Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awnings

Options
  • 11-05-2007 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

ARG! I heard an ad on the radio this morning for an Irish company that sold awnings and the like.
    God forbid I can remember the name!

We would like to get one over the back of our house. Not really to keep the sun off, but to keep the heat over the deck at night while sitting out.
    Would anyone know who sells them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Canopies Ireland???? Not sure but they make canopies over doors etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I got one last year in omeara camping, sundrive industrial,off the crumlin road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

dubtom wrote:
    I got one last year in omeara camping, sundrive industrial,off the crumlin road.

Cheers for that - not far from my house. Do you mind telling me how much it was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Have a look at http://www.omearacamping.com/

Looks like 699 to 2999 yo yo's ..... :rolleyes:

Cool - thanks for that.
    The one on the first page is kinda what we're looking for.
    Manual if possible!

Tanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Yes that one similar to the one we got, can't remember exactly what we paid, 5/6 hundred maybe, i checked a few other places, including canopies ireland, and they were in the thousands. Just remember to incline at the largest angle you can, I wanted more coverage so only inclined at a small angle, basically nearly flat with about a 3 degree slope, but rain gathers on it. I assume that wouldn't happen if the incline was more. They are waterproof to a point, but not if the water can't roll off.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

Canopies are an item where you realy get what you pay for.
    Prices start at around €300 at budjet diy end, generaly poor quality fabrics, weak arms and disapointingly small. only suitable for use on windless days.
    More expensive options generally have longerlasting, rot-resistant, colour fast fabrics, fade resistance, stronger construction capable of handling breezy weather and larger sizes. On more expensive options look for free fitting.
    I've been fitting these things for years and in my view, generally speaking, anything less than €1200 isn't worth fitting, and definitly not worth listning to the complaints.
    The ad you heard may have been ACME Blinds, they have been advertising nationaly lately and are Irish owned.

blindman wrote:
    The ad you heard may have been ACME Blinds, they have been advertising nationaly lately and are Irish owned.

Wasn't ACME the brand the Road Runner used to use?! :D

Thanks for the info though - they seem to have a lot of options!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Beep Beep.

Advertisement