Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Jeez... He is on a rant for the past half hour about the Personal Insolvency Bill.

He was having a go at Conor Pope, and trying to push him to answer questions that he didn't have an answer for. Conor was half laughing and just said "listen Ray, this is just a bill, the details you want aren't available yet". Ray started on "sure isn't that the problem with this country, they don't think things through".

I was going to mention this earlier, but then realised I'd just be rewriting a post I made in August pretty much verbatim! Even down to the "You're not EMPATHISING!" bit, couldn't believe he was on that one again. Like he and Jenny are on minimum wage :rolleyes:
    Demanding intricate details on a bill that A) isn't finalised, B) hasn't been passed yet and C) won't be in place for over a year! The mind boggles.
    Still the texts were relatively amusing given that all of them were in opposition to Ray's "Where's my NAMA, Joe?" attitude!

But I was brought swiftly back down to earth with Cathy Davey doing her own interpretation of a seal being clubbed to death. Conveniently scheduled for 11:55 so there was no time for the otherwise ubiquitous "OMG sitting here at the kitchen table with tears in my eyes" texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Listened a bit this morning and was wondering why Ray is still p***ed off at Enda Kenny for driving over his dog(?) all those years ago? Let it go Ray:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think the slating Ray gets here is over done most of the time, and it's generally unfair, but my biggest gripe with him is his interviewing style. I was listening to him interviewing some guy either last week or the beginning of this week, and it was so frustrating. He just kept talking over the guy and wouldn't give him a chance to answer his constant barrage of questions, all this added to his tendency to ask a question and then try and answer it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

i am also fed up with the dating , match making lark but i texted ray and told him, rather than ranted on here. i also said his guest were on rotation and he should shake up the show.if more of you contacted the show with opinions something might be done

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

i am also fed up with the dating , match making lark but i texted ray and told him, rather than ranted on here. i also said his guest were on rotation and he should shake up the show.if more of you contacted the show with opinions something might be done
    He's doing pretty well in the ratings so nothing will change till those figures start dropping.
    So I personally would not waste a free text telling him! The show is getting pretty lame, almost juvenile but that's seems to be what 'the people' want.
    The people get what the people want... and we just have to put up with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Hit him up with this thread.......... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

homer90 wrote: »
    Hit him up with this thread.......... :pac:

He knows about this thread already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

DuckStab wrote: »
    Conveniently scheduled for 11:55 so there was no time for the otherwise ubiquitous "OMG sitting here at the kitchen table with tears in my eyes" texts.

I laughed out loud here when i read that...

That is very true... always after some unplugged - in studio song.

I have to come to rays defence on one thing though.... lately - his music choice has become better and seems to no longer be the same 15 song in rotation everyday.

amiable wrote: »

And seems to be finding out what's most disliked about the show and combining them. Not only did he have yet another gig-plugging stand up comedian this morning, but over the course of the discussion decided that he was to be their next dating project! "Find Fred a Filly" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

And seems to be finding out what's most disliked about the show and combining them. Not only did he have yet another gig-plugging stand up comedian this morning, but over the course of the discussion decided that he was to be their next dating project! "Find Fred a Filly" :rolleyes:

To be fair, this thread is only a microcosm of RDS listeners. The rest of his listeners may love this stuff, and they evidently do if his ratings are still holding steady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭neris

I turned off when I heard when he said that. That kelly 1 was about to pi55 herself with excitment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Loved that birthday story... him singing happy birthday through gritted teeth, bet every wife/gf could relate to that one!

So his ratings are up! Good for him, I still enjoy the show, always have, will admit getting sick of the dating thing though! If he knocks that nonsense on the head it'll be far better!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ah lads, you must be joking...

Guess who:

_nd_ _w M_x_ _ l_

• Registered Users Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭neris

who hasnt been on since decembr 8th and hes still going with that elf ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is Jenny's job to laugh uncontrollably at everything Maxwell says?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

dulpit wrote: »
    Is Jenny's job to laugh uncontrollably at everything Maxwell says?

No it's not actually. She's just filling in for Mairead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

No it's not actually. She's just filling in for Mairead :pac:

Ah, my bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Guess who:

_nd_ _w M_x_ _ l_

I'm telling ye,the countdown to Bishop is well and truly on:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah lads, don't focus on just the end of the show. In fairness, the first two hours(which were the only two I heard 'cos of college) were fair gas. The talk of vejazzling had me in stitches. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

amiable wrote: »

Does he? Has he mentioned it on air?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Guess who:

_nd_ _w M_x_ _ l_
    is he suposed to be funny do ye no? as for the funny elf , not. thats when i turned of the radio, i texted in saying '''you should be on the tv,then i can turn you off'' dont no if he read it out or not, just cant stand maxwell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

cats.life wrote: »
    is he suposed to be funny do ye no? as for the funny elf , not. thats when i turned of the radio, i texted in saying '''you should be on the tv,then i can turn you off'' dont no if he read it out or not, just cant stand maxwell.

My God you actually 'texted' that in? Very brave!

You absolute hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Paracore wrote: »
    My God you actually 'texted' that in? Very brave!

You absolute hero.

futuramafry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Fair play to Ray he reeeeealy reeeeealy wants to see Mairead's vagina.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ondadole

Ray Darcy should have being a plumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That thing with Mairead this morning was highly annoying. The fuss she was making over it. It's gone within 4 to 7 days your one said. Get over yourself you attention seeking bint.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

That_Guy wrote: »
    That thing with Mairead this morning was highly annoying. The fuss she was making over it. It's gone within 4 to 7 days your one said. Get over yourself you attention seeking bint.

Ye she's an annoying b**ch alright, god help her boyfriend :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

maxfresh wrote: »
    Ye she's an annoying b**ch alright, god help her boyfriend :P

Does she have one? I think her husband left her.

It was a pretty clever segue to go from Ms. Farrell's flange to Craig Diyle, mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Fair play to Ray he reeeeealy reeeeealy wants to see Mairead's vagina.

Again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement