Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PunkBuster Problem

Options
  • 11-05-2007 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi, I sort of gave up on battlefield 2142 for the past few months, but I decided I might as well give it another shot so I downloaded the latest patch and I keep getting kicked by punkbuster, all I get is the following message:

PUNKBUSTERMESSAGE.png

Then it returns me to the server menu, with a small window that just says Punkbuster and no reason as to why it kicked me :confused:

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Are you TITICACA? :)

Have you tried manually updating punkbuster?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Grab pbweb.exe (If its still called that) from the punkbuster website and manually update it following the instructions on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Also running hax sometimes gives that message so if you are turn them off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Wednesday 04.18.2007 [5:00PM]

BF 2142

We are aware of several players who are getting kicked for Losing Key Packets with an error code ffff0001 or ffff0002 after the v1.701 PB Client update released yesterday. There seems to be some misinformation being posted on various websites and forums in reference to the new PunkBuster services called PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB. These are NOT optional. If these are disabled or stopped or blocked by the user or anti-virus or Internet security software, updated PunkBuster servers will remove you from the game for Losing Key Packets. Users of some versions of McAfee Security Center are reporting that these PB components are getting automatically added to the "block" list.
    If this happens on your machine, you will need to remove them from the list in order to continue using PunkBuster. Players who have manually disabled or stopped PnkBstrA based on instructions from some other website may need to run our PBSVC program to uninstall and reinstall in order to continue playing on PB enabled servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Also running hax sometimes gives that message so if you are turn them off.

Does it? Didn't know that, thanks for sharing :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Macafee makes sense, i have'nt got a PB kick since i switched back to norton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

kyp_durron wrote:
    Does it? Didn't know that, thanks for sharing :rolleyes:

:confused::confused:

Advertisement