Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭neris

my friend wrote: »
    D'arcy and his lumpenproletariat listeners are truly the sick side of our Nation

i gave up weeks ago on darcy and just listen to my ipod in the car now in the mornings but hadnt got it with me yesterday and managed to hear that drivel from that lula. duno whos worse ray darcy or joe duffy. both shows serve no purpose anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Being honest and im no fan of Ray, you would seriously have to question why any woman would agree to be on live radio during her labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Shelflife wrote: »
    Being honest and im no fan of Ray, you would seriously have to question why any woman would agree to be on live radio during her labour.

Some people will do anything for an Odd One Out fleece and a bobble head Ray

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

D'arcy and his lumpenproletariat listeners are truly the sick side of our Nation

<Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Attack the post not the poster. Step away from the abuse please.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I've been on here a few times now... lamping ray for the continuous dating segments and the same old comedians on in perfect rotation and the same 15 songs in rotation too...

But, I have to say i am happy that the dating has taken a break (for the moment anyways) and songs are wide and varying lately so things are looking up for the show in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

not satisfied with stealing joes thunder on the household charge he's got the dubalin payple on at each other now:rolleyes:

at least it's a change from the blind date

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

It's an atrocious piece he's running now, Ray is just being an arse about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

This show really really jumped the shark this morning. He used a piece on taking down bras hanging across a road to continue his campaign against household charges. If i wanted wall-to-wall coverage of the charge, ray, i would listen to radio 1. Or tune into Joe Duffy. Is this Rays attempt to campaign to replace Joe when he retires?

Enough already. Time to find another station, i think

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

When that segment was on I just turned to one of the lads and said that's Ray going for his Joe Duffy slot. Not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Gymnastics on radio? Well done Ray. :\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

Did Ray say that he would pay the household charge or would donate the money instead to Crumlin hospital, as I hear him advocating?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭baldbear

Pauline mcglynn on now. i Hate the way people forget what made them famous. i thought she would of talked about fr ted or at least dermot morgans 60 th birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

baldbear wrote: »
    Pauline mcglynn on now. i Hate the way people forget what made them famous. i thought she would of talked about fr ted or at least dermot morgans 60 th birthday.
    She refused to appear on the Fr. Ted documentary that Channel 4 did a few years back. I know that she doesn't want to be associated with it any more, but I thought it showed a lack of respect to Dermot Morgan and to the show that essentially made her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭baldbear

BaZmO* wrote: »
    baldbear wrote: »
    She refused to appear on the Fr. Ted documentary that Channel 4 did a few years back. I know that she doesn't want to be associated with it any more, but I thought it showed a lack of respect to Dermot Morgan and to the show that essentially made her.
    yeah i have the same opinion. everyone else made a effort and she stropped. fairly sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

most celebs these days forget were they came from its terrible she wont even talk about fr ted thats what made her

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Oh marvellous, a full week of Darcy talking about running...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Its brilliant, encouraging people to exercise. It's on in Limerick today so we should get a Gary Kirwan update too!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Whatever anybody here's has against Ray & his show, how can you say anything bad about his 5k programs???? I don't see what is bad about encouraging people to get up off the couch and get fit and healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Whatever anybody here's has against Ray & his show, how can you say anything bad about his 5k programs???? I don't see what is bad about encouraging people to get up off the couch and get fit and healthy.
    His holier than thou attitude in regards excercise is annoying as hell. You run, you cycle, congratulations. You dont need to constantly go on about it. People arent stupid, they know excercise is good for them and dont need you telling them so.

Glad I'm off this week so probably wont hear a word of it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,464 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    His holier than thou attitude in regards excercise is annoying as hell. You run, you cycle, congratulations. You dont need to constantly go on about it. People arent stupid, they know excercise is good for them and dont need you telling them so.

Glad I'm off this week so probably wont hear a word of it. :D

jesus christ, theres no pleasing some people..... :rolleyes:

the guy should be highly congratulated for his efforts to get people off their arses with the 'couch to 5k' initiative....

if youve a problem with this, air it......... .as they say... shut up or put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

sydthebeat wrote: »
    jesus christ, theres no pleasing some people..... :rolleyes:

the guy should be highly congratulated for his efforts to get people off their arses with the 'couch to 5k' initiative....

if youve a problem with this, air it......... .as they say... shut up or put up.

Fair enough if it's just for the week that the 5k runs are on but with D'arcy its practically everyday that he mentions how he ran to work or cycled to work and how it's great and free and blahblahblah. He bangs on about it like he's the only person to every do it and he does have a slightly superior opinion of himself because of it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Some people need a bit of motivation to get into exercise. Its not as easy as someone saying: "I need to get fit, up I get now and run 5k" Its about a support network, wherever you find it and seeing that 5000 people this week have found through Ray I say fair play to him for doing it.

Here's an idea, save yourself the headwreck and change the radio station

• Registered Users Posts: 39,801 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus he's talking ****e this morning. And doing an item on sports bras which is a visual thing on a non visual medium is Pointless.The story about the girl who had that balls up with the liver transplant though was a nice feel good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus he's talking ****e this morning. And doing an item on sports bras which is a visual thing on a non visual medium is Pointless.The story about the girl who had that balls up with the liver transplant though was a nice feel good story.

Exactly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've nothing against Ray's 5k initiative, think it's great in fact, help get more people motivated etc. But 5 shows in a row almost dedicated solely to the item is a bit grating. That's the only issue I have.

The Kanyu Tree's cover of Bloodbuzz Ohio was epic. If anyone has the facility to record a stream from the net, please go to the listen back and get it. And then send it to me. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

D'Arcy with Delamere discussing Running .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

D'Arcy with Delamere discussing Running .....

throw in Des Bishop regaling us with jokes of how us Irish are funny when it comes to online dating, and you have yourself a nightmare show :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

you can add in Mairead Farrell fake laughing at Andrew Maxwell to top off your nightmare show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Mairead Farrell fake laughs at everything that anyone on the show says, even when shes not on air you can hear her in the background.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement