Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oz

• 11-05-2007 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Does anyone else here know Oz?
    I was a devotee who had to watch grainy version on the internet but it finally got released in PAL format a few weeks ago.

It;s like Prison Break but I feel a lot better, I was just wondering if anyone else watched it, tg4 used to show it methinks.

Comments

That show is awesome, watched it all the time on TG4, and I got all 6 seasons on DVD from amazon. O'Reilly rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Yeah it was a groundbreaking show on HBO which paved the way for others. The fear and violence were palpable. Once it ended it was back to Gen Pop for us all. Schillinger was someone I wouldn't want to meet any day soon.

schillinger was bad, adebisi was brutal, I wouldnt want to meet him anywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

OZ is/was awesome. So brutal and violent but really enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

singloud wrote:
    It;s like Prison Break

It is nothing like Prison Break but Oz is a fantastic show. Season 2 will be released soon :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Oz is out on DVD in Europe now as of a few months ago. Slow releases but coming on. Love the show. Big time fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Just having a look at episode one after reading this thread. Haha it basically sets out it's stall within two minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye oz is amazing, watched them all. pitty they didnt go for 7 seasons instead of 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Nah. I think they were right to end it there and then instead of stretching it. Ending was ****e though :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

Wow so many responses.

I got into it when I was reading about a family guy episode where Lois mentions Oz, I clicked on the wikipedia link and was hooked.

I'm a huge fan of the show, I watched up to series 4 on the internet. Then found out it was coming out on PAL.

Apparently Season 2 should be out this month on PAL but I've seen no news of it yet.

My favorites scenes from the first series:

When Beecher gets his own back on Schillinger ("Aw he's ****ting on him")
    The time where Hill gets a trumpet player to jam with Dobbins( I dunno why but it was so moving)
    The riot
    O'Reily. He does us Irish proud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

yeah i bought the first series a while back in gamestop, used to watch it on tg4

amazing show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

O'Reilly is a great character and one of the few to really last due to his Irish blarney!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

yeah O Reilly was **** cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,575 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya, loved Oz... Watched it on TG4, started near the end, but they showed it again in completion... Only ever missed one epsiode, was well pissed off cos it was a kinda big one. It was the one:
    When Cyril killed your man, to end up on death row...
    (just in case you want to watch it)

One of my fav. episodes was when
    Cyril was to be executed (both times) it was handled really well i think...
    (just in case:) )

O'Reily is great. I love it when Keane says the line to O'Reily "Maybe that's how you Micks work but I'd never rat on a brother"

Apparently every character has great symbolism etc, I forget where I read this but Hill represents reason etc and the reason the Aryans are terrified of the Muslims is they act in an intelligent coordinated manner with solidarity which is contrary to how the Aryans consider blacks.

Etc etc.

I was flicking through pictures of O'Reily in order to see his tattoo ( I love it)
    Clicking on one image got me great homo erotic stories concerning O'Reily ****ing his brother.
    SIck stuff, I didn't realize people had such a fetish for O'Reily

And comparing it to prison break in that it's a Prison drama, everyone knows Prison Break so was hoping to put in a bit of a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Gouging the hack's eyes out and the crucifiction were 2 of the worst (or best:)) scenes I remember.

Great show.

One of the finest shows to ever grace the small screen. Alongside The Wire, Oz is the pinnacle of modern television. Nothing comes close to matching the consistantly great writing and performances.

Anyone waiting for the R2 releases should proborably skip them and just get the R1 releases. They're packed with special features and I read that season one when it was released on R2 was cut, whereas the R1 discs are all uncut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

absolutely nothing like prison break..

I was told it was 'the best show ever', The first few seaons were enjoyable, I found it dragged at times, the episodes could of been edited down a bit.

I think it deteriorated when Adebisi left

The-Rigger wrote:
    absolutely nothing like prison break..

Already explained why I said that.
    It's set in a prison too, the front of the box says "before Prison Break there was Oz", Similarities end there.
    Bad me
    Get over it.
    cast_iron wrote:
    Gouging the hack's eyes out and the crucifiction were 2 of the worst (or best:)) scenes I remember.

Great show.

That crucifixion scene was terrifying, you don't **** with kids or schillinger will kill you.

I loved it when Luke Perry came in as the crazy evangelical preacher guy, reminds me of the preacher in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

singloud wrote:
    Already explained why I said that.
    It's set in a prison too, the front of the box says "before Prison Break there was Oz", Similarities end there.
    Bad me
    Get over it.

That crucifixion scene was terrifying, you don't **** with kids or schillinger will kill you.

I loved it when Luke Perry came in as the crazy evangelical preacher guy, reminds me of the preacher in Galway.

get over it? lol

I just stated it was nothing like prison break (I didn't even point out what a ridiculous comparison/statement it was!). No need to get all upset at me. Leave the toys in the pram.

• Advertisement
Advertisement