Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jealous girlfriend thread in PI

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

tallaght01 wrote:
    lol

As for Anti...how on earth can u say you didnt ridicule the poster?? Just be the bigger man/woman and admit you were wrong. We can argue semantics all we like, but it was a rubbish thing to say to somebody. If you believe they genuinely need professional help, then being rough with them is even more reprehensible

I disagree.
    I have driven drunk friends to John of gods, been blunt and honest with people
    to the point of giving them leaflets about services they could really need with taking up to help sort themselves out for thier own sake.

The Op wanted to know if people tought it was not normal and was looking for advice about what to do and how to learn 'coping' techniques.
    Being blunt and saying getting go get yourself sorted professionally is not insulting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Kell wrote:
    All complainants about his post, listen up. If you're out with a mate having some pints and you admit to said mate that you are a posessive, jealous, insance moany twát and you explain why, your mate is going to turn to you and tell you to cop the fúck on and get your head read.

So if your friend was asking you if she should go on a diet cos she's getting a bit heavy would you say "yeah, i think you should lose some weight cos you are getting really fat"????

Thaedydal wrote:
    I disagree.
    I have driven drunk friends to John of gods, been blunt and honest with people
    to the point of giving them leaflets about services they could really need with taking up to help sort themselves out for thier own sake.

The Op wanted to know if people tought it was not normal and was looking for advice about what to do and how to learn 'coping' techniques.
    Being blunt and saying getting go get yourself sorted professionally is not insulting.
    So if your friend was asking you if she should go on a diet cos she's getting a bit heavy would you say "yeah, i think you should lose some weight cos you are getting really fat"????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Why are you referring to weight when I was referring to jealousy. No wonder you got banned for going off topic.

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Kell wrote:
    Thats because today I am not being a cúnt. Whateverhisface could have dressed up what he said in cotton wool, but he didnt. Thats does not mean to say he did not have a valid point.

All complainants about his post, listen up. If you're out with a mate having some pints and you admit to said mate that you are a posessive, jealous, insance moany twát and you explain why, your mate is going to turn to you and tell you to cop the fúck on and get your head read.

Your "mate" would tell you this, yet when a complete stranger who is under no compunction to be nice or PC says it, everyone gets in a huff.

Sheesh- political correctiscism. Bollíx to that.

K-

Don't confuse crude stupidity with incisive straight-talking. Just cos Anti comes across as an oaf doesn't mean he's some kind of sage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

You were not saying thay when you were in here whinging about banned a while back.

I report posts all the time, its a hobby.

My ban was very different to these ones in that mine wore a suit with a matching briefcase. Yours wears a silky tracksuit with cigarette burns on the sleeve.

6th wrote:
    Not me, so thats your conspiracey gone to fúck.
    I didn't say all mods agree with Thaedydal, I said the only people who agree with her/him are mods.

sometimes you have to be blunt to be kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Kell wrote:
    Why are you referring to weight when I was referring to jealousy. No wonder you got banned for going off topic.

K-
    Ah for fcuk sake, read between the fcuking lines woman*

*Not abuse, merely advice.

Kell wrote:

K-
    Cos you said "Whateverhisface could have dressed up what he said in cotton wool, but he didnt. Thats does not mean to say he did not have a valid point.". So if your friend was fat, do you think it's ok to tell them to their face that they are FAT and need to lose some weight? It's a bit insensitive, don't you agree?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

See....now its all just turning into a "Regular Users Vs Mods" debate, and that shouldn't be the case.

I know from loooooong and bitter experience irc-opping the old IOL chat server that regular users almost always use the old "Mod conspiracy" argument at some stage in their disagreements with the mods, and it just undermines their position.

I also know from that same looooong and bitter experience that mods are human, and sometimes they make a snap decision that may not be correct.
    Its human nature that a lot of the other mods would support Thaed's actions, because they've been in the situation themselves more than once I'd imagine. I know the 6 or 7 of us who ran the IOL server would almost always back each other up, even when there might have been a chance that a wrong decision was made, or when they just plain screwed-up.

To say that all the mods are ganging up and covering for Thaed is just silly, imho. Any of the mods who agree with her probably do so because, well...they just DO ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I didn't say all mods agree with Thaedydal, I said the only people who agree with her/him are mods.

But I agree and I'm not a mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

rediguana wrote:
    Don't confuse crude stupidity with incisive straight-talking.

Oh I wasnt. I still dont see how he doesnt have a point. Being nice isnt a pre-requisite for boards.

K-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

hmm a lot of people on this thread need to get a clue. This forum isn't the rant and bitch forum. People like HelterSkelter coming here arguing about the merits of some post and blah blah blah. If I wanted to read the ****e thats posted in PI I would. Now nothing is about to be changed as a result of this thread.

Tristrame wrote:
    sometimes you have to be blunt to be kind.

That's bollix, what about the thread where a guy was concerned cos his gf was putting on weight. I wonder if all the people who are saying you have to be blunt to be kind would agree with him saying "here love, you're piling on the pounds and I don't like it. You look ugly and I'm not attracted to you anymore. You should join the gym or i'm gonna dump you".

Right I have just approved another post by the OP of that thread.
    For those that are posting here and who are currently banned from PI I will quote it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53222986&postcount=28
    Old Today, 12:37 #28 jealousgf

Anti's post
    As far as I'm concerned, Anti was stating his opinion, and while I don't agree with it I don't take it as an insult. I'm an intelligent, reasonably mentally stable adult and I'm not going to break simply because someone calls me a lunatic. I came here to look for opinions and advice, now I'm not obliged to agree with anyone's opinion or adhere to their advice but I'd still like to hear them and whether people like it or not Anti's entitled to his. For the sake of the mod's and because I'd prefer not to see this thread locked within 24 hours of it's creation, please don't post any more about it. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭seastar

Boston wrote:
    hmm a lot of people on this thread need to get a clue. This forum isn't the rant and bitch forum. People like HelterSkelter coming here arguing about the merits of some post and blah blah blah. If I wanted to read the ****e thats posted in PI I would. Now nothing is about to be changed as a result of this thread.

As far as I was aware, this is the feedback forum. I, and many others, are simply giving feedback to a mod

Shiva wrote:
    See....now its all just turning into a "Regular Users Vs Mods" debate, and that shouldn't be the case.

I know from loooooong and bitter experience irc-opping the old IOL chat server that regular users almost always use the old "Mod conspiracy" argument at some stage in their disagreements with the mods, and it just undermines their position.

I also know from that same looooong and bitter experience that mods are human, and sometimes they make a snap decision that may not be correct.
    Its human nature that a lot of the other mods would support Thaed's actions, because they've been in the situation themselves more than once I'd imagine. I know the 6 or 7 of us who ran the IOL server would almost always back each other up, even when there might have been a chance that a wrong decision was made, or when they just plain screwed-up.

To say that all the mods are ganging up and covering for Thaed is just silly, imho. Any of the mods who agree with her probably do so because, well...they just DO ! :D

Looks at Shiva, where have you been hidding for all these years?

seastar wrote:
    As far as I was aware, this is the feedback forum. I, and many others, are simply giving feedback to a mod

No your not, you're recreating the orginal thread.

I sould not say really fat, I would say yes it looks like you may have put on some wiegth if you not happy about it what are you going to do about it
    and if I was asked for suggestions I would say about weightwatcher or unislim or eating better or just getting more excerise and off to go for walks with her or swiming and encourage her to do it for her own sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This thread has made my otherwise boring day :D

Being nice is important in PI (imho), not AH, TCN, et cetera. People may have serious issues and to tread lightly is good.

That's bollix, what about the thread where a guy was concerned cos his gf was putting on weight. I wonder if all the people who are saying you have to be blunt to be kind would agree with him saying "here love, you're piling on the pounds and I don't like it. You look ugly and I'm not attracted to you anymore. You should join the gym or i'm gonna dump you".
    sometimes is what I said.

Use of experience is a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Boston wrote:
    Looks at Shiva, where have you been hidding for all these years?

I was tried at a military tribunal, found guilty and exiled to a foreign land for being a fascist ircop.

What you see here now is the new, improved, rehabilitated and tolerant Shiva. ;)

Kell wrote:
    Oh I wasnt. I still dont see how he doesnt have a point. Being nice isnt a pre-requisite for boards.

K-

I really don't care about that jealous girl, or her crazy, insane feelings. I barely even read her post.

I don't have a problem with Anti being nasty as much as I take issue with him being a moron. His subsequent posts have only confirmed this view.

Final word from me - a lot of stupid bans are handed out. They demean the relevant moderators.

Have a nice day ;)

ps. Except you, Anti.

I give up! Later people. See you in one week Thaedydal, ya bleedin' nutjob!

rediguana wrote:
    Final word from me - a lot of stupid bans are handed out. They demean the relevant moderators

Have a nice day ;)

ps. Except you, Anti.

You know what, screw this, Admins I formally request to be made a morderator of PI in about 4 weeks time. You people want to see meaningless bans and biased behaviour, grand. You'll be begging for thead to step in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

TheHost wrote:
    Thaedydal is over the top. He's banning anyone who dares to criticise the original insult to the OP.

I made one comment that was critical of the insult; if the insult was on topic so was my reply.

I made a further wholly constructive query of the OP to examine her issue.

Now I'm banned for all this? Boards.ie is too high and mighty sometimes. Since I got banned at least one other is gone.

Are we playing last one standing, Mr Thaedydal?
    :(

I also heard she is taking modding enhancing drugs... :eek:

Boston wrote:
    You know what, screw this, Admins I formally request to be made a morderator of PI in about 4 weeks time. You people want to see meaningless bans and biased behaviour, grand. You'll be begging for thead to step in.

Does it take a full four weeks to process a mod application? Standard must be high.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Lol... That would almost be funny enough to do, Boston! But um, no.

DeV.

• Advertisement

No.
    But Boston must finish his exams.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement