Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De-activated Guns

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Would say they would be pretty much all gone from the dealers at that price.So it would be individual sales now.:(
    From what I heard they were unissued ,pristine jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Makes it exceedingly difficult to find them that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Some of them 'Italian Navy' issued No1's and No4's are on sale in Italy anyway, going price is about €400 a piece. A Uk supplier is getting a batch of them too, would it not be a little easier to get them from the UK?

Id prefer to pay extra for something in unissued, or even decent condition. Those Italian enfields were probably knackered before the Italians got their hands on them, correct me if im wrong, i havent actually seen any.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

• Advertisement

Posted on another thread,but the Irish contract LE in the US in their grease wrappers [AKA unfired] are about $500.Must be cheaper out there,even if fired a few times.

Posted on another thread,but the Irish contract LE in the US in their grease wrappers [AKA unfired] are about $500.Must be cheaper out there,even if fired a few times.

The 'Irish Contract' No4's were surplused off to the US in the early 90's therefore there are no longer any major retailers selling batchs of them. From what I've seen they show up in ones and twos at gun shows, auction sites, pawn shops etc etc etc, some in the wrap, some out of it.

The Americans love the term 'Irish Contract' Lee Enfield, they must think that they were once carried by leprecauns patroling the hills of Kerry fighting off the opressor :p (when in fact the things never reached Ireland, just sat in war reserve in the UK)

leprechaun1.jpg
    :D:D

Wheres the cool pic from?It would make a good website logo/tatoo:D

Wheres the cool pic from?It would make a good website logo/tatoo:D

I got a pic of a leprechaun off Google and got the silloutte of a No1 and added the two in Photoshop. I posted it on another forum a number of months back, and almost immediately I had a couple of Americans asking me could they use it as a tattoo! :D......mad feckers!

Suppose the more modern version one would be with an AR180 or AK:eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

At the current dollar/euro exchange rate $500 is probably only just over 400 euro! Not too bad for such an old make of gun that has such a history behind it.

I do like to avoid tax :D
    Think i will hunt down a contract or FF marked SMLE after my current application is sorted.

Anyone know how much the actual importing would cost if i find one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Don't know what to spend your SSIA's on? here's a nice deact, cost you a maximum of €21,000.00 and is ready to go (registered for street driving) ;)

Here's a picture attached and also a link (it's in German).

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=1360143

You save on delivery costs as you can just drive it home.

Best,
    Preusse

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

that'd be handy for the school run

Vegeta wrote:
    that'd be handy for the school run

That would shut those SUV/4WD mammies up ;)

Achtung, I am here to collect Fritz and Hilde. Do you have a problem with me parking here? (while moving the turret slowly into the complaining persons' direction.) :D

And very proably no road tax either!! Little known fact in our road traffic acts.Military vechicles are road tax exempt.Doesnt say that they have to be serving Irish military vechicles either.

Anyone know how much the actual importing would cost if i find one?[/
    About $350 inc courier company charges to either Dublin or Shannon airport.
    UPDATE. I found out from DOD surplus disposal dept where the LE were sold to.
    Centuary Arms LTD in Canada.Between 1990 and 1994.

And very proably no road tax either!! Little known fact in our road traffic acts.Military vechicles are road tax exempt.Doesnt say that they have to be serving Irish military vechicles either.

That's quite interesting. Must look into that. I know that the insurance for that little Ferret is only €88.00 per year in Germany. I wonder how much it would be over here? Not that I would be interested in buying that one but a German Kuebelwagen or something like that might be nice at some stage.

Best,
    Preusse

$350 isnt too bad if youre going all out on a top gun, would it work out cheaper if a few were ordered or do they have to be shipped separate?

Finding them is going to be the job.:( That long ago ,there are no batches left in the main distributor.So it is trawl the net or get a broker to look out for one for you,and do individual buys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement