Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Smashing Pumpkins-Zeitgeist-07/07/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Stop hating on Adore. It's their best album.

New song sounds ok I guess... kinda reminds me of a something off Machina II though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

New song sounds great, thats what they need....to come back rocking and with a bang!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think the start of that clip alone reminds me of something like MCR or something crap. Then it just goes back to goodness thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I just heard the whole new song, was played on some American radio station......

IT ROCKS!!!

that 30 second clip doesn't do it justice! Billy's back!!! And Jimmy's drumming sounds trousers-browning good as well!!

I'm quite happy as you may tell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'm determined to score get tickets to their gigs in Ashville,i still haven't forgiven myself for missing their show in the ******* way back when :(
    I'm surprised that they have no shows planned for Ireland,according to the tour schedule on their website.A bit of a stinger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Not sure how long this video will stay on youtube for, but here you go;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kog58SQG_Y

Smashing Pumpkins - Tarantula (full song)

Sounds good.

^^Damn it, gone already

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Here's a streaming link. It's great quality, not the radio station rip I heard a few days ago.

http://www.spinner.com/2007/05/18/new-music-tarantula-by-smashing-pumpkins/

Post what you think of the new single!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hereisnowhy

Heard the full version yesterday morning. Was quite impressed. Though maybe Im a little biased as Im a huge Pumpkins fan. Definitely better than most of the Zwan stuff. Reminded me a bit of the Siamese Dream era stuff. A bit like Silver****. I thought the quiet part was great although maybe could have been extended a bit. Overall, really delighted their back. Roll on 7/07/07!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

man that's ****ing awesome, pumpkins are back finally, knew they were coming back but was always skeptical until i got some tangible evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just got a version of the song now. Pretty good stuff. Reminds me of Siamese dream. Bit of Geek USA (not as good unfortunately) and the breakdown reminded me of the end of hummer. Chorus reminds me of Zwan. Does have a new sound to it though. Drumming is awesome as usual. I like.

Has Billy's voice got more annoying over the years though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The whole song is a lot better than just thaty clip, I think I approve. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I cant bring myself to listen to the tune, I'm not done savouring the suspense yet :D

Been listening to this a good bit this afternoon, catchy as ****. Chamberlain's sounding good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That's damn good. You just can't go wrong with Corgan and Chamberlin ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

anyone got another link?
    video is gone from youtbue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,536 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

This ****ing site can't carry the demand for tickets,what a surprise :mad:
    Give me a damn ticket!!!!

I like new song,it's got some kicking drums

Full version is definately much better. Liking the song. It'll keep me air-drumming for a while anyway. Now just get them over to Dublin and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

eoin5 wrote:
    I cant bring myself to listen to the tune, I'm not done savouring the suspense yet :D

I know if I listen to it once I'll listen to it about a hundred times if I like it. Then I'll be burned out on it and will skip it when I listen to the album so I'm going to wait and enjoy all the songs together.

• Advertisement

I listened to it pretty much all day yesterday, and want to listen to it some more. It is a cracking tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I assume you mean Adore.

Im not mad on it but there are a few I like. Pug is one. especially the live version

yes I meant Adore. Thanks!!

Gish rocks like a Mudda focker................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Top class song. Can't wait! :D

Cant believe its tonight that they're back live for the first time. Hope those Parisiens get some good videos. I'll be awfully hungover and bored tomorrow

The rumoured new bass player is tasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

wow she would a GREAT addition! :D nice rack too! :p

I'm just listening to this Zwan album again for this first time in a good while, I really don't know why it gets so much criticism.

Not an amazing album but a solid one with some decent songs. It's not exactly Siamese Dream but it's still decent enough.

United States
    Today
    Stand Inside Your Love
    Orchid
    Doomsday Clock
    Home
    Hummer
    Starz
    Tarantula
    Bullet
    Gossamer
    God and Country
    Rocket
    Winterlong
    To Sheila
    Glass and the Ghost
    Cherub Rock
    Tonight
    Neverlost
    That's the Way
    Disarm
    Zero
    Untitled
    Shame
    Silver****
    Annie Dog
    Muzzle

Long and great setlist. Zero live sounds just....actually words wouldnt do it justice. So wish I coulda been there. so wish they'd add a damn Irish date now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I'm just listening to this Zwan album again for this first time in a good while, I really don't know why it gets so much criticism.

Not an amazing album but a solid one with some decent songs. It's not exactly Siamese Dream but it's still decent enough.

ah yea I agree entirely definitely doesnt deserve the criticism it gets.

• Advertisement

That rumoured bassist, where the link is pictured here, it is her:D

Advertisement