Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for N.W counties on Monopoly Board

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is this a coincidence - nanook left for the Wicklow Hills in 2002 - strange :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

muffler wrote:
    Is this a coincidence - nanook left for the Wicklow Hills in 2002 - strange :confused:
    If its any consulation nanook I moved to England and the celtic tiger just took off. Now I am back and its all going pear shaped.The other thing is that theres potentially alot of folk on the Census that may have come in the county for work (the building trade) and might be off again once theres a tumble. Then you can sell up and come back to Dromahair(?) There'll be plenty of accomodation at reasonable prices!
    Anyway all this chat isnt getting leitrim any more votes.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

Madge wrote:
    Well I suppose it is the biggest county in Ireland therefore more people are voting for it

And the Best.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

From the web site...
    vote to be included on the first ever All-Ireland Monopoly board.
    Competition is expected to be fierce with space for only 22 of the 32 counties to feature.

Does anybody else find a 22 county all Ireland monopoly board ironic?

Geez, we did better against the brits ;) I think I spotted that dude on the site with top hat, tuxedo with pyjama bottoms at an Orange march in Rossnowlagh. http://www.monopoly.ie/images/home/monopoly-man.png
    The counties that make it onto the board will be represented by their most popular visitor attraction.

So what is Roscommon's most popular attraction? actually is there any?
    And for other counties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

GG66 wrote:
    So what is Roscommon's most popular attraction? actually is there any?
    Lough Key Forest Park in Boyle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

#1 22443 Tipperary
    #2 22221 Roscommon
    #3 16891 Cork
    #4 14233 Donegal
    #5 14204 Waterford
    #6 13932 Longford
    #7 11365 Fermanagh
    #8 11143 Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

tuppence wrote:
    If its any consulation nanook I moved to England and the celtic tiger just took off. Now I am back and its all going pear shaped.

I dont mean to forward but you sound like you are jinxed :):)

So how is the voting going. Where do we all stand

I haven't been able to vote yesterday or today as the voting section won't load :mad: Looks like Leitrim and Donegal will make it, Sligo won't.
    Voting closes Friday!

Madge wrote:
    I haven't been able to vote yesterday or today as the voting section won't load :mad: Looks like Leitrim and Donegal will make it, Sligo won't.
    Voting closes Friday!

the fact that leitrim is going to place on the irish monopoly board is bringing a tear to my eye as we speak. This is just like when the wolfe tones won the title of Britians favourite song with "A Nation Once Again"

Three cheers for democracy.

nanook wrote:
    the fact that leitrim is going to place on the irish monopoly board is bringing a tear to my eye as we speak.
    Yeah it's nice for the little counties to get some recognition. What does it mean for the counties who come in the top 5 or top 10? Do they get some sort of special markings on the board or something?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

nanook wrote:
    the fact that leitrim is going to place on the irish monopoly board is bringing a tear to my eye as we speak. This is just like when the wolfe tones won the title of Britians favourite song with "A Nation Once Again"

Three cheers for democracy.

I think you might call it three cheers for successful lobbying and/or the power of the diaspora! There must be something afoot to get all those votes. Its looking good for Leitrim. Shame about Sligo if they cannt do it.
    Re Jinx you might be right. Only was able to vote for the first time today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Update.

#1 27810 Roscommon
    #2 25834 Tipperary
    #3 18510 Cork
    #4 16636 Donegal
    #5 16427 Longford
    #6 15355 Waterford
    #7 14275 Dublin
    #8 12540 Fermanagh

Roscommon people are really into this.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

So when the places are all decided, which counties are going to represent the big money, and who will be the poor relations?

And is Roscommon going to be the Jail;)

The good people of Waterford might be accusing us of cheating.

was having a look at this to see where leitrim currently lies and the leaderboard was down.

Anyone got any ideas where leitrim, sligo and donegal are placed

smashey wrote:
    The good people of Waterford might be accusing us of cheating.

now there is a county that is taking it waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously, they are even posting up sign posts to remind people to vote.

nanook wrote:
    now there is a county that is taking it waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously, they are even posting up sign posts to remind people to vote.

Yup. Voters in Waterford on Thursday will be a tad confused. What party does this Mon O'Poly represent? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Donegal = O'Connells Street at the moment, get voting folks:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Only two days to go and they have hidden the leaders:eek:

Advertisement