Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Moderating In Pi

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

muffler wrote:
    Interesting comment

He got banned? for that comment? :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I wouldn't say so, he must have been a bit bold somewhere else. It's only a weeks temp ban though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Cancer-chick

I couldnt give a flying f*** what u think and by the sounds of a lot of people here neither could most on the forums you mod

Give your opinions to anyone who gives a toss

I personally dont so why dont u take your little self confessed 'mentally unstable' ass back to wales where your mother might care what u think

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Cancer-chick

Listen, you were caught being disruptive and you got banned for it. Take your weeks ban and keep off our radar for a while.

Sounds like a threat to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You're really coming across very badly tbh. Resorting to childish attacks will not help your case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sounds like a threat to me

You really are a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Anti wrote:
    You really are a knob.

In fairness, you told her to piss off to another site. How did you expect her to respond?

I know Feedback doesn't really have many rules - but telling someone to piss off to another site is just going to turn it into a troll fest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I think Anti has lost the plot to be honest. A break from the internet might be a good idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

fade2black wrote:
    I think Anti has lost the plot to be honest. A break from the internet might be a good idea...
    Have to agree. I dont think he ever had a proper grasp of the plot in the first place.

Whether we like it or not feedback is where users vent their anger at what they perceive to be the injustice of a banning or having a thread locked or whatever. A moderator calling someone a knob and telling them to piss off is hardly inspiring confidence in mods in general.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cancer-chick and Anti both banned from Feedback until they cool their heels.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

muffler wrote:
    Have to agree. I dont think he ever had a proper grasp of the plot in the first place.

Whether we like it or not feedback is where users vent their anger at what they perceive to be the injustice of a banning or having a thread locked or whatever. A moderator calling someone a knob and telling them to piss off is hardly inspiring confidence in mods in general.

Have to agree with Muffler as well. When a mod acts like that they give all mods a bad name. Anti could do with a few lessons in diplomacy imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

irlrobins wrote:
    Have to agree with Muffler as well. When a mod acts like that they give all mods a bad name. Anti could do with a few lessons in diplomacy imho.

Very true. Feedback ban for CC is pretty unfair, but fully justified for Anti. Loosing the head when sum1 tells you to piss off to another forum is to be expected, especially when you put those people in positions of authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

tallaght01 wrote:
    Loosing the head when sum1 tells you to piss off to another forum is to be expected
    No, its not.

I dind't say it was right, I said it was to be expected. You go to any random fora and start telling people to piss off to another thread, and see what happens.
    Some people will loose the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

tallaght01 wrote:
    I dind't say it was right, I said it was to be expected. You go to any random fora and start telling people to piss off to another thread, and see what happens.
    But this isn't a random forum, its Feedback. As muffler said its where people go to air grievances - in many ways its akin to a Boards-centric PI.

While someone may lose the head, its still not appropriate because it helps no-one. This is especially true if the person losing the head is the OP of the thread in question. It doesn't make a very good case for them (IMO) if they can't be seen to rise above someone out to make trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

tallaght01 wrote:
    Very true. Feedback ban for CC is pretty unfair, but fully justified for Anti. Loosing the head when sum1 tells you to piss off to another forum is to be expected, especially when you put those people in positions of authority.
    Put it this way, if what both Anti and Cancer-Chick had said that stuff in any other forum they would be banned, why would it be different in feedback?

or what if a moderator of this site didn't tell her to piss off??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

s_humorbug_3efa86e6bc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

tallaght01 wrote:

You need to cop onto yourself mate. You're expected to show the slightest bit of restraint on boards. How about you stop telling us how it should be, and accept how it is. There was a time when mob rule was the norm here, that changed for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

tallaght01 wrote:
    or what if a moderator of this site didn't tell her to piss off??
    Once again, Anti is a normal user over here in feedback, the fact that he mods other forums is irrelevant.

Simply put, if someone tells you to 'piss off' how hard is it to ignore them? Its the internet ffs, theres no need to lose the rag over it like CC did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

cc does have a habit of arguing a point with someone she disagrees and "controlling" a thread at times. Though occasionally she did give some good advice.

Having recieved a condescending post on some advice i was giving and thinking it was worth reporting, i exercised the option of the block user, in that way i don't get involved in a useless argument and my stress level stays the same.

Anti's post in this thread was poor to say the least, but he knew what reaction he was going to get from CC and duly she gave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

He got banned? for that comment? :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Nope, he got a week's site-ban for generally acting the tool around the place.

Advertisement