Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polls

Options
  • 11-05-2007 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Has anyone ever been part of these polls or even know anyone that has?

Im rather dubious of them I must admit.

Im not so much doubting the outcome just who they actually target, i certainly never have been or anyone I know, and from talking to work colleagues and friends, they are in the same position!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Never took part in one and don't know anyone who has either. At least no one who has admitted to it me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Same here, or anyone one else I know for that matter

Swiss a former mod of here was on one down in waterford and posted here about it iirc.

Polls are good indicators of the bigger parties support as every constituency has one or two td's from them and plenty of supporters-ergo a national cross section of 1000 or so can pick up on trend re them.
    Where it is complicated is if a party is on 6% nationally(or even 2% ;)) a national survey is next to no use as their support is centred in particular constituencies and a random national selection might have used no one from the few areas that they are strong/have a t.d..Or they might have found an actual supporter of one of the big 2 in that constituency.

Do you get me ?

did one yesterday morning, a guy called to the door and asked for my first 5 nominations. And also which party I would prefer to see in charge.

took all of 45 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

did one yesterday morning, a guy called to the door and asked for my first 5 nominations. And also which party I would prefer to see in charge.

took all of 45 seconds.

You sure that wasn't a canvass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

MRBI called to my brothers house yesterday doing a political poll, asking who he voted for last time and who he was going to vote for this time and whether he was happy each leader of the parties etc. He said they knocked every door in the estate.

Advertisement