Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity 3rd world Adoptions - Right or wrong?

Options
  • 11-05-2007 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Do you think its acceptable for people like Angelina and maddona to adopt children from 3rd world countries? Or should celebs be forced to go through the standard procedures?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

The majority of celebs who adopt from third world countries do go through the standard procedures afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Yeah I agree with you, I just dont think its right that for some people (like maddona and the scandel that surrounded her) seem to be able to adopt more easily, just because of their status.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

As much as the media make it out to be, it's not like they just fly in, pick one up and do a legger...
    I just dont think its right that for some people (like maddona and the scandel that surrounded her) seem to be able to adopt more easily,

Easily? If anything it's been hugely complex due to the media coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

What's wrong with the 1,000s of children in their own countries who need a family??

They have no publicity value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I disagree with them in principle because the money that would evidently be spent on the adopted child's lifestyle could clearly benefit more but I think Angelina really cares about the issue and I feel better when she adopts than say Madonna, who by normal adoption rules, is far too old too adopt a young boy. Also, anything that stops miss Pitts body being ravaged by pregnancy is a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

people think its great for the child as they'll have a better life etc but it also brings them this fame they may not have wanted which inevitably causes mroe problems fo the child!!!eg. britney spears even though she wasnt adopted from the third world but fame changed her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

depends on how genuine they are...

are they still ambitious in their careers or taking an easier life now?

or are they just stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I don't really have one general opinion on whether it's right or wrong... it depends on the situation, the same as it would for whether I'd agree with non-celebrities doing it. I know when Angelina adopted Maddox I thought good for her... however now that her ambition is to adopt a "rainbow family" I'm not so sure... is her priority to help deprived children, or is to to make herself look good? I know she seems pretty hands on but she now has 4 children under the age of what 6? What's wrong with continuing to support childrens charities in other countries while giving the children she already has the time and support they need, given their background (excluding Shiloh). If anything I feel a bit sorry for Shiloh, I get the impression from some interviews that Angelina has done that she views her quite differently and that the others are more important

Advertisement