Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE K750i Camera Noise

• 11-05-2007 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

Basically I want to stop the annoying camera noise on the Sony Ericsson K750i phone. Now I know its not possible normally but can someone please expalin how I can access the phones file system??

I've read it can be done using a program called FAR manager. Which seems to work fine, recognises the phone but then when I try access the FS no folders or files appear. What should I be doing???

Also, the phone is CID49. I think that might make a difference.
    Any help out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

put the phone on silent? works on my wifes phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The only way on the k750i is to dial a freephone number and then go into the camera. Voila, no camera noise.

Hardly ideal though. As far as I know silent mode only works on certain generic software versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

underpants wrote:
    I've read it can be done using a program called FAR manager. Which seems to work fine, recognises the phone but then when I try access the FS no folders or files appear. What should I be doing???
    The trick you're talking about only works on the k750 and not the k750i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

The trick you're talking about only works on the k750 and not the k750i.

the trick I'm talking about?
    It's not a trick really, I'm just looking for a way to access the phones own file system so I can change a few files. mainly the shutter sound file. If the file exists, which it does cause its being played, then I dont see why it shouldn't be accessable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

As far as i know k750 and k750i are just names for the same phone and ppl just drop the i. Theres never been a k750 on the irish market that ive seen anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

As far as i know k750 and k750i are just names for the same phone and ppl just drop the i. Theres never been a k750 on the irish market that ive seen anyway

looks like you're right, a quick check on the sony ericsson website doesn't show up any k750's

i had this phone last year,and as far as i remember ,putting it on silent turned off the camera sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

All NEW k750i feature the camera noise as a protection so u cant take a few pics of people without them knowing. I got of rid of my camera noise by flashing it, and then accessing the FS through the phones file browser.

You should check out
    http://forums.se-nse.net/
    i found that helpful, goodluck.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I debranded and flashed a newer version using DaVinci team software and that got rid of the camera sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I have a se k610im and i've yet to manage to turn off the camera sound, even when i have the phone on meeting which turns off all tones and vibration alert. very bizarre. I can change the sound, just not turn it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

If you can change the sound then why not load up am MP3 or MID file f recorded silence, then set the sound to this. Would this be an easy work around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It's 4 set sounds, you can't choose to use one of your own as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

It's 4 set sounds, you can't choose to use one of your own as far as I can see.

yeah u cant choose the sound you want

Advertisement