Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonight: Scalps at the Fitz of SE rebuy tourney?

• 11-05-2007 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

I want to play the scalps tourney at the Fitz tonight. Just wondering have they extended the levels and increased the stacks for this tournament too? I know they have done that on other nights, which means tourneys now last until the feckin sun comes up .... not worth it.

What's the friday night SE tourney like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Yes, both. Levels are now 25/30 minutes, starting stack is bigger but can't remember how much, played it last week and it was much improved, but it will go on late, I went out in 11th last week at 3am so I doubt it finished before 5.

Hard to please everyone, with the old structure everyone was complaining it was a crapshoot!

No idea what the SE tourney is like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Primewise

But they have changed 2 things, the levels AND the stacks.

Changing the stacks would have fixed the crapshoot but there was no need to extend the level times aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Primewise wrote:

Changing the stacks would have fixed the crapshoot but there was no need to extend the level times aswell

FFS. It's a Friday night - surely that is the one night of the week where a tourney can / should be extended? I shall be giving the new structure a whirl tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Primewise wrote:

You can please some of the people some of the time.......shoot the rest.

I will play this new structure soon, if not tonight maybe next Friday.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'll be there aiming for my standard 13th place finsih in this as with last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Yes, I too will be concentrating very hard on loosing the "pot for the CL" with 15 to go (- subject to permission)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

think im gonna try this tonight. how many runners did it get last week?

80 I tihnk.

i presume it got going at 9ish then aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

what is it again whats the jackpot like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Primewise wrote:
    I want to play the scalps tourney at the Fitz tonight. Just wondering have they extended the levels and increased the stacks for this tournament too? I know they have done that on other nights, which means tourneys now last until the feckin sun comes up .... not worth it.

What's the friday night SE tourney like?
    This is why it’s so hard to please every1 people want more play and still have a 2AM finish its not going to happen

The €50 double chance Tuesday just gone finishes at 5.15AM
    Tonight you will be lucky to be in bed by 6AM if you go all the way

People moan about Mid week tournaments been crapshoots and when organisers do there best to change them people still complain that they go on to long so what’s the solution

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bring the final table back the next night.

DeV.

for a €60 tourney are you mad lol

aodea wrote:
    what is it again whats the jackpot like?

jackpot is ok but i think with the new structure this will be much better. its 45+10+5 with 1Rebuy

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

AKQJ10 wrote:
    jackpot is ok but i think with the new structure this will be much better. its 45+10+5 with 1Rebuy

decisions decisions decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

Primewise wrote:

:eek: :confused:

I'd be surprised if you find anyone here that agrees with you on this one.

A slower clock is the most important factor you should consider when deciding which tournament is better value.

As Lloyd said, it's Friday night ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

probably a bit late now, but I played the jackpot fo last week, when we got to the final table there were still plenty of play. So I'd give my support to that :p

MickL wrote:
    This is why it’s so hard to please every1 people want more play and still have a 2AM finish its not going to happen

The €50 double chance Tuesday just gone finishes at 5.15AM
    Tonight you will be lucky to be in bed by 6AM if you go all the way

People moan about Mid week tournaments been crapshoots and when organisers do there best to change them people still complain that they go on to long so what’s the solution

Mick, I can tell you that, IMO, the changes are much for the better. I believe that if you go out playing a poker tournament you should expect that it goes on till all hours if you are to win it. And for those who don't get towards the final table, they will still have played more interesting poker with more interesting situations for a longer period while they were still in it. Therefore they got better entertainment and value for their money.

Those that finished in the top three won't have been complaining.

I'll be in the Fitz more from now on that is for certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Mick, I can tell you that, IMO, the changes are much for the better. I believe that if you go out playing a poker tournament you should expect that it goes on till all hours if you are to win it. And for those who don't get towards the final table, they will still have played more interesting poker with more interesting situations for a longer period while they were still in it. Therefore they got better entertainment and value for their money.

I'll be in the Fitz more from now on that is for certain.

have to agree Lloyd, I think one of the reason so few Irish players do well in big events, is due to the amount of poor structure events in Ireland. A good event is a 1 hr clock with 10k starting stack, this should be the standard for any event with 500 buy-in. Irish players in general play to much preflop poker and very fast poker, which I think is due to the structures been to fast for 90% of there games. Also, playing online a lot doesn't help.

But I do think the bigger and longer events should be weekend events, also most events should start around 7:30/8 pm similiar to the UK way of working during the week, this will add a extra hour of play. Any event during the week should reach the final table my 2 am, leaving the final 9 players playing to 4 am at worst. I think players should be putting pressure on poker rooms to start tourments on time and let players buy-in up to 4 levels if there late. If your to busy to get there on time, than dont come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

LuckyLloyd wrote:

• Advertisement

Ollieboy wrote:
    have to agree Lloyd, I think one of the reason so few Irish players do well in big events, is due to the amount of poor structure events in Ireland. A good event is a 1 hr clock with 10k starting stack, this should be the standard for any event with 500 buy-in. Irish players in general play to much preflop poker and very fast poker, which I think is due to the structures been to fast for 90% of there games. Also, playing online a lot doesn't help.

But I do think the bigger and longer events should be weekend events, also most events should start around 7:30/8 pm similiar to the UK way of working during the week, this will add a extra hour of play. Any event during the week should reach the final table my 2 am, leaving the final 9 players playing to 4 am at worst. I think players should be putting pressure on poker rooms to start tourments on time and let players buy-in up to 4 levels if there late. If your to busy to get there on time, than dont come.

Good post Ollie. I strongly agree when it comes to starting on time, something that I suggest the Fitz could improve upon. A half eight start should be exactly that.

Witness how the Emporium strictly enforces start times for the Monthly game. And I think it is a great thing.

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Good post Ollie. I strongly agree when it comes to starting on time, something that I suggest the Fitz could improve upon. A half eight start should be exactly that.

Witness how the Emporium strictly enforces start times for the Monthly game. And I think it is a great thing.
    this is something i strongly agree with all tournaments should start approxmetilty the advertised start time but it got to a stage where all he late starts people are turning up later an later knowing it wont start before 9

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Anyone heading in to the fitz??
    1st time playing with the new structure,
    Looking forward to it

I'm heading in a few mins. I look forward to seeing you there and ignoring you as I have no idea who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

5starpool wrote:
    I'm heading in a few mins. I look forward to seeing you there and ignoring you as I have no idea who you are.

Lol.
    I wish we all had celebrity status like yourself Dom,
    Gl tonight

Standard 15th place. A bit worse than my regular 13th, but close enough.

Advertisement