Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I Just Played Halo 3!! :d

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Out this wedensday but need to study argggggggggh what to do:confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Bubba wrote:
    Better than GOW!

The graphics are bloody well not.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

monument wrote:
    The graphics are bloody well not.

Ok maybe i was a little too excited about the game at the time....but still they are very nice. And we havn't seen 1 player yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

can you set up your own private room? also..can i give me bungie code to someone else..i already have crackdown but also won a code..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

You cant set up your own room AFAIK. Dunno bout giving away your code, is it not tied to your Live account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

pity.

guess ill sell crapdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hmmm, I'm already preparing my self for disappointment. Never really liked the Halo games, even though I always got excited coming up to the release dates. Hopefully there's more effort put into the gameplay rather than making it pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

humanji wrote:
    Hmmm, I'm already preparing my self for disappointment. Never really liked the Halo games, even though I always got excited coming up to the release dates. Hopefully there's more effort put into the gameplay rather than making it pretty.

What didn't you like about them? Maybe the 1 player in Halo 2 wasn't great but did u never play system link multiplayer? Best fun i've ever had with mates...we used to play for days on end!! Can't wait for it again with halo 3! Just hoping the 1player campaign is better.

And more effort put into the gameplay? What are u talking about...the gameplay was amazing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How in blazes can you not like Halo????
    Honestly, if you like FPS games then there's nothing not to like, unless you have "issues" playing the genre on a joypad that is.
    Single player only comes into its own when played on the hogher difficulty levels, when fleeting encounters with covenant forces in normal become full on engagements, sweet!
    The covenant point of view levels in the sequel left me a bit deflated, hopefully the new one will put everything right.
    Just picked up Crackdown for this Beta, roll on Wednesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    How in blazes can you not like Halo????
    Honestly, if you like FPS games then there's nothing not to like, unless you have "issues" playing the genre on a joypad that is.
    Single player only comes into its own when played on the hogher difficulty levels, when fleeting encounters with covenant forces in normal become full on engagements, sweet!

Well I've grown up playing PC games and when you get Half-Life, something like Halo, coming 4 years later, really isn't anything special. The same with Halo 2. I'd just seen better, so it wasn't that impressive. Now with the 360, you get games like Gears of Was and GRAW2 and I can't picture myself playing them on a PC at all. They show off what the consoles can do and are tailored for consoles. A PC port of them just would be the same (maybe because people would be jerks like me and expect too much :D ) but the Halo games just didn't have the umph that everyone said they had.

And as for multiplayer, it's no Goldeneye.

I'll give Halo 3 a shot, but I'm expectin it to be all hype and little substance. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I have to say its very good, but as an avid Halo fan I would! :D

The graphics arent outstanding, just looks a lil jagged around the edges, it plays like Halo, everything is more balanced, new weapons are great also...

The more I played it last night, the better it got (once I got used to the weapon swap button!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Any answers to the 'Can silver members take part in the beta?' question thats been floating around the net? Google tells me nothing :(

Q_Ball wrote:
    Any answers to the 'Can silver members take part in the beta?' question thats been floating around the net? Google tells me nothing :(
    Nope, it says on the Halo website you need a Gold account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

:D:D I had posted once on bungie.net back in june 2006 and I logged in last night to find a PM with a code for the friends and family beta. :D

Was playing with fieldog last night. good fun. didnt go to bed until about half 4:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Slurms wrote:
    Nope, it says on the Halo website you need a Gold account.

Meh, dont think i'm arsed forking out for a years sub just to play some Halo 3 and laggy GOW every once in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Why a year? Why not a month, or 3 months, or even those 48-hours-free cards? You don't have to buy a years sub.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    :D:D I had posted once on bungie.net back in june 2006 and I logged in last night to find a PM with a code for the friends and family beta. :D

Was playing with fieldog last night. good fun. didnt go to bed until about half 4:o
    Ya lucky git!!

*runs to check if I registered on that site*
    Nope, Damn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So hold the phone.

Ive got Crackdown, and i know where to go to get the Beta, but any ideas when Bungie are putting it up? I know its tomorrow but sure, its tomorrow at 12 tonight.

So will it be an 8am job or is there any chance of me playing it before i go to bed?

Also this will go down as then slowest download in Marketplace history as there will be SO MANY people downloading.

It's goin up at 12AM PDT (whenever the hell that is!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Slurms wrote:
    It's goin up at 12AM PDT (whenever the hell that is!)

Anyone care to translate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

http://www.bungie.net/ has a countdown (right hand side)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Nope, the less people that know the faster I get it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Halo 3 Beta
    0 days, 15 hrs, 16 mins, and 42 secs
    until the Halo 3 Public Beta begins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

8pm our time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

8pm our time

8AM our time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Nope, the less people that know the faster I get it :D

Good luck with that one!

PS; I F**king hate you all.

excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

with the countdown it seems to be 1pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Right, cheers lads.

• Advertisement

the countdown is just representative of one timezone. Whoever said 8am sounded right for irish time i think?

Advertisement