Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB, feedback from Customer Services

Options
  • 11-05-2007 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

I know Another tread about NTL...

But for those who are interested...

I rang them Today and after a 45 minutes on hold I calmly explained my issues

Mainly:
    Bill problems
    Address Resolution Problems / routing
    and Traffic shaping.

I had decided to cancel my service, but The agent offered me an upgrade to 6mb service for free for 2 months to try that out...

I know this wont solve traffic shaping and tried to explain... ( well my limited understanding)
    She wasnt technical so I explained it in terms of the M50, i.e. there is no point giving a person stuck in traffic a Sports Car as they will still be stuck in traffic. I explained NTL BB like the M50 does not have enough lanes and Traffic shaping is like Restricting a Double Decker truck's speed because its using more road..... Ahem.. this is where I almost confused myself :-)

I know its not a great metaphor but We were getting places..

She then told me that Yesterday the Customer Services Dept. had a big meeting to find out why som many customers were leaving... This I found funny, because they were Kinda unclear as to why.. The agents were asked to get clear reasons from customers leaving and try to keep them by offering them faster speeds..

She said that she would Pass on my feedback and promised to help me disconnect in a month if nothing has changed..

The impression I got was that They are having a serious think about their policies, So fingers crossed..

Now call me mad, but I was very happy with NTL in the past and b4 that when they were cablenet I might have been slow to pay bills and possibly got away with murder... So Im willing to give them another go...

Oh BTW I reckon there is a business opportunity for ear coolers while on hold to NTL CS :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

wooh

i'm surprised that she was telling you they "had a big meeting" as to find out why many customers were leaving. I guess after so many years they haven't still figured it out. Why why why. Here are some of my rantings :
    • queuing on the support line is always an issue. 5 mins is reasonable, 50 minutes just to wait for turn is ridicolous, worst if get cut off after waiting a while.
    • support approach as if all customers are bland stupid. yeah there are some but not whole of the country must be told if their cable modem/stb are plugged in, etc.
    • customers rare get any notification for planned maintenance, forgiveable if outages are unexpected.
    • schedule for technician visits are impossible, they should not expect anyone can sit around waiting half day during weekdays for nothing. from my experience, things never got fixed in one day and there were subsequent visits required. my holidays are not free and i can't afford taking day off freely.
    anyway, after many years i'm still with NTL for few reasons - i have no option to install dish in the apartment, secondly granted that NTL hv been reasonable giving me credits for outages (thou it didn't compensate the pain of having no service). other reason, i can't be bothered to switch to another all-in-one solution provider. must also say i love NTL as much as i hate it.

wooh.

Marty

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Marty, I agree with you... But would it be fair to say that If the service is sound you'd never know about wait times with customer service, and Huge 'On Hold' times are more an indication of a really poor BB service rather than poor customer service...

just a thought...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are there actually enough people working in support to have a big meeting?:rolleyes:

It seems incredible that they have no way of knowing that people are getting bad speeds? You should have asked them about co-ordination between their network managers and their sales people? Do those two groups talk at all?

And a friend of mine has just been on to me asking about dsl as he has had no NTL/UPC bb for the last month.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P.S. Why didn't you tell them to read boards on a regular basis for a free customer feedback service? Then they would be in absolutely no doubt as to why customers are leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

delop wrote:
    I rang them Today and after a 45 minutes on hold I calmly explained my issues
    i rang them today about my digital tv service. i was on hold for about ten minutes when i rang back on a different phone and went through to sales. got through immediately and he sent me onto customer care without having to queue. you probably had to wait so long because of people doing that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

dub45 wrote:
    It seems incredible that they have no way of knowing that people are getting bad speeds?

P.S. Why didn't you tell them to read boards on a regular basis for a free customer feedback service? Then they would be in absolutely no doubt as to why customers are leaving!

serious lack of communication in there, cos there's no doubt that when downloading from an ftp server the speeds are super quick, AS ADVERTISED. ;)

So clearly their technicians are blocking p2p, why don't their customer service managers know this??

Seriously seems like a very incompetently run company - SORT IT FOCKING OUT NTL.

only reason i'm hanging in their is because I'm slightly more against paying eircom for line rental. But seriously NTL, with service this bad its making me think...:eek:

Will someone tell them to read these boards? I aint hangin on for 50 mins to tell them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

Changing my e-mail address from ntlworld.ie to upcmail.ie. I may as well change my ISP while I'm at it.

Are NTL trying to drive people away?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Im considering just gettin magnet in and dumpin NTL broadband once its up and runnin since im tired of havin problems with my torrents and line drops etc

Advertisement