Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Qualified

• 11-05-2007 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I work in Waterford as a software developer and i'm having trouble finding somewhere where i can get a MCAD qualification. WIT dont seem to do it and the only places ive found online seem to be in Dublin. It would have to be somewhere in either Waterford or Kilkenny.

Anyone any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

You can do it self paced of course. Takes time but all you need is the books and some exam guides. (All says I - and heres me taking ages to get around to the first exam for the MCPD...)

You just need to book the test with a testing centre when you feel you are ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'll just move this over to I.T. Certification. You'll get a much better response there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Ah right i didnt realise you could just do them like that. Has anyone here done MCAD and what did you think of it.

Where can i get a list of Testing centres ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I did mine there last year... there is a sticky above on sitting exams

You need to 2 core and 1 elective exam

Core consists of 1 of either 70-305/306/315/316 and 1 from either 70-310/320

If you do 305/315 you can do either 306/316 as an elective. Electives are varied in that you can do SQL ones etc

Advertisement