Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graham Poll is outta there!

• 11-05-2007 3:09pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Story here.

So it hasnt been confirmed yet apparently, but it looks like, Thank God, he is finally hanging up the boots.
    Thats right, number 3 on Simunic's christmas card list, he who ruined many a match with his mood-swings and weird decisions is no more!!!!
    Crack open the champers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Absolutely fantastic news if that is true! :):)

Graham Poll is one of the worst referees in the Premiership....... no he has been consistantly the worst and it has been an absolute joke on Football that he has been considered England's ''premier'' referee on the international stage for so many years.

Good riddance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

apparently not

its just BS speculation anyway til he hands in his resignation, but Arsenal definitly wont be his last match as he hasn't given notice in time. which kind of makes that article seem complete and utter sh*te. but who knows, eh, in the complete and utterly random world of footy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Fingers crossed anyway, the Premiership badly needs rid of incompetent refs like Poll if refereeing standards are to go up in that league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Poll may be controversial, but none gets on my nerve more than Uriah Rennie - if your the home team forget about getting any decisions he seems to love going against the crowd :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Savman wrote:
    Poll may be controversial, but none gets on my nerve more than Uriah Rennie - if your the home team forget about getting any decisions he seems to love going against the crowd :rolleyes:

Exactly what I would say. Rennie is the worst referee in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Savman wrote:
    Poll may be controversial, but none gets on my nerve more than Uriah Rennie

Agreed.

As for Poll, he seems to do OK for a while, and all of a sudden he is prone to bizarre lapses in concentration - like the 3 yellow cards to Simic at the World Cup last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

He is a strange bloke alright.
    I never had much respect for rennie either. He doesnt seem to have the experience, and seems unwilling to make the tough calls.

Female Linesmen anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Female Linesmen anyone?

we'll be calling them linespersons yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

we'll be calling them linespersons yet.

You'll be callign them neiter, they've been "assistant referee's" for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Aw, I'd gotten my hopes up when I read the thread title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Poll is (hopefully was) one of the worst managers in the league, and he had stiff competition, even after Jeff Winter left. He went all out to avoid giving decsions that could be controversial.

Not giving a peno that was, causes less problems than giving a peno that wasn't
    Very few straight reds, two footed lunges are usually only a booking, unless:
    its your second booking, then you often get away with it entirely

No referee is infallible, but surely the writing was on the wall when he gave 3 yellows in the WC. I think what really got to me though, was the constant calling him "the best ref in England" on MotD and Sky Sports. I wish just once they'd risk offending somebody!

:(

On behalf of all Evertonians, I wish him ill in his retirement (now or later) for so many ruined weekends. Perhaps some Liverpool or Everton fan could confirm that it was poll who blew the final whistle before the ball could cross the Liverpool line after Westerveld's goal kick hit Don Hutchinson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

theCzar wrote:
    Poll is (hopefully was) one of the worst managers in the league,

Credit where its due, he's probably won the cl with Crewe in FM07.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Absolutely fantastic news if that is true! :):)

Graham Poll is one of the worst referees in the Premiership....... no he has been consistantly the worst and it has been an absolute joke on Football that he has been considered England's ''premier'' referee on the international stage for so many years.

Good riddance

I could not have summed it up better myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Good riddance to this eejit, always has to get involved in the game and has to be the centre of attention.

Was in Stamford Bridge the other night and this fella totally ruined an already very dull game :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

AAARRRGGG THAT SMILE!

Retirement is no longer enough for me, I want him beheaded by rusty spoon and his name entered as a synonym for 'tool' in all dictionaries.

Advertisement