Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jealous girlfriend thread in PI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

if you look he isnt a mod of pi ,he co=mods one of the computer forums, and in all fairness, all the mods of those things are unstable!!!!!

and everyone is going on in here as if mods are doing a job, its not a job they give their time off their own backs, so stop taking life so seriously.....

Anti has been banned from PI so lets all just chill out, the world is safe from his "abusive and degrading" post

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

TheHost wrote:
    Yup, moderators abuse their position. 1 law for us, another for them. Fact.

Prove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

TheHost wrote:
    There's more of it from Anti. Abusive of the PO. FFS & "fecking loony" aren't mature helpful comments.

Anti should not be a moderator, especially if self-expressed as unstable.

Tell ya what, if ya dont like the way i post put me on ignore. And if you want me taken from being a mod. G'luck with that one bosco.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

TheHost wrote:
    I abuse my position as often as possible...and of course, by "position" I mean "penis". I'm a real wanker altogether :D

/Off-topic (like we aren't already!) this isn;t a duplicate account for FXMeister is it? This bit -->"Fact", makes me wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Anti wrote:
    Tell ya what, if ya dont like the way i post put me on ignore. And if you want me taken from being a mod. G'luck with that one bosco.

Welsh eh ?

sheep_pot_noodle.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm sure we have resolved everything in a timely fashion.

Let's placate ourselves with funny animal pics.

81c811f0c106475b89b73bbe4dc29fbc.jpg

animal_funny8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

6th wrote:
    Anti was spot on though he could have said it better. She gets jealous when he even sees female members of his family ... there is something up there.

Too many people were commenting on Anti's post and not the actual topic. Thaedyal gave a warning that off topic posting would result in a ban.

All seems in order.

Could Anti's post not have been removed or amended. Some decent people got bans for what looked like one Mod covering up for another Mods insensitive posting. Please reisntate those people banned and remove the provacative post from Anti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No.

People were banned for posting off topic,
    they should have reported the post and not posted in the thread about it.

There was another banning this morning of a poster doing just that,
    it is not the mods fault if they break the rules by posting of topic and try disscuss the moteration of the thread or forum with in the forum.

These are the rules plain and clear and if they break them they get banned.
    There have been a whole new crop of posters come to post in PI and clearly they don't know how it works or don't care.

If they had of reported the post or came and posted here ( which is the proceedure ) none of them would be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭PinkPrincess26

Kell wrote:
    Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Look, because you obviously cant read other than what you want to, you'll see that under my avatar, I have been round here for the last five years. Had I wanted Mod'ship I would have asked many mod's in the REAL WORLD (TM) over a drink. This is assuming of course, I wanted to be a mod.

Now, please take your ill-informed opinion, turn it sideways and shove it up your rear. Oh, and have a nice day.

Pity there isnt a filter that decides who can and cant join boards.

I agree maybe you wouldnt be here 5 years later......

"Dear applicant. Your boards application has been denied because you rated highly in the muppet section. This decision is final. Thank you and have a nice day".

Oh sorry Mr Ive been around here for the last five years..... who cares....
    and Im entitled to my opinion wheather you think its ill- informed or not.......
    isnt that what boreds is all about... thought you would have figured that one out after FIVE YEARS on boreds......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

No thats not what boards is all about. Also we all love kell, ever since typedef left this plan of existence, Kell has been filling our lifes with much needed joy. Go kell Go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'd have banned the ignorant **** for that initial post...as for the "mod conspiracy" shite, i think that should be a bannable offence on feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

TheHost wrote:

...and you found Feedback after only seven posts? What an enterprising n00b!

That's seven posts, three of which were on feedback and two more in relation to this topic in PI.

/strokes chin.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

...and you found Feedback after only seven posts? What an enterprising n00b!

That's seven posts, three of which were on feedback and two more in relation to this topic in PI.

/strokes chin.
    Pretty amazing sequence of events that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

How do you like me now?

Classic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

oleras wrote:
    Welsh eh ?

sheep_pot_noodle.jpg

pot-noodle-fuel.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

Thaedydal wrote:
    No.

People were banned for posting off topic,
    they should have reported the post and not posted in the thread about it.

That not entirely fair Thaedydal, the post was so outrageous for this place that people were always going to over-react

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Anti's post was like a lobster trap. It was inviting people to give a kneejerk reaction and would cause several bans no matter what. I'd have deleted the post straight away and warned Anti for posting unhelpful comments.

Frankly I find it ridiculous that Thaed kept dishing out bans to everyone that commented, while still leaving it floating there at #2 just begging people to comment.

That not entirely fair Thaedydal, the post was so outrageous for this place that people were always going to over-react

And they have to be responsible for thier own emotional reaction and the action they took as a result of that emotional reaction.
    It the action they choose to take was to post in feedback or advail of the report post button then they would not have been banned.
    Zillah wrote:
    Anti's post was like a lobster trap. It was inviting people to give a kneejerk reaction and would cause several bans no matter what. I'd have deleted the post straight away and warned Anti for posting unhelpful comments.

Well then why not petition to become a PI mod then Zillah.
    Anti was warned.

again

hey have to be responsible for thier own emotional reaction and the action they took as a result of that emotional reaction.
    It the action they choose to take was to post in feedback or advail of the report post button then they would not have been banned.

Gordon handed out a ban as well.
    Most of those were were banned are either new to boards.ie or new to PI and quiet frankly I took the time before I banned anyone to explain the proceedure to make a complaint you can see that here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53221870&postcount=10
    Thaedydal wrote:
    11-05-2007, 09:51 #7 Thaedydal

Right, see this here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/image...ons/report.gif
    This is your firends the report post button.
    If you think a post is not helpful or breaks any of the rules of the charter of this forum you click on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/image...ons/report.gifwith in the post and fill out the little form which will generate a report for the mods of the forum to look at with a link to the 'offending' post.

What you don't do is post off topic about the post with in the thread because that will get you banned.

Anti is not a mod of this forum, there are 5 mods for this forum.
    There are over 300 mods for the entire site.
    Out side the forums they mod they are ordinary posters and can say what they wish as long as they accept the responsiblity for thier post up to getting banned from a forum they break the rules of.

Anti's post had alread been read this morning and while it may seem harsh it is a fair comment and may be helpful to the op unlike the two post directly after.

If either of ye want to 'discuss' the modding or the policies of this forum you are free todo so in the feedback forum.

If I see unhelpful comments like that again from either of you it will be a 1 week ban.

They were all told what the proceedures were.
    Zillah wrote:
    Frankly I find it ridiculous that Thaed kept dishing out bans to everyone that commented, while still leaving it floating there at #2 just begging people to comment.

They Were told clearly in the thread what the proceedures were to report and comment on the post, I find it ridiculous that they all either ignored that post or still posted off topic after that clear warning and instruction and then complained about being banned.

Clearly there was a learning curve.

Thaedydal wrote:
    They Were told clearly in the thread what the proceedures were to report and comment on the post, I find it ridiculous that they all either ignored that post or still posted off topic after that clear warning and instruction and then complained about being banned.

My point is that Anti's very rude post, which was guaranteed to cause a strong reaction, was sitting right there straight after the first post and was likely to cause people to respond without reading the rest of the thread. I'd say a lot of people responded without even seeing your warning. Hence it would have been wise to remove the post, issue a warning and then happily dish out bans to people who continued at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I feel that Thaedydal has explained her actions well enough already, whether you/I/we agree or disagree with how the thread was modded. PI is a huge forum, there is a lot of modding involved and 99% of the time there is not a problem or a cause for complaint.

Without the work of Thaedydal and the other PI mods the forum would be overrun with spam and be pretty useless. As it is the PI mods have kept it alive through vigilant work and unfortunately we never see PI threads congratulating them on swift action for nipping something in the bud.

This incident does deserve the discussion that has taken place but I'm not sure there is much to be gained from discussing it further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

daveg wrote:
    I'm sorry but I have to question the modding on this thread. Genuine poster asks for advice about her jealousy issues to which Anti posts "You have serious issues. Get your head examined. Seriously...". However Thaedydal feels that "(Anti's post) may seem harsh it is a fair comment and may be helpful to the op unlike the two post directly after."

I'm sorry but how the hell is that helpful? I've seen others hit with the banning stick for a lot less.

I agree I was banned for a week for commenting that Anti was continuously out of line....

To be honest he seems to get away with murder and can come out with trash day in day out and get away with it. It was rude and offensie and should have been banned and as you can see here has p#d off quite a number of posters. If Anti were not a Moderator the response would definitely have been differed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Zillah wrote:
    My point is that Anti's very rude post, which was guaranteed to cause a strong reaction, was sitting right there straight after the first post and was likely to cause people to respond without reading the rest of the thread.

Or in other words it was a good troll.

nesf wrote:
    Or in other words it was a good troll.

Which wasn't deleted, yes :)

Zillah wrote:
    My point is that Anti's very rude post, which was guaranteed to cause a strong reaction, was sitting right there straight after the first post and was likely to cause people to respond without reading the rest of the thread. I'd say a lot of people responded without even seeing your warning.

That is thier look out, there have been people banned because they did not read the whole thread and there was a warning on the page before.

Either they did read the thread and still took an action which got them banned
    or they did not read the thread and still took an action which got them banned
    the result is the same they should have reported the post and/or posted here
    and they did not, instead they posted what they did and got banned.

SarahSassy wrote:
    If Anti were not a Moderator the response would definitely have been differed.

What rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

Thaedydal wrote:
    That is thier look out, there have been people banned because they did not read the whole thread and there was a warning on the page before.

Either they did read the thread and still took an action which got them banned
    or they did not read the thread and still took an action which got them banned
    the result is the same they should have reported the post and/or posted here
    and they did not, instead they posted what they did and got banned.

What rubbish.

What if it was Kharn?

Don't worry about it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Is it in the charter anywhere that one must read the whole thread before commenting?

Can you safely say that you read entire threads before replying to a post that catches your eye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

kaimera wrote:
    Is it in the charter anywhere that one must read the whole thread before commenting?

Can you safely say that you read entire threads before replying to a post that catches your eye?

Burn the witch!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What if it was Kharn?

Don't worry about it. :)
    :D ROFL - Good 'un mate!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Hi merc!

. :)

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote:

It doesn't but if they had of read the charter which all posters are ment to do
    before they post in a forum they would have seen that it states to use the report post button and to disscuss mod decisions in the feedback forum for to do so is off topic to the forum and off topic posting can get them banned and in this case did.
    kaimera wrote:

In PI yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement