Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for N.W counties on Monopoly Board

Options
  • 11-05-2007 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Some people here may not know about the new Irish Monopoly Board which will feature the counties of Ireland which get the most votes.
    So vote for the counties of the N.West so they will get on the new Irish Monopoly Board!
    http://www.monopoly.ie/vote.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I find it hard to believe that Roscommon and Longford are in the top 5 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I keep getting an error message saying my email address is invalid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 McPedro

Meh it looks stuffed now, no thanks to the knobs like yer man who came on here last night explaining how to cheat it and to vote for Roscommon:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

muffler wrote:
    I keep getting an error message saying my email address is invalid

Same thing happened to me.

Happened to me too but I messed around with it until I found the "at" @ symbol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Yeah, I had to copy and paste the @ symbol.
    How can you cheat it? Sure you can vote once every day anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Roscommon is number 1?!?
    WTF?

Well I suppose it is the biggest county in Ireland therefore more people are voting for it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Madge wrote:
    Well I suppose it is the biggest county in Ireland therefore more people are voting for it

Madge, are you losing your senses woman? :D Roscommon the biggest county?

Try Cork.

Oops, I said that by mistake! :D Geography was never really my strong point anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

This monopoly promotion is a purely business money making marketing ploy, by 'hasbro' a powerful worldwide business and as such it should be removed from Boards.ie forthwith :mad: .

If you participate in this underhand 'sham' then you are promoting 'Monopoly' a game designed and marketed for profit, let them pay to advertise.

P.:cool:

Paddy20 wrote:
    This monopoly promotion is a purely business money making marketing ploy, by 'hasbro' a powerful worldwide business and as such it should be removed from Boards.ie forthwith :mad: .

If you participate in this underhand 'sham' then you are promoting 'Monopoly' a game designed and marketed for profit, let them pay to advertise.

P.:cool:
    They are not advertising here. Madge simply give a link to their site for anyone who wished to vote to have their county included on the monopoly board.

If Hasbro had posted here they would be gone quicker than the first vodka I had last night ;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I keep getting "EMail address is invalid" response too, despite using the @ symbol (got by Shift+2), and by copy+paste. :(

Donegal is ranked 6th at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Hah! Hasbro are hardly one of the worlds most powerful multinational corporations TBH... yeah, sure, its a clever advertising tactic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

if you use the 2 button instead of the ' button while pressing shift @ comes up, did ye not notice " instead of "@"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

I see that derrys been moved into donegal now by the looks of that (and letterkennys been removed from the map!)

Donegal is down to 7th!!!

Come on guys keep voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

JIZZLORD wrote:
    if you use the 2 button instead of the ' button while pressing shift @ comes up, did ye not notice " instead of "@"?
    Thats just down to having youre keyboard set to US as opposed to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

1 15904 Roscommon
    2 13741 Tipperary
    3 11938 Cork
    4 10498 Longford
    5 10442 Donegal
    6 10187 Waterford
    7 9492 Armagh
    8 8619 Dublin

Carrickman wrote:
    1 15904 Roscommon
    2 13741 Tipperary
    3 11938 Cork
    4 10498 Longford
    5 10442 Donegal
    6 10187 Waterford
    7 9492 Armagh
    8 8619 Dublin

#1 16544 Roscommon
    #2 14542 Tipperary
    #3 12552 Cork
    #4 11155 Waterford
    #5 11095 Longford
    #6 10807 Donegal
    #7 9561 Armagh
    #8 9021 Dublin

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Gillie wrote:
    Thats just down to having youre keyboard set to US as opposed to Ireland

i've never had that @ vs. " problem before

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭slogue

The email address problem is caused because the site designers assume that we all use an American keyboard!!!

Use the Shift + 2 key

Come on Donegal voters!!

Sligo has dropped to #26! what a pity

#1 18545 Tipperary
    #2 18149 Roscommon
    #3 14102 Cork
    #4 14059 Waterford
    #5 13007 Longford
    #6 11256 Donegal
    #7 9916 Leitrim
    #8 9673 Laois

smashey wrote:
    #1 18545 Tipperary
    #2 18149 Roscommon
    #3 14102 Cork
    #4 14059 Waterford
    #5 13007 Longford
    #6 11256 Donegal
    #7 9916 Leitrim
    #8 9673 Laois
    Leitrim now up to no. 7

Now I know what nanook is doing all day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

where the hell did leitrim get 9916 votes, I know i was working this week, jeez tommyjoe and peter must going flat out on the computer.

keep going for leitrim, you have to admit that would be classic

nanook wrote:
    keep going for leitrim, you have to admit that would be classic
    Like I tell them at the door these days.......... you'll get my no. 2 at least ;)

Just thinking about that..how many people are there in Leitrim (serious question now)

Serious answer. 28,950.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

smashey wrote:
    Serious answer. 28,950.

28949, remember i moved to wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

nanook wrote:
    28949, remember i moved to wicklow
    What would you be wanting to do a daft thing like that for. You left and everything is happening! Leitrim is taking off. The population of leitrim has gone up. That population has been starting to increase since 2002. Theres the beg of a reversal of migration trends that effected Leitrim for decades. But still density wise a nice place to live. Renewed interest might be reflected on votes on the board. Heres some of the demographic info on leitrim.(form Leitrin Co Co)

The following is a summary of some key findings and emerging trends.
    • Between 1996 and 2002, Leitrim recorded the first population increase since 1841, one of the lowest in the country for that period and substantially lower than the State average.
    • According to the 2006 census, the population of Leitrim increased by 11.8% between 2002 and 2006, one of the biggest increases the country for that period and at 28,837 the population of Leitrim is now the highest it has been since 1966.
    • Leitrim has the smallest population in the State with an average population density figure that is three and a half times lower than the average for the State.
    • Leitrim is the most rurally based population in the State by a significant margin and there are more males than females living in Leitrim.

As a quick aside Leitrim County Council are currently calling for people living and interested in the area to get involved re consultations to shape their new development plan for Leitrim. Probably useful for all those interested to get involved, God knows what hey might be getting up to otherwise.
    http://www.leitrimcoco.ie/Departments/Planning/News/Preparation+of+New+Development+Plan+2009+-+2015.htm

Now with a thriving ecotourism sector and organic farming its nice to see leitrim on the up. Now only thing left is to get on the Monopoly board.:)

Advertisement