Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islamic + SOAD = ?

Options
  • 11-05-2007 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Does anybody know of a type of music that sounds like system of a down?... when they go all 'bling'-'bling' and all; lol I hope someone knows what I mean:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

McPedro wrote:
    when they go all 'bling'-'bling' and all; lol I hope someone knows what I mean:)

:confused:

No idea.

However. Can you post a youtube link with a song of theirs, and point out exactly what you mean? As in "This part 2 minutes into the song"? Then I'd probably have an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 McPedro

first 00:12 seconds of Toxcity/Aerials

It's kind of hard to explain, I love music and have been playing accoustic guitar 10 years and really admire melodic riffs like the basic mid-eastern soundplucking only to be seen in some of this bands music. Actually I can't stand the 90% of System Of A Down's music, but its the only band I've seen producing this type of sound using a wide range of instruments, including electric mandolins, sitars, 12-string guitars and Middle Eastern ouds.
    Do you know of similar artist?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

And what the hell has Islam got to do with?I haven't listened to SOAD in a while but they have never been into the 'bling culture'.

Bizarre.:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'm going to guess that he is looking for eastern sounding music which would make you think of "Islamic" music. The bling refers to the sound of the instruments/music, not the usual sense of bling.

For what it's worth, most music using a phyrgian scale will sound "eastern". Beyond that, I can't help.

Orizio wrote:
    And what the hell has Islam got to do with?I haven't listened to SOAD in a while but they have never been into the 'bling culture'.

Bizarre.:confused:

RELAX, I know I messed up the thread title abit and my silly use of the word 'bling' has now made me look a bit silly:o

I went on to explain in my second post how only a small portion of SOAD's music sounds mid-eastern.

Im just wondering if anyone knows of a decent mid-eastern sound heavy metal/rock band is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

You seriously dont have a clue what you are saying.What has islam got to do with this.

drdre wrote:
    You seriously dont have a clue what you are saying.What has islam got to do with this.
    I like the sound of Islamic and Mid-Eastern music...seriously, if you could just accept that I just explained that I know I messed up the thread title(As this has nothing todo with religeon and Islam). There really was no need for you to post and tell me that you think I dont have a clue.;)

Advertisement