Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cahir Park in Tipperary

• 12-05-2007 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭

what is this course like, has anybody played it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Haven't played it but I do know that it is prone to flooding in parts! It's right beside the river Suir and when the river floods (as it does a couple of times a year) it can cause problems.

On another note, Cahir is a beautiful town. The castle and the Swiss Cottage are well worth a visit and there are tons of pubs! If you do decide to go and want a pub recommendation PM me! Plenty of good value B&B's in the town as well as the Cahir House Hotel!

I spend about 6-8 weekends a year in Cahir as it's mrs r3nu4l's home town :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Matt Santos

Cahir Park is an average enough course. It used to be a 9 hole course but its a full 18 hole now. True the "new" 9 was getting flooded regularly up to a few years ago but that has stopped now. I am a member there at the moment but I will be moving pretty soon.
    The present regime there is pretty awful and have very little fore sight in relation to the course and club. Past committee have obviously extended the course and built a pretty ok Clubhouse but in the last 5 years it is stuck in the mud. A plan to change a few of the holes slightly was shelved by this present crew and the course is suffering as a result.
    For a pretty picturesque place the holes are featureless with bunkers not in play for most competent golfers. The Greens are pretty ok but again they are all fairly level and bland so putts can be made from most places.
    Overall its a dream for the mid handicapper but a nightmare for someone low trying to shoot very low.

Pity.........

Advertisement