Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Worlds

Options
  • 11-05-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Just checked on GameSpot and this game will be coming out soon. From what I gather it's another Oblivion/Gothic type RPG with a huge world (35 square km) and loads of side quests and stuff.

What makes it interesting is that it will also have multiplayer and for those of us with Vista (maybe 2 or 3 of us), you'll be able to play against xBox360 players too.

Here's the page on Gamespot: linky

Here's a video of one of the motion capture pieces: linky

Here's the xBox360 trailer: linky

And here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head: linky

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

humanji wrote:
    What makes it interesting is that it will also have multiplayer and for those of us with Vista (maybe 2 or 3 of us), you'll be able to play against xBox360 players too.

This is something that i've looked forward to since the whole "Games for Windows" thing was brought out. Cross platform games will, hopefully, become the standard for big-name online games. Would actually make me consider getting Vista.

As for the game itself, i'll have a look when i get home (damn work proxy!!). But anything like Oblivion, with online play, sounds good.

Also, does the bunny come with the game? Or just the pancake?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kiith wrote:
    Also, does the bunny come with the game? Or just the pancake?

Depends if you get the Collectors Edition.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm not sure that bunny shot was in-game though, so it doesn't count.

Looks like a good game but I hope to God it doesn't have that difficulty scaling thing Oblivion had. That ruined an otherwise awesome game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

There's a massive interview with the head honcho on IGN.

-No scaling difficulty.
    -Monsters don't respawn. Ever.
    -Doesn't appear to have cross platform gaming. Cos the guy said the Pc world always exists, but the 360 one needs the leader to be present.

Looks great, can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Really disappointed with this,

It's nothing compared to oblivion imo,

I like knocking mobs over with my horsey but thats about it.

Had really high hopes for it but uninstalling it as we speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Did you get the Bunny at least?

Not sure what WellyJ's talking about, I think it's great. IMO it plays better than Oblivion.

Combat feels more realistic and with the motion captured movements, looks really well too. There's loads of weapons and they can be easily upgraded with various crystal, giving them extra cold damage or fire damage for example. And with the massive array of weapons and armour, you can spend ages just trying to decide what works best for you.

The magic system takes a little getting used to as you have 3 slots in which to place 3 spells (you can change them at anytime as the game pauses when you go into your inventory), and you have quite a large array of spells from 5 schools of magic, to choose from. Plus, you can get upgrades for the spells too. So far, the offensive spells have been bugger all use to me, but there are buff spells that do things like increasing you health or your damage etc.

There's alchemy in it too, which I like a lot better than Oblivion, but only really because it's more simplified. You can pick up herbs and forage from animals to get your ingredients, and just like Oblivion, each ingredient does different things. You then choose between 1 and 5 ingredients, click the magic mixing button and you have your potion, which you can name and save in a recipe book. It's handy at times, and I feel you use it more than you did in Oblivion.

The map is huge, much bigger than Oblivions, and it feels like it. It's sculpted brilliantly and looks great. There's loads to see and do and it's covered with beasties to kick the crap out of. Although, there is one serious flaw with the game in regards to the monsters you meet. Most of them you can take on easily enough, but when you come across something like a bear, one hit from it and your dead. The same goes with some archers that you might come across. I'm sure as you progress, you'll become stronger and take more damage, but at the start, you find yourself running away a lot.

Another bad point to it is the dialogue. There's nothing really wrong with what is said, but the voice acting sounds like a badly dubbed Japanese film. Sometimes it's just bad and other times it's hilarious, but you grow used to it, I suppose.

Sorry to keep comparing it to Oblivion, but it's the nearest point of reference that people will recognise. I'm sure there'll be a demo at some point, so you'd be cheating yourself if you didn't at least give it a whirl.

I give it a rating of 4 out of 5 nights sleep missed because I'm playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Does it feel polished? Alot of games of this size suffer the patch later problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What about the Bunny!?

But yes, this sounds interesting, I will try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Theres 2 patches out for it already i think so fairly unpolished thus far.

From what people are saying its a bit like marmite!

• Advertisement

It feels more polished than most games that have been relesed lately. I've not had any crashes and the only glitch I've had was when I wasn't paying attention and ran my horse into a building, only to have him get stuck, but since it's easy enough to steal a new one, I wasn't that bothered.

There's a few load times, but noting more than a couple of seconds. Actually one problem that I have noticed is that there's no perma-death. When you die, you simply reappear at a resurrection shrine thingy, like you do in MMORPG's and I'm not sure if you suffer any penalties (my manual is in german :( ).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Youtube isnt the home of the discerning gamer to be fair, but Ive seen nothing but negative comments relating to the game attached to the videos. I'll check out the demo, but its not looking too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

What is the mulitplayer like??? this is what its all about for me, single player RPG's bore me these days.

Advertisement