Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jealous girlfriend thread in PI

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

rediguana wrote:
    The issue is people being banned. It's not your post per se. You can stop blowing yourself now.

Actually the issue the thread was started about was not the banning of people but Anti's post.

Now you want to contest your ban or the banning in that thread start a new thead in feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Anti wrote:
    Oh well look at me and my own thread in feedback.....

Laaa de daaaa ect ect.

Yeah, i suppose im sorry about that post. But what i said was true, She seems like a bloody nutjob. Yes i could have put it better in a nice long post and added cute fulffy kittens. But FFS Do you want me to start picking apart her post just to show shes a fecking loony? Coz i will... Im mad like that me.

What part are you not seeing as helpfull horse? That fact that she needs help...like omg seriously.

FFS, people don't need to go see a shrink for every crazy thought or thing they do. If that was the case most of us would be in councelling. Some helpful advice from posters with experience of this issue advising her how to deal with her jealousy is all that was needed. If you had no helpful advice you shouldn't have bothered replying.

seastar wrote:
    Anti wrote:
    She seems like a bloody nutjob. Yes i could have put it better in a nice long post and added cute fulffy kittens. But FFS Do you want me to start picking apart her post just to show shes a fecking loony? QUOTE]

again, condescending and insulting

This is not the Personal Issues forum and No one here is bound by the code of conduct for the Personal Issue forum while posting here.

Why didn't you warn him on the thread, or state that you had warned him? It would have saved all this crap. And why did you warn him if you thought his comment was ok?
    What crap?
    Anti was being kind in a non vindictive but cruel way.
    Just because he hammered home the point he made doesnt mean he's advocating hitting the op on the head with a hammer...
    Ananolgies are common acceptable parlance in this context.
    Expletetives/direct insults are not.

Good call by Thaed tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Thaedydal wrote:
    Actually the issue the thread was started about was not the banning of people but Anti's post.

Now you want to contest your ban or the banning in that thread start a new thead in feedback.

I don't want to contest anything, I told you the ban suited me ;)

The spirit of the law is sacrificed to the letter of it. I don't think anyone can deny this.

With advice like Anti's, who needs abuse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

6th wrote:
    The is no "Big Picture", no great conspiracey. People were warned and banned. Did anyone report Anti's post or did they just comment on it?

Plenty of reports but I see Thaed has already explained that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭seastar

I quoted it as I feel it shows the sentiment behind 'get your head examined' was not a nice one to go get help, rather that she is a 'nutjob'!

Tristrame wrote:
    Good call by Thaed tbh.

Funny how the only people who agree with Thaedydal are mods.

rediguana wrote:
    I don't want to contest anything, I told you the ban suited me ;)

The spirit of the law is sacrificed to the letter of it. I don't think anyone can deny this.

With advice like Anti's, who needs abuse?

When my ban is lifted in one weeks time, at least I know I can tell all the nutjobs to get their head examined without fear of a ban :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Mods are cleverer than normal users you fool. Of course we're gonna agree with common sense. Pighead thinks the real issue here is that you want to be a mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yet some mods disagree! Me! When are people going to realise that there is no mod conspiracy :rolleyes:

I feel that if Anti was warned by PM (as he implies) then Thaed cannot stand up here and keep defending her actions and saying it didn't justify a warning.

Thaedydal, can you clear this one up please? Major contradiction here. :confused:

If he was warned, then a warning on thread would have been a far better idea seeing as how everyone else gets warned on thread with the usual "Unhelpfuland off-topic...blah, blah" message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Shiva wrote:
    And anyone who disregarded that was, I agree, rightfully censured.

The point is though...the original post from Anti was condescending and rude.
    Reading the PI charter, we see the following -

"Any advice given should be mature, constructive and non-abusive. Opinions are welcome. Ridicule and nastiness are not."

We're not debating the OP's issue here, in Feedback...we're talking about the moderation. Yes, the OP has a problem, possibly a serious one, and it should be addressed. It may even need the help of a professional. But telling her to get her head examined is not the "mature, constructive and non-abusive" way to suggest she seek help.

Whoa there now bosco, hold your horses...

I was not "abusive" if i called her her a **** it would have been.
    I did not "ridicule" her. If i added Hahahaha ya fecking eejit ya, at the end of my post it would have been.
    I was not "nasty" i was just straight to the point

maybe we have a bit of experience.

Many many people on here feel you were nasty and that you did ridicule her

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

And what does that tell you?

There are two likely responses: (i) There's a moderator conspiracy against all 'regular posters'. Or, (ii) the moderators recognise this sort of judgement call from their own, previous decisions on the likes of this.

