Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAship

Options
  • 11-05-2007 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

any old CTYIers applied for RA this year? i ask because i did, and i still havent heard back about it... i had my interview and they said theyd be in touch by the end of april, so im getting a bit worried...
    im orla, btw. i did japanese in 04 and art in 03. hi to anyone who knows me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

The RA job offers went out in early April but you should have heard regardless of whether you got it or not; email and check what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Fallen Seraph

Hmmm, you sure that that's not the interviews that you're thinking of? As opposed to the actual offers, because early april was when the interviews were a happening, as is my understanding.

Yep, people knew by the weekend of the 14th... which, okay, is mid-April rather than early, fair enough. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

are you absolutely sure? cos in all my experience ive never once known them to be early with anything, and they said i wouldnt know til end of may... i dont mean to be rude or anything, i just find it unlikely that theyd pick the RAs before the students had been offered their places - my sister only got her offer a week ago. they said theyd need to know how many males and females were going, so they know how many RAs of each sex theyd need. also my boyfriend had his interview the day before me, and he hasnt heard anything from them either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

Orla - you're not Eleanor's cousin, are you?

• Advertisement

are you absolutely sure?

Yes, I'm sure. My best guess is that they're holding off on contacting applicants in case anyone turns down the job... there are usually a couple of jobs filled at the last minute. But seriously, do get in touch just to check, if they said to you end of April - worst-case scenario it means they'll remember you if they need someone at the last minute.

thanks claire, i shall indeed do that. and yes, i am eleanor's cousin, thursday, although since im older i think technically she's MY cousin :)

thanks claire, i shall indeed do that. and yes, i am eleanor's cousin, thursday, although since im older i think technically she's MY cousin :)

:P Duly noted!

*thinks* I actually met one of her cousins, who was talking about being an RA.... do you have a Shakespearian dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

I'll be an RA this year, by the way. Er... anyone remember me?

Thursday: yes, that's right, our dog is macduff - as in "lead on macduff" when going for a walk:)

Hobotastic: when did you find out about your RAship? i'm really worried cos i haven't heard yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

A girl I know from 04 is back as an RA this year. Part of the reason I'm not going back this year is cos I'm worried I'd end up knowing too many RAs, but hopefully my sister will have the craic with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Hobotastic wrote:
    I'll be an RA this year, by the way. Er... anyone remember me?

I'm seeing long, curly hair and a trenchcoat of sorts. Yes?

As in, "Dolphin Appreciation- YEAH!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Piste wrote:
    A girl I know from 04 is back as an RA this year. Part of the reason I'm not going back this year is cos I'm worried I'd end up knowing too many RAs, but hopefully my sister will have the craic with them.

:confused: There's usually only one or two 19 year old RAs. There haven't been much more in a long time.

Well like loadsa my friends were gonna apply, some of them are a bit older than 19 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

Yeah I was the Dolphin Appreciation guy. Also did have long, curly hair, and a coat i wore a lot. Not a trench coat though. Stopped at the waist I think. I heard a good while back, around 15th April or something.

Jack Lynch... I must confess, no face springs to mind! Did I know you?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

My face doesn' tend to spring to mind. A clown costume, maybe?

I don't think we knew each other, per se. Having said that, every time I see the name Hobotastic, more information keeps coming back to me. Just now, the name Brendan came to mind.

Wouldn't it be cool if all of this was because I was psychic! It's probably just non-Leaving Cert. memories fighting to be heard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 swimfan22

I applied for a TAship and received an offer the Friday after I did the interview! (Interview was on the Tuesday of that week) :eek: Don't know if it's slightly different for RAs because of the need to determine numbers of guys and girls etc. Really looking forward to going back to CTYI, was there in '02, '03, '04 and '05. Had the time of my life :D Woop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Could anyone who's gotten a job as a TA maybe post their name and what class they're taking?

Yeah, be interesting for us young ones to see who our TAs'll be too.

But surely the RAs know who they are by know, Session 1 is less than 3 weeks away!

• Advertisement
Advertisement