Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I was thinking to myself this morning, wow the music is soooo much better today on Darcy. Then I realised it was KC and Bob covering for him. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

Fantastic...KC is playing a great mix of music today! We will have a week of not having to listen to the same old tunes being been spun by Ray for a whole week!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

robo wrote: »
    Fantastic...KC is playing a great mix of music today! We will have a week of not having to listen to the same old tunes being been spun by Ray for a whole week!

Great music and so refreshing to not hear sighing, pontificating and interrupting. The one or two times KC did interrupt an interviewee, he apologised for cutting across them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

smaoifs wrote: »
    Great music and so refreshing to not hear sighing, pontificating and interrupting. The one or two times KC did interrupt an interviewee, he apologised for cutting across them.

KC is great. Refreshing is a good choice of word..

I found one story funny this morning.

They had their last 5K on Friday in Pheonix Park, but weren't on air. Will decided to take part.

Mairead told the story that Will was running a bit late for it, so he got dressed up in the running gear and asked the wife to drive him in to the park. He wasn't sure where the starting point was, so they just drove and had a look.

Will saw a crowd of people and told the wife to let him out. He ran over excitedly in his running gear, only to realise the group of people were doing the stations of the cross :o

I couldn't stop laughing at it for some reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I wonder does Ray ever get embarrassed by the fact that Mairead, Will etc. always sound like they have better craic with Anton / KC when he's away. It's so obvious they enjoy themselves more. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭robo

batm!ke wrote: »
    I wonder does Ray ever get embarrassed by the fact that Mairead, Will etc. always sound like they have better craic with Anton / KC when he's away. It's so obvious they enjoy themselves more. :pac:

Yeh they kind of sound more relaxed!
    Still loving the music that KC is playing! Great choice of yunes...love Albert Niland's version of Wuthering Heights!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

robo wrote: »
    Still loving the music that KC is playing! Great choice of yunes...love Albert Niland's version of Wuthering Heights!
    In fairness though, Ray used to play that all the time. In fact, he's the only DJ that I've heard play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

KC read one of those "I have tears here in the kitchen" texts yesterday however if Ray had read it out I think its fair to say the comments on this thread would have been less than complimentary, interesting changes of behaviour by contributors

JM Skipton wrote: »
    KC read one of those "I have tears here in the kitchen" texts yesterday however if Ray had read it out I think its fair to say the comments on this thread would have been less than complimentary, interesting changes of behaviour by contributors

What point are you trying to make?

Posters here have said (myself included) that the "I'm in tears" texts are ridiculous, and should be cut out by the production team. One specific text is rarely the subject of discussion here.

Maybe the overall better presentation of the show by KC has allowed us grumpy posters to not pull KC up on a text that was handed to him by a member of a production team on a show that he is filling in on..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I agree the music is GREAT, but I don't think KC would be able for tougher stuff in the long run. He has this cheeky chappy persona and I don't think that if it came to stories about politics, healthcare, rape, abortion etc that he could carry it. IMO. Have enjoyed it during the easter hols, but looking forward to having Ray back next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

What point are you trying to make?

Posters here have said (myself included) that the "I'm in tears" texts are ridiculous, and should be cut out by the production team. One specific text is rarely the subject of discussion here.

Maybe the overall better presentation of the show by KC has allowed us grumpy posters to not pull KC up on a text that was handed to him by a member of a production team on a show that he is filling in on..

There is a lot about the show I don't particularly like including the "in tears" stuff and Mairead laughing at the same three comedians every 3 weeks however I do think Ray gets a bit of a hard time which gets highlighted when Anton or KC take over and all of a sudden its the best Radio show that has ever been produced

JM Skipton wrote: »
    There is a lot about the show I don't particularly like including the "in tears" stuff and Mairead laughing at the same three comedians every 3 weeks however I do think Ray gets a bit of a hard time which gets highlighted when Anton or KC take over and all of a sudden its the best Radio show that has ever been produced

I don't think anyone is saying that either.

They are much fresher. There is no point me listing all the dislikes about Rays style, as they are done to death in the thread. The positives far outweigh the negatives for me where KC and Anton are concerned, where the opposite is true for the show with Ray Darcy.

KC, lay off "Black Hole Sun", you play it every feckin time you are on the radio :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

I don't think anyone is saying that either.

They are much fresher. There is no point me listing all the dislikes about Rays style, as they are done to death in the thread. The positives far outweigh the negatives for me where KC and Anton are concerned, where the opposite is true for the show with Ray Darcy.

KC, lay off "Black Hole Sun", you play it every feckin time you are on the radio :D

Any chance you could fill in for Ray next time he's off? You seem to know what you're talking about in fairness.

Paracore wrote: »
    Any chance you could fill in for Ray next time he's off? You seem to know what you're talking about in fairness.

What ever happened to addressing the post rather than the poster .... yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

I still dont get why you listen to the show if you hate is so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

We really should put an FAQ section in post #1...

People listen and then complain because:
    a) Communal radio in a workplace.
    b) No viable alternative in that timeslot.
    c) Used to love the show, now feel it's declining.
    d) Still love the show, but get annoyed with aspects of D'Arcy's style.

There're more, but I'm lazy.

Is it not better to have people constructively criticising the show rather than an entire thread of people celebrating "the wonder that is Ray D'Arcy"?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Must say, I enjoyed KC this week. I've never listened to him on his own show but when he fills in for other presenters he does a great job. Seems like a genuinely nice fella too.

What ever happened to addressing the post rather than the poster .... yawn.

No I'm being serious even if you could start off with a few days first it could lead to great things for you.

Haters gona hate...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hardcore., get back on track. Comments on other posters will earn you a ban from the forums.
    Sorry, that should read Paracore . Predictive text is unreliable .

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    Hardcore., get back on track. Comments on other posters will earn you a ban from the forums.
    Sorry, that should read Paracore . Predictive text is unreliable .

I'm being seriously he should give it a go. Surely he could be no worse than D'Arcy could he?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Listened to the first two hours of the show this morning and the odd one out quiz had people addicted to coffee.

The judgement from Ray and the holier than thou attitude that people drank a lot of coffee was bloody irritating.

Also the music was significantly shíte today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Secondhanddress

Does anyone else get annoyed at Ray's use of profanity? Don't mean to sound like an aul wan but how does he get away with it? It's against basic radio policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Does anyone else get annoyed at Ray's use of profanity? Don't mean to sound like an aul wan but how does he get away with it? It's against basic radio policy.

Can't say I've ever noticed it... although I've rarely listened in the past few months tbh. Only example I can think of was when he told the rubberbandits to fúck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Jerry Seinfeld on (pre-recorded) Ray D'Arcy, love that man!

Edit: Strange interview, still found it funny as I've seen Seinfeld being deadpan like that in interviews before, but Ray didn't seem to know how to handle it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

batm!ke wrote: »
    Jerry Seinfeld on (pre-recorded) Ray D'Arcy, love that man!

Edit: Strange interview, still found it funny as I've seen Seinfeld being deadpan like that in interviews before, but Ray didn't seem to know how to handle it!

Bet he called him "Seinfield". :rolleyes: Anyway, D'arcy is a very poor interviewer as we all know.

Mod Edit. Insulting namepun changed.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Bet he called him "Seinfield". :rolleyes: Anyway, D'arcy is a very poor interviewer as we all know.

No, he didn't call him that. He mentioned how Pat Kenny called him that alright.

Strange interview alright.. I found it quite funny when they were talking about all of the bad interviewees in the past, including Steve Martin, Ray LaMontagne and Macy Gray. They should repeat the worst parts of those interviews for the laugh.

el diablo wrote: »
    Bet he called him "Seinfield". :rolleyes: Anyway, D'arsey is a very poor interviewer as we all know.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha how in the name of the Lord above did you possibly come up with that gem? It must have taken you ages but my God man you must be proud of it. Tip of the cap to you :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha how in the name of the Lord above did you possibly come up with that gem? It must have taken you ages but my God man you must be proud of it. Tip of the cap to you :pac:
    Lets try keep this about the show folks, I care not how intelligent you all think each others jokes/puns are. If you have nothing to say about the show, don't say it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Thanks. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement