Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router with a data card slot?

Options
  • 11-05-2007 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Have a question i hope you guys can help me with. My company has 2 sites that are currently linked with a leased line Site A and Site B. Site A is our main base and has the internet connection and site B is connected to Site B via a leased line.

Site A's network contains the databases etc the guys in B work on day to day and it is critical the link is maintained. Site B is in an area with no wireless or broadband coverage unfortunately so the leased line is the only link to the world.

If the line goes down site B is paralyzed - I want to have some redundancy set up here and i was wondering what kind of gear is available to help me. I was thinking of perhaps some kind of router with a data pcmcia card so it can use the mobile phone network for a connection but i cant seem to find anything of this nature.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Something like this perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Thats pretty much what i wanted - you've set me on the right road now i have a linksys model.

Thanks a bunch :)

Advertisement