Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

batm!ke wrote: »
    Heartbreaking story. Really feel for that family. Fair play to that man for having the head to write that letter/email. :(

can someone synopsise! i only got bits and am confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

A man emailed in to the show detailing his 42 year old wife's fight with cancer. I stand to be corrected about some details here but she was a nurse and suffered from fatigue and back pain. She put it down to her job but they discovered too late that she had cancer of either the kidney or liver, I'm not too sure, and it had spread to her lungs. It made her breathing very difficult over time and she was admitted to hospital with breathing difficulties only at the start of this week. The husband was at her bedside as she passed on peacefully. She is survived by her parents, husband and two daughters, I might be wrong but I think her daughters were only 15 and 10. Her funeral is this weekend. Her husband emailed Ray to tell their story and to thank the Shave or Dye efforts. He promised to do his bit for cancer awareness when the family 'returned to some sense of normality'.

Ray was audibly upset reading the mail and had to choke back tears a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

A man emailed in to the show detailing his 42 year old wife's fight with cancer. I stand to be corrected about some details here but she was a nurse and suffered from fatigue and back pain. She put it down to her job but they discovered too late that she had cancer of either the kidney or liver, I'm not too sure, and it had spread to her lungs. It made her breathing very difficult over time and she was admitted to hospital with breathing difficulties only at the start of this week. The husband was at her bedside as she passed on peacefully. She is survived by her parents, husband and two daughters, I might be wrong but I think her daughters were only 15 and 10. Her funeral is this weekend. Her husband emailed Ray to tell their story and to thank the Shave or Dye efforts. He promised to do his bit for cancer awareness when the family 'returned to some sense of normality'.

Ray was audibly upset reading the mail and had to choke back tears a couple of times.
    yes that was a realy tough one to read, i was driving while he was reading it all out, i had to stop cos i coudnt see where i was going cos i cryed , i have breast cancer and i no the heart ache .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Horse84

Des feckin bishop...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Dub Ste wrote: »
    I'm telling ye,the countdown to Bishop is well and truly on:rolleyes::rolleyes:

BINGO!

:(

• Advertisement

BINGO!

I don't mind Des Bishop all that much, but is he trying to set a new record for saying the word 'prick' in an interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

BINGO!

Happy days,I was off work yesterday,and didn't listen to the radio,thank feck I missed this.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,880 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

AAARRRGGGHHHH!

Stuck listening to D'Arcy today, and it's the usual Valentines rubbish, people pulling over in floods of tears/etc.

:mad:

Why today?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

dulpit wrote: »
    AAARRRGGGHHHH!

Stuck listening to D'Arcy today, and it's the usual Valentines rubbish, people pulling over in floods of tears/etc.

Why today?!?

Eh let me see, valentines rubbish, on Feb 14th of all days...

Cannot see why that would be at all :rolleyes:

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Eh let me see, valentines rubbish, on Feb 14th of all days...

Cannot see why that would be at all :rolleyes:

The why today was more to do with why did I get stuck listening today, not why are they doing valentines stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

AAARRRGGGHHHH!

Why today?!?

We can't really complain that much today in fairness. Even Newstalk's breakfast show was littered with sappy valentines shíte.

The one that's on now is pretty funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

The why today was more to do with why did I get stuck listening today, not why are they doing valentines stuff...

Not so sure it would make any difference what station you were listening to today, they are all the fecking same!

John Barrowman is funny. Taking the piss out of Rays interview tecnique!

"You are obviously not comfortable talking to a gay man Ray" :D

John Barrowman was the highlight, that bi-dialectical thing was mad! Show was fairly boring otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Who's up next on the comedian merrygoround? David O'Doherty or (god forbid) MAeve Higgins?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Jesus that Burger King ad with those muppets Jedward is annoying!
    Seriously whats with the American accents? Aren't they from Shankill or out that direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Jesus that Burger King ad with those muppets Jedward is annoying!
    Seriously whats with the American accents? Aren't they from Shankill or out that direction?

No, Lucan.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

John Barrowman was the highlight, that bi-dialectical thing was mad! Show was fairly boring otherwise.

I really dislike John Barrowman.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

el diablo wrote: »
    No, Lucan.

Closer to L.A. than shankhill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Gay Byrne.... what a legend!!! Him coughing there at the end is still making me laugh. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I am a long time listener to Ray but I do think he's really gone off the boil in the last year.

I think that tights off thing was the final straw - I know it was a couple of weeks ago now. :eek:

I've turned it off fairly quickly every time I turned on the radio this week...valentine's day rubbish, Email bag (the worst regular feature), shave or dye (I support the initiative but listening to people talk about hair dying does not make good radio).

Almost to the point where I go in search of another station for the morning at a work.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I heard the first few minutes of D'Arcy this morning, he was talking about a story in paper about how reporting of social welfare fraud has increased a lot. He more or less stated that it's a shame that people are spying on their neighbours, and when he read a text saying that people should report fraud, he stated that 2 wrongs don't make a right. :mad::mad::mad:

If someone is committing fraud - that's wrong. If someone reports them - that's right. Now get off your high horse D'Arcy and cop on...

What the fuppin hell?

Am I going crazy or is that Des Bishop I hear again?

He was on this day last week FFS....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

What the fuppin hell?

Am I going crazy or is that Des Bishop I hear again?

He was on this day last week FFS....

Did he tell the "immersion joke" again? :mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Did he tell the "immersion joke" again? :mad:

Ha. No he didn't as it happens :p

That is taking the recycling of "comedians" to the limit though. Two Mondays in a row.. silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I am a long time listener to Ray but I do think he's really gone off the boil in the last year.

I think that tights off thing was the final straw - I know it was a couple of weeks ago now. :eek:

What was the tights thing? I don't hear the show too often anymore.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Caraville wrote: »
    What was the tights thing? I don't hear the show too often anymore.

Have a look at page 175/176 of this thread - Jenny & Mairead bought the same tights in 2 different shops and Ray had to feel them to tell the difference. It was *the worst* radio in a long time.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Couple of weeks ago mairead and Jenny tried on tights,one expensive and one from penneys,this is the cringy part,Ray had to check the smoothness,strength,quality of them while the girls were wearing them. Possibly the worst radio they have ever done. Love the show and team but that was an all time low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

Today's show reminds me of the episode of Fr Ted when himself & Dougal wrote My Lovely Horse for Eurosong. They really don't have to have the whole show dedicated to writing the Euro 2012 song ... too many chiefs and not enough Indians!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement