Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damn sms alerts!!!

Options
  • 11-05-2007 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭

Ok, have being living on a different number for the past few months for various reasons. Went back to my old sim card, bought 20 credit and 4 hours later without making a call or a text i have 4 euro left because of some stupid texts from some QUPID sms service.

I have not subscribed to this crap and it doesn't appear on my "text alerts" page on vodafone.

How in gods name do i stop it ? Someone, anyone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Usually there's a number on these premium texts that you reply to with the word STOP. Failing that, you could consider contacting Regtel. www.regtel.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

ah ... that would make sense. I've being just deleting the feckers without reading. So its gonna cost me another 2 euro to wait till i recieve one of these things and then unsubscribe ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

If you are certain you never subscribed, lodge a compalint with Regtel. If successful you should get a credit refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I was getting the same ones and didn't even notice I was being charged at first. I know I never suscribed to it, but I wonder it is possible for someone else to subscribe you? Just replying with 'stop' worked. I didn't realise you could claim a refund. Might try that as I think I'd been charged about €20 by the time I noticed (serves me right for not scrutinising my bill though!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you are certain you never subscribed, lodge a compalint with Regtel. If successful you should get a credit refund.
    Regtel cannot issue refunds as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

hey op,
    suffered from these annoying texts as well.
    I went onto the regtel website, typed in the 57*** number or whatever it was into their number searcher and discovered the texts were coming from realm communications grrr...!
    It was then a matter of going on their website finding a customer service email address, and writing a very firmly worded email about how I never gave them permission to take money out of my phone or to even send me the texts in the first place.
    I demanded to be taken off their mailing list and refunded my money immediately.
    Guess what? it worked!
    Small personal victory but I was happy!
    You gotta stand up to these con artists or they'll keep getting away with it.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

bronte wrote:
    I went onto the regtel website, typed in the 57*** number or whatever it was into their number searcher and discovered the texts were coming from realm communications grrr...!
    which is here btw:
    http://www.comreg.ie/numbering/num_sms_search.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

ring your service provider and ask them to tell you who the number belongs to and where they are located.

ring the customer service of said company. they may try tell you that you did indeed sign up on a certain date.

go back to vodafone/o2/meteor and ask them to look up the texts made on that day. if you didn't subscribe get them to email and post you a copy of the calls made on that day.

ring the dodgey company back, tell them you have proff that you did in fact NOT subscribe and therefore they are unsolicited and are in affect stealing from you and that you want a full refund.

if no joy, contact comreg.

Advertisement