Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business - Time Management Problems

Options
  • 11-05-2007 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Right, I'm getting a wee bit worried with business now mainly due to the time it's taking me to do each question. It's recommended that you take 22 minutes in answering the long questions (i.e. section 3 of the paper), but I'm taking that length to answer one part of the question.

What I do is look at the amount of marks going for each part and base how many points I put down on the allocation of marks (e.g. 25 marks = 5 points, 20 marks = 4 points etc.)

Any suggestions as to how I can possibly improve my time management?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Right, I'm getting a wee bit worried with business now mainly due to the time it's taking me to do each question. It's recommended that you take 22 minutes in answering the long questions (i.e. section 3 of the paper), but I'm taking that length to answer one part of the question.

What I do is look at the amount of marks going for each part and base how many points I put down on the allocation of marks (e.g. 25 marks = 5 points, 20 marks = 4 points etc.)

Any suggestions as to how I can possibly improve my time management?

3 hour exam..

10 Short questions, 20 mins
    4 long questions, 30 mins each
    ABQ, 40 mins.

Thats my timing. That inclues reading the questions. You should be able to get a 20mark question down in less than 5 minutes. There is no way to improve your timing unless you speed up. How does it take you that long to do a question?? Business is quick answering, you either know the answer, or try to bull**** through it!! And make sure you get the definition and right number of points and examples.
    Any more help needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

sternn wrote:
    3 hour exam..

ABQ, 40 mins.

Thats my timing. That inclues reading the questions. You should be able to get a 20mark question down in less than 5 minutes. There is no way to improve your timing unless you speed up. How does it take you that long to do a question?? Business is quick answering, you either know the answer, or try to bull**** through it!! And make sure you get the definition and right number of points and examples.
    Any more help needed?

Ditto. Dont overwrite. just get the specific points down. ABQs need practice to get everything down in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

sternn wrote:
    3 hour exam..

ABQ, 40 mins.

Any more help needed?
    I'm not entirely sure if I'm overwriting or what. Like, I'd write a good two/three lines on each point. For example, I was doing a Sales of Goods and Supplies Act question earlier (2001 exam paper) which asked how the act protects consumers. So, I wrote the point, the definition of the point and then how it protects consumers. Most points were a good 3/4 lines.

Is this too much or is it alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

That's normal. . .
    Only way to speed up - tbh- is like peeps have said, just keep doing questions.

Still got problems, then you should probably ask your teacher since (s)he can have a look at your work and give you a better answer than I suppose any of us can.

Advertisement