Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Bar, Dame Street

Options
  • 11-05-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I've never been, but was recommended by a friend.
    Any opinions, particularly on midweek.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Its a nice boozer a good meeting up point if ya know what I mean.

Good mix of people but often has functions which can make it hard to get a seat.

Not the kind of place to get rat-arsed and start dancing on tables but if ya want to do that the Foggy Dew is just around the corner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lost_soul

Hard Larry wrote:
    Its a nice boozer a good meeting up point if ya know what I mean.

Good mix of people but often has functions which can make it hard to get a seat.

Not the kind of place to get rat-arsed and start dancing on tables but if ya want to do that the Foggy Dew is just around the corner :D

I take it you haven't been there recently? They hae two club nights running during the week, Twisted Tuesday and Trashed Thurdays. All drinks are €2 and the place is totally packed and full of rat-arsed people!!! Mind you with college term over it wont be like that from now on.

wednesdays they bump the price up to €2.50 a drink!

its just a place to get smashed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

horribly young tho, and all a gob sh1tes IMO, can't stand the place, those nights are ending this month for the summer too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

:O Seriously?

Are we talking about the same place?

Around the corner from the Foggy Dew? Part of the Trinity Arch Hotel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Hmm.. I've never been in. But any time I've passed by it, there's been teams of kids going in, and inside looks pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

yeah, the club nights started off well then got younger and younger and with more fights. Smashed Thursdays doesnt exist anymore though.

They've gotten quieter and less messy as late though.

Advertisement