Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No email notification for subscribed threads

Options
  • 11-05-2007 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Sorry a bit lazy, realised after belated site search, that the proble is known.

tried to delete thread but unable to do so.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

There should be no issues sending notifications to your mail provider ( Looking at the logs they have accepted delivery of the mail. Have you checked the spam folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

@asok,Thanks got notification on your reply here. just now.
    I have been getting them all along, just a post to "mobiles,PDA's" with 3 replies and I got no notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Give me a time of the post and I'll take a look (This will be tomorrow as I go drinking now)

original post time 23.26 .... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055090981

replies 23.37, 00.57, 01.09
    Everything is fine now though.

I think it's happening again. Someone replied to same post shortly after 21.00 and I just happen to visit at 22.00 and spotted the reply number had gone up, but I reveived no notification,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Are you definitely subscribed to that thread?

/edit: Also, if there's been more than one reply since the last time you logged in, you only get an email about the first reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sometimes you may only be notified by email of the next post in the thread after you have logged off and then only to discover that there could have been 10 or twenty further replies.

I dont think you get instant email notification in respect of every new post.

Apart from all that the system does play up a wee bit now and again.

My habits may have changed a bit, not sure how but it definitely seem to be a bit erratic. I got instant notification when Asok posted here twice, but like I said not really aware how my behaviour has changed.

Advertisement