireland is alive and well anyway. Best of luck to them I say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement