Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I Just Played Halo 3!! :d

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Good luck with that one!

PS; I F**king hate you all.
    Look at it this way, next time you play your 360 you'll have Forza, Bioshock to play with GTA4 and HALO3 out soon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

the countdown is just representative of one timezone. Whoever said 8am sounded right for irish time i think?

How do you work that one out? If it's 15 hours to go in one timezone it's 15 hours in all the timezones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah, plus Blue Dragon.

I will also have a 4th year of college :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Can I just rent Crackdown in Xtra-Vision and get the Beta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

kensutz wrote:
    How do you work that one out? If it's 15 hours to go in one timezone it's 15 hours in all the timezones.

I meant the time we get it at, is it 8am?

• Advertisement

If it's 15 hours to go it's 15 hours to go worldwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

How long does the beta last?

kensutz wrote:
    If it's 15 hours to go it's 15 hours to go worldwide.

I know this, just too ****ing lazy to work out the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

3 weeks smelly and the download starts at 1 pm our time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

stop asking all these gay questions like how long does it last and stuff. google tells all.

You need to play the beta through crack down as well I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

What a crock. Got my friends & family invite after all, but I'm stuck in work anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

koneko wrote:
    What a crock. Got my friends & family invite after all, but I'm stuck in work anyway.

Sickener

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

evad_lhorg wrote:
    :D:D I had posted once on bungie.net back in june 2006 and I logged in last night to find a PM with a code for the friends and family beta. :D

Was playing with fieldog last night. good fun. didnt go to bed until about half 4:o

Jammy B"£%$rd, I have been a member since 2004, and I got absolutly nothing!!! Must be 'cos I mainly play custom games.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Got up at 8 today to start downloading it no avail thought ah ****e date has been changed only half an hour to go:D

The countdown yesterday said it was arriving at 1pm. Where people pulled this 8am out of, I dunno but roll on 31 mins :D

kensutz wrote:
    The countdown yesterday said it was arriving at 1pm. Where people pulled this 8am out of, I dunno but roll on 31 mins :D

Still this greyed out bollox :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

It aint up till 2... its 1 in the UK...

Halo fans worldwide are getting a taste of what’s to come with the Halo 3 multiplayer beta starting 16 May via Xbox LIVE. The gates open from 13:00 (UK), 14:00 (European) on that day and registered players can experience new levels, weapons, vehicles and game types until 7 June at 07:59 (UK), 08:59 (European).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

unklerosco wrote:
    It aint up till 2... its 1 in the UK...

Halo fans worldwide are getting a taste of what’s to come with the Halo 3 multiplayer beta starting 16 May via Xbox LIVE. The gates open from 13:00 (UK), 14:00 (European) on that day and registered players can experience new levels, weapons, vehicles and game types until 7 June at 07:59 (UK), 08:59 (European).
    Well thats good nearly ****tng myself thinking I missed it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Thats because most of Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK and Ireland. Its meant to be up now.

It's supposed to be up now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

What was the point of having a countdown if they didnt put it up at 0?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

there's a heap of irish lads on my list playing it now..must be up

It's not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's not up in the UK now either, judging by other forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Gonna be a lot of dissapointed peeps if you didnt like Halo 1 or 2 and automatically think its goin to be "Best Game Ever"....

:p

Folks are reporting problems downloading the Halo 3 Beta via Crackdown this morning. We have alerted the appropriate Live authorities and they are taking care of the problem as we speak. More news as it comes in
    \

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

LOL gotta love Bungie throwing the blame at MS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

well in fairness if ye were expecting the release to go smoothly with so many people wanting to download it ye're a bit out of touch with reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Fieldog wrote:
    Gonna be a lot of dissapointed peeps if you didnt like Halo 1 or 2 and automatically think its goin to be "Best Game Ever"....

:p

Thats the thing... Was never really into Halo 1/2. I've no idea what to expect.. Think GOW and TC: Las vegas are brilliant games, it'd need to be along those lines for me to like it... Sure, whenever its sorted i'll download it n give it a try... Off to buy foods for dinner. What will i have.?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Enjoyed Halo 1 (on Pc) havent played Halo 2, but they are just FPS games. Nothing really original about them but Ill probably get it when it comes out to see what its like. I honestly cannot understand the hype around Halo.

Advertisement