Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyres advice

Options
  • 11-05-2007 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

So here's the place to laugh at the newbie who doesn't know his arse from his elbows and makes all sorts of embarassing faux pas'.

I'm looking to upgrade the tyres on my fiesta. I've no idea what are on it already, and no idea what to put on. Just looking for "better tyres", whatever they might be, and I said this'd be my first port of call. Looking to spend €300 /€320 max.
    Any and all advice appreciated, cheers guys.
    WP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

OK, I'll start....

I'd say you'd be better posting this in the Motors forum as it's a more general motoring question.

It depends on the size of your wheels, but you should comfortably get decent tyres for a Fiesta for that price, I'd imagine. Check Eiretyres for prices, then see if your local tyre shop can match them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The tyre size will be written on each tyre, in the format 1xx/xx R1x, ie 175/70 R15. You will need to quote this when looking for prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Making a guess here - standard 1.2-1.3 97-02 fiesta will have something like 165/60-R13 tyres. Cheapy tyres for these, at a guess would be around approx 40E each.
    For 320E you will get decent tyres fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Standard steel wheels on Mk. IV Fiestas ('95-'02, except for the 1.4) use 155/70 R13 tyres. I got a pair for €70, though they were cheap Runway shyte.

I'd be interested in recommendations for such tyres too. With 60hp I don't think grip will be much of a concern, but I'm sure decent tyres will be quieter and possibly more economical than the current generic Chinese/Eastern European junk I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

Get pirelli's. I had these on my 00' fiesta and they were super!!! Great grip going around corners!! cant remember which particular ones, just that they were great. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

You could get Alloys for it if you don't have them already and Try Francis Melia, he's a gent to deal with and good value too...
    Plus he operates a mobile tyre service, so if you can't get to him he'll call to you... 087-2709430

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Cheers for the info guys, but @Hotwheels, you seem a little biased if the number you're pimping is also in your sig...!

Will post back how I get on.
    Thanks a mill,
    WP

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

@Hotwheels, you seem a little biased if the number you're pimping is also in your sig...!

Nope I'm not Francis..:D he's a good mate...just tell him(if your talking to him) Hotwheels with the Black 159 mentioned him..he'll know who I am...I've bought tyres off him for years...I put the sig in for him to help send a bit of biz his way....

Advertisement