Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a new PC - Help me choose a case!

Options
  • 11-05-2007 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

I'll be ordering the parts for my new PC soon. Maybe even this weekend. I'll probably need help on choosing the components and combatability issues, but I thought I'd start with the easy part first. Choosing a case. It's not been easy so far.

I'm not a fan of there being a window in my case. And I like the boring plain look. Silver preferably but I'm open to suggestions.

The case I have in mind is the Lian-Li PC v2100. But the problem is that it's quite expensive just for a case. (£206.74 inc VAT)
    The Antec P182 looks nice too! (£149.21 inc VAT) That still seems like a lot of money?

Are there any other cases out there that are similiar to this or match my boring tastes :D

I'll have an 8800 in the case. Dunno if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The Antec P150 has a nice aluminium silver/white look and is very plain but stylish, the P180 is also available for €139.

If you want something really simple and cheap the Gigabyte GZ-X1 silver looks okay for the job.

The Akasa Mirage 62 is a very computer/server looking case black only though. I have the Eclipse it's predecessor and is very spacious for all kinds of hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

My own top pics...

P150 - A bit small for my needs...but my mother loves the one I built for her. Some nice touches like the hard drive mounts. Good for a quiet PC build.

P180 - Excellent build quality and quiet too. Can be a pain to get the wiring neat.

Akasa Mirage - Loads of space, very good features and lightweight. Fairly easy to get a neat build.

I've just sold a PC built in a P180 and my new rig is in an Akasa Mirage...So you can guess which I prefer :D

I also have the predecessor to the Lian Li v2100...the V2000. Lovely cases but HUGE! Great if you need to install 12 hard drives as standard (they will fit 19 all told) but a bit overkill for a standard build.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I think I'm in love with the P182 :) Is it the same as the P180 except with a different paint job? Do you know if them rubber shoes at the end of it fall off after a while? They look like they come off easily. Guess super glue would fix it. I found pictures of the case here.

I like the Akasa Mirage 62 but it's very dark. I love the how the side fan extends out by nearly an inch which gives it a chunky look that goes well with the front.

I think I'm in love with the P182 :) Is it the same as the P180 except with a different paint job? Do you know if them rubber shoes at the end of it fall off after a while?
    The P182 has a couple of extra wiring features and the predrilled holes for watercooling...thats about it for changes.
    The rubber feet are very secure...mine never moved at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I decided on the P180. The P182 is darker than I thought, and then I noticed how its nearly twice the price of the P180 :confused:

I'm gonna create a new thread with the whole PC and parts listed in a while to see what peeps think.

• Advertisement

I will await developments with interest :)

Advertisement