Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Total GPS NooB could do with some help

• 11-05-2007 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was given what looks like a fairly cheap GPS unit as a gift. It works fine and I've used it around Dublin and Cork and the only road I've noticed as missing is the new toll motorway outside Fermoy. Also there are no RoI points of interest.

Problem is there doen't seem to be a manufacturer name on it anywhere and I'd like to see if there are more up to date maps available.

All I can tell you is it's Microsoft Windows CE.Net 4.2 powered, and when you start the navigation function I think it says Tele Atlas (which isn't good from what I hear). It's got and SD slot. In Dublin at the moment but left the manual in Cork. I can ring down to try get more info from it if required.

Now as the title states I'm a total GPS Noob and I'm not sure how the unit works at all and how compatible other GPS software is.

I know I'm not phrasing all of this very well. Basically I'm looking for advice on how to get the most I possibly can out of this unit. Given that I got the unit for free I'm prepard to spend on buying brand new software if that's an option.

I've attached a pic of the box it came in.

Thanks in advance and look forwrd to hearing from yawl.

Advertisement