Edit: touché, Trist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Who let all the cry babies out today? Come on lads, it's Friday!

Anti could have had some tact, sure, but you see he's Welsh. Infact, questioning his non-tactfulness is actually an insult to Welsh people and I find it highly offensive, me.

The OP of that thread has serious isssues.
    Bush_Pointing_at_Head.jpg

and Anti's comment was a helpful one IMO.

As the old Welsh saying goes:
    Three things it is best to avoid: a strange dog, a flood, and a man who thinks he is wise.

Tristrame wrote:

Experience of what? I have experience of real life and Anti's comment was out of line, as many others agree. With 10,000+ posts perhaps Thaedydal is spending too much time on front of a computer screen and is out of touch with people's feelings.

And what does that tell you?

There are two likely responses: (i) There's a moderator conspiracy against all 'regular posters'. Or, (ii) the moderators recognise this sort of judgement call from their own, previous decisions on the likes of this.

Edit: touché, Trist.

Option (iii) Other mods recognise that they all makes mistakes while moderating and are backing up one of their own

r3nu4l wrote:
    I feel that if Anti was warned by PM (as he implies) then Thaed cannot stand up here and keep defending her actions and saying it didn't justify a warning.
    In fairness, a mod can warn in thread,in pm or just ban, it's their perogative.They can use all three in the one thread on different users.
    They don't have to announce to the rest of the users that their first modding action was via pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Why didn't you warn him on the thread, or state that you had warned him? It would have saved all this crap. And why did you warn him if you thought his comment was ok?

A public flogging perhaps?

Seriously I've been warned via pm a couple of times (actually more than a couple).

If people have a problem with a post report it or shut the fúck up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

rediguana wrote:
    You can stop blowing yourself now.

lol

As for Anti...how on earth can u say you didnt ridicule the poster?? Just be the bigger man/woman and admit you were wrong. We can argue semantics all we like, but it was a rubbish thing to say to somebody. If you believe they genuinely need professional help, then being rough with them is even more reprehensible

6th wrote:
    A public flogging perhaps?

Seriously I've been warned via pm a couple of times (actually more than a couple).

If people have a problem with a post report it or shut the fúck up.

You were not saying thay when you were in here whinging about banned a while back.

r3nu4l wrote:
    Yet some mods disagree! Me! When are people going to realise that there is no mod conspiracy :rolleyes:

Thaedydal, can you clear this one up please? Major contradiction here. :confused:

If he was warned, then a warning on thread would have been a far better idea seeing as how everyone else gets warned on thread with the usual "Unhelpfuland off-topic...blah, blah" message.

I did not see Anti's post as unhelpful ergo I did not use my 'niceday' button on him. I did ask that he should considering being more tactfull in future.
    It was a request and a warning that if his posts should became more tactless he would be banned for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Tristrame wrote:

The thing was called wrong. That's why it has spawned this impressively pullulating feedback thread.

Some humility from the moderators would've appeased people long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

biko wrote:
    Kell's on the other hand was constructive

Thats because today I am not being a cúnt. Whateverhisface could have dressed up what he said in cotton wool, but he didnt. Thats does not mean to say he did not have a valid point.

All complainants about his post, listen up. If you're out with a mate having some pints and you admit to said mate that you are a posessive, jealous, insance moany twát and you explain why, your mate is going to turn to you and tell you to cop the fúck on and get your head read.

Your "mate" would tell you this, yet when a complete stranger who is under no compunction to be nice or PC says it, everyone gets in a huff.

Sheesh- political correctiscism.
    is out of touch with people's feelings.

Bollíx to that. Some feelings should not be given any radio play at all. Jealousy is one of them.

K-

Pighead wrote:
    Mods are cleverer than normal users you fool. Of course we're gonna agree with common sense. Pighead thinks the real issue here is that you want to be a mod.

Dammit Pighead, you've outted me ya dirty pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Not me, so thats your conspiracey gone to fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When my ban is lifted in one weeks time, at least I know I can tell all the nutjobs to get their head examined without fear of a ban :-)
    It's the new buzzword in PI "Seriously, you need to get your head examined*."

* Not medical advice.

rediguana wrote:
    The thing was called wrong. That's why it has spawned this impressively pullulating feedback thread.
    my experience tells me it has more to do with it being friday and it's raining outside.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

seastar wrote:
    Option (iii) Other mods recognise that they all makes mistakes while moderating and are backing up one of their own
    It's a nice thought, but none of the mods on boards are "my own". Maybe someday I'll own them, but until then, they have the autonomy to act on their own behalf.

What a quaint little argument that was, though. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement