Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to secure your RuckSack

• 11-05-2007 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im heading off for abit of backpacking soon and I was wondering if people could suggest what is the best way to secure my backpack. I seen these cage things that seem like a good idea but then anyone determined enough will get around these things.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Ive got a metal mesh cage. Its handy for traveling. Can sell it to ya if you want for €30 havent had much chance to use it. Im in UCD in Dublin most days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Don't bring anything irreplacable and keep your bag in site all the time. Don't leave money / passports / etc out of your sight.

Nobody wants to rob your socks or shorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

The cage things attract attention to your bag, it screams out "i have stuff in my bag i don't want you to take". Also heavy. When i was backpacking last year we met a fair few people who just had their entire bags stolen, even with the 'cages' on. Literally somebody just took the whole thing when they weren't in the dorm. Just keep your passport, money etc in a safe at reception or on you at all times and make sure you don't travel with anything you wouldn't want to be stolen.

Advertisement