Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good local garages?

Options
  • 11-05-2007 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good local garage? I'm fairly new to the area and need a bit of work done on my car...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sportbilly

Davis Bros down off Eden Road beside the railway opposite the church for mechanical stuff.

For bodywork and repairs etc Shane O'Brien at the bottom of Applewood heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

sportbilly wrote:
    Davis Bros down off Eden Road beside the railway opposite the church for mechanical stuff.

yep, highly recommend Davis Bros.
    btw, their big sign says "Greystones Exhaust Centre", that's them.
    sportbilly wrote:
    For bodywork and repairs etc Shane O'Brien at the bottom of Applewood heights.

Actually looking for someone to fix a slight wave on one of the panels, where exactly is Applewood Heights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Shane is brilliant and he's reasonably priced for repairs too.

If you were driving from Tesco, head out towards Blacklion and Applewood is is a left turn about 150m after the traffic lights. There's a sign for his premises just to the right that you can see from the main road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

To add to the Davis Bros recommendation, I took the car down there last week for a service. I was on day two of a bout of food poisoning, and looked and felt like sh**e on a stick.

I had to explain I was decidedly ropey as I nearly keeled over at one point, and the mechanic offered to drop me back to the house. And ladies, he was of the "Diet Coke break" calibre, covered in oil and grease..... pity I was too ill to fully appreciate it, but thats what I call customer service !!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Yeh Clyde is a nice fella alright.thats the difference with a family owned
    business nothing is too much trouble:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

Anyone have the number for Shane O'Briens garage? Cant find them on the net…

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

From the Phone Book (!)

287 3017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

btw he's not in Greystones anymore, he's now in Newcastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Angel

Can't recommend Davis Bros highly enough, excellent excellent mechanics.

Advertisement