Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christian Solidarity Party

Options
  • 11-05-2007 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Seen some posters for these jokers. From what I can see, these are mainly a single issue party, and that single issue being the one thing that they could know absolutely nothing about - i.e unwanted pregnancy and abortion.

These guys seem to know very little about real life, but can still arrogantly preach to one and all things they know nothing about. Everything is so black and white with these guys - grey doesn't seem to exist.

I couldn't believe the protests outside the four courts the other day - as if this poor girl hasn't been through enough already. These pro lifers are scary people.

Pro life - you wouldn't think so looking at the posters of these guys. As Bill Hicks said "If you're so pro-life, do me a favour: don't lock arms and block medical clinics. If you're so pro-life, lock arms and block cemeteries."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

From what I've seen the class everyone with a viewpoint other than theirs as "liberal" and have some kind of fear that "liberalism" threatens their Christian values. They seem very confused. I believe in some of their literature they claimed liberalism was concerned with lining the pockets of the establishment. What!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senator

This party, SPUC and other so-called pro-lifers promised to provide loads of facilities and advice and assistance to girls with unwanted pregnancies IF the last Abortion Referendum was rejected. It was, and these people then disappeared and only come out again when some poor girl is in trouble and wants to go to Britain. They are basically moral fascists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

shower of mucking fuppets tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

if anything their cadidates are a good advertisement for abortion. They look like the by products of inter-family relations

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

At least they are clear on their views, unlike many mainstream parties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Just because you disagree with their view doesn't make them muppets.....

LOL, sorry, couldn't keep that up, you're all right, Total and Utter nutjobs the lot of them Pro-Lifers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

At least they are clear on their views, unlike many mainstream parties

Hitler was very clear on his views too - I wouldn't be too keen on giving him any power though.
    Basically, I'm saying you're argument is not an argument - it kind of fell apart when you started with "at least"

'Moral fascists' is a perfect description for these guys. Nut jobs would push it close too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Money Shot wrote:
    Hitler was very clear on his views too - I wouldn't be too keen on giving him any power though.
    Basically, I'm saying you're argument is not an argument - it kind of fell apart when you started with "at least"

'Moral fascists' is a perfect description for these guys. Nut jobs would push it close too.

Wow! Only 8 posts required for Godwins law to occur. Has to be a record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

Wow! Only 8 posts required for Godwins law to occur. Has to be a record.

Was always going to happen when talking about the Christian Solidarity party. However, as I'm sure you are aware, "Godwin's Law can itself also be abused, as a distraction or diversion, to fallaciously miscast an opponent's argument as hyperbole, especially if the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate."

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

They express an extreme view on society that is steadfastly held by an ever diminishing minority in this country. They will fail to even get 1% of total first preferance votes - but that will not discourage those that support them or make such people any less commited to and / or vocal about their views.

In short: whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senator

Money Shot wrote:
    Nut jobs would push it close too.

I'm sure they are quite sincere in what they believe and therefore I personally would not denigrate their moral opinions per se or their right to hold them and express them freely in a modern liberal republican democracy.

I would, however, ask them and some of the other zealots in the self-styled "pro-life" camp (and I've yet to meet anyone who is anti-life) to moderate their language and tactics, to respect the right of others to hold and express differing (and equally moral) views and to be free to legally conduct their lives in accordance with the same, and to themselves (i.e. the pro-lifers) live upto the most solemn-sounding undertakings they gave before the last Abortion Referendum, viz provision of support, comfort etc. to girls and women in crisis pregnancies. Where is it ? We have seemingly heard no more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Oirthir wrote:
    LOL, sorry, couldn't keep that up, you're all right, Total and Utter nutjobs the lot of them Pro-Lifers.
    I would be pro-life, and am not a nutjob. Well, not for that reason. Please don't tar all pro-life people with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

I would be pro-life, and am not a nutjob. Well, not for that reason. Please don't tar all pro-life people with the same brush.

Apologies, I meant to imply that the seriously far out of whack pro-lifers, (eg Youth Defence) are nutjobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Actually in the latest Oxford English Dictionary, when you look up the world 'NutJob' you just have a URL for the Youth Defence website :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

They(CSP) are a bunch of nutters. Like the Shinners, they are stuck in a time warp. They bost old fashioned view IMO. I am going to contradict the party I support(though I not a member) and say that I am firmly Pro-choice. However I know that you cant have a free for all. I wouldnt be in favour in the laws on abortion being as relaxed as they are across the pond. But I most definately think that that poor young woman (Miss D) shouldnt have to go across the pond to have an abortion. I think that for those in similar situations as she was it should be perfectly legal for a woman to have an abortion in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭SeanW

I'm not normally a fan of abortion, but FFS what the hell did the people getting in Miss Ds way hope to accomplish? The baby was too badly deformed to be viable, and from what I've heard, its condition was so badly deformed that carrying it placed the mothers life in some degree of jeopary but I could be wrong.

Once Miss D decided she needed to go the U.K. for an abortion, a circumstance and decision which in and of itself must have been heartwrenching, that should have been the end of it.

Advertisement