Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I Just Played Halo 3!! :d

• 11-05-2007 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Second person in Ireland to play it after the guy who works in the xbox live centre. :rolleyes:

What can i say. Its unbelievable! So good. Like i couldn't believe it when i saw it, the graphics, the detail in the levels. The guns. The new vehicles. Everything!

It's the version that you're going to be able to download on wednesday with your copy of Crackdown if you have it. And believe me Crackdown is worth buying just for the 3 multiplayer levels you can download.

I can't wait till November when it comes out! I think i maybe failing college next year!
    haha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Are the graphics still painfully average?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

Slurms wrote:
    Are the graphics still painfully average?

No not at all. Well i was playing it on a 42" HD beauty but still. They're gorgeous. First thing i noticed. They really are amazing! Better than GOW!

Thats quite a claim, I'll see myself next week I suppose.. that is if I buy Crackdown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

excellent :D and finished college on monday for the summer too

Slurms wrote:
    Thats quite a claim, I'll see myself next week I suppose.. that is if I buy Crackdown!

Well AT LEAST as good anyway!

• Advertisement

Yeah thats the annoying thing my exams start on tuesday! :mad:

From wednesday in the xbox centre they'll have 20 copies to play too!
    Which is good for you non studying folk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Crackdown is ready and waiting for download day... cant wait!

Yeah I have exams all through may so it's gonna be a month full of temptation!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Is there anything new about the gameplay? Can Master Chief actually move at a decent pace this time round? I've never understood the hype around this game...

If it encourages more people to give Crackdown a try though that's a good thing in my book.

steviec wrote:
    Is there anything new about the gameplay? Can Master Chief actually move at a decent pace this time round? I've never understood the hype around this game...

If it encourages more people to give Crackdown a try though that's a good thing in my book.

I personally didn't like Crackdown at all tbh. Too cartoony or something. Anyway the gameplay is a bit different alright. The controls are alot different to cope with the 360 controller. For example you press the right bumper to pick up guns instead of X like we did in halo 1 and 2. And you can apparantly reload your secondary gun without having it equiped tho i never actually tried that out.
    About his pace, em tbh its very similar to halo 2 but i think it depends on what gun your carrying etc. You will run alot slower holding a rocket launcher than with a handgun. But not slow enough that it actually bothers you its fine.

• Advertisement

Is the melee button still B? That bugged the hell outta me cos I couldn't aim and melee at the same time, please say its changed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Slurms wrote:
    Is the melee button still B? That bugged the hell outta me cos I couldn't aim and melee at the same time, please say its changed!!

ahem, in both halo, and halo2, you could change the controller config.

Slurms wrote:

Yup its still B but as Mr Grumpy said you can change it if you like.

ahem, in both halo, and halo2, you could change the controller config.
    Ah right, I've only played one and two in a mates house (apart from the 2 launch party) so never knew that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

s5030308my7.jpg
    Some members of bungies "friends & family" getting it early.

http://xboxyde.com/news_4324_en.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

Theres a guy on my friends list who has been playing it the past month. Asked him how he managed to get it but apparently he wasn't allowed tell me. From Ireland too !

Really teases me seeing halo 3 beta beside his name, and also the fact I have to wait until november. (Leaving cert is too close to beta) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Eurogamer have an article on it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=76315

"Familiar but different"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cashman

The clips for Halo 3 on gametrailers.com dont look very next-gen dare I say that it looks a lot more like an Xbox1 game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

cashman wrote:
    The clips for Halo 3 on gametrailers.com dont look very next-gen dare I say that it looks a lot more like an Xbox1 game.

Same here although Bungie are saying that the single-player game will be a far nicer looking game. Hopefully it's not far nicer repeating corridors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the single player i'd imagine will look better than multiplayer, i'm assuming they had to tone the graphics down for people with slowish connections

that being said though they'd need more than good graphics if i'm to like this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

I've already been playing the Halo3 Beta for a few days now. :D

I got an invite from Bungie as part of the Friends and Family Beta release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Cremo wrote:
    the single player i'd imagine will look better than multiplayer, i'm assuming they had to tone the graphics down for people with slowish connections

that being said though they'd need more than good graphics if i'm to like this one.

I never understand that. I know it's the case in a number of games, but I still don't see a reason for multiplayer to have toned down graphics - you're not uploading or downloading the graphics to anyone, the graphics card load is precisely the same as it would be in single player. The only thing that depends on your connection is the positions/actions of other players, which should have little to do with the level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh but i'd imagine there will be a lot of physics involved, you know like someone touches a box, it's co-ordinates have to be sent to everyone and then you have x number of players doing the same thing they have to draw the line somewhere.

this being said i'll probably hold out for the pc version - if there is to be one - so i can play the game in a comfortable position with proper fps controls.

*EDIT* deleted double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Cremo wrote:
    yeh but i'd imagine there will be a lot of physics involved, you know like someone touches a box, it's co-ordinates have to be sent to everyone and then you have x number of players doing the same thing they have to draw the line somewhere.

this being said i'll probably hold out for the pc version - if there is to be one - so i can play the game in a comfortable position with proper fps controls.

And here's Peter Griffin with tonights "Grind my Gears"

Firstly I'm not picking on you personally cremo, but ffs, proper fps controls??
    Proper fps controls would mean you has a gun in you hand a ran about!!

Its all up to what suits each individual, me personally, I can't stand keyboard/mouse controls, and find it much more natural on a controller.

So no, there is no such thing as "proper" fps controls....unless I've an ak47 in my hands :)

And thats what really grinds my gears!

PS roll on beta goodness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Same here although Bungie are saying that the single-player game will be a far nicer looking game. Hopefully it's not far nicer repeating corridors.
    I can't wait to see high res textures, lighting and shading on the flood and the giant talking plant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can't wait to see high res textures, lighting and shading on the flood and the giant talking plant.

You sir are a total git for trying to get me riled up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

http://games.slashdot.org/games/07/05/12/1655205.shtml

All linkage points to the graphics being much better than what they look like in the vid that was knocking around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can the beta only be played multiplayer online?
    Is there a way a single player can have a blast with comp bots instead?
    May well pick up crackdown for this.
    One other thing, how does it permit you into the beta?
    Can one just buy a 2nd hand copy of Crackdown or is there some sort of scratch card thingy with a pin included, its all so confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Yep
    Nope
    Ok
    You download it from the crackdown menu
    A second hand copy will work fine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Good answers, I think its called "to the point"

Yep

Advertisement