Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is Jerry Hannon PC?

Options
  • 11-05-2007 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭

He's running in Dublin Central for the PD's but the PD web site has nary a mention of him. Today I had flyer in my door and he's on the list received from the relevant returning officer according to mycandidate.ie. I didn't even know there was a PD in Dublin central.

Some constituencies have health candidates, us here in Dublin Central we have stealth candidates.

(and while I am at it what does the PC after his name stand for?).

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I presume "Peace Commissioner".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Gobán Saor

Yes, I was surprised too to get his litir um thoghchán. Never heard of the guy and there hasn't been a PD running here since Geraldine Harney (Mary's sister) many elections ago.

Funny thing was the litir said nothing at all about him. No bio. No testaments to his work. Nothing about his policies, priorities or concerns. Just a couple of sentences saying
    a) The election will make a difference. (no flies on this guy!)
    b) The decision will shape our lives (and our childrens!) for years to come (just in case I didn't know that:rolleyes: )
    Then one sentence saying that PD participation in government had brought prosperity, confidence and growth (wow!)

Now there's bland and bland but that takes the biscuit!

The entire back of the litir featured a cartoon with title caption
    LABOUR DRIVING THE NEXT GOVERNMENT - NO THANKS!
    The cartoon shows Pat Rabbitte driving a 1930's era style car over a bumpy road with Bertie in the back seat.

All in all, I can hardly imagine a worse piece of campaign literature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Yeah, mine had a different cartoon - somebody walking a high wire balancing prosperity and pensions above the crocodiles of SF, Lab, etc. Deep.

If they keep going like this, Jerry is going to give the Christian Solidarity guy a run for the wooden spoon.

He's made it onto the PD web site at least
    http://www.progressivedemocrats.ie/our_election_candidates/183/

Advertisement