Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm Going to IWW in 3 weeks

• 12-05-2007 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Am going to the Irish Whip Wrestling School in 3 Weeks,i've Emailed The Guys who work at the School and they've said they will train me up and pick out a gimmick for me, i've replied to them and said i will think of some gimmick ideas and let them know, it seems like a very good school guys like Raven, D'lo Brown And Aj Styles Were there over the Past years and some TNA wrestlers come and wrestle on the IWW shows Christopher Daniels and Colt Cabana were on the March 3rd Show, Does anyone have any gimmick ideas for me and Don't be Sarcastic please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Maybe you could say your name twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

You'll need to be trained up before you even start thinking of gimmicks. At IwW, the school's first concern is teaching people how to wrestle safely and conduct yourself like a professional. If you make it past all of that then you can start thinking along the lines of gimmicks, but that could be a while away yet.

My personal suggestion is that you relax about anything along that nature and just concern yourself with learning what being a professional wrestler is about first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mossy Monk wrote:

:D
    kentonbomb wrote:
    Does anyone have any gimmick ideas for me and Don't be Sarcastic please.

The Irish wrestling community is in desperate need of a Drag Queen.

Seriously though, fair play to you for taking it up and best of luck with it. Let us know how it goes for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

Mossy Monk wrote:
    yeah that would be deadly wouldn't it ;)
    Seriously though, fair play to you for taking it up and best of luck with it. Let us know how it goes for you.
    okay thanks, are you in the school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

kentonbomb wrote:
    okay thanks, are you in the school.

I'm not but a friend of mine is and he speaks very highly of it. They definitely seem to be the best option for those who want to wrestle in this country.

• Advertisement

is there anyone on this forum in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I'm not but a friend of mine is and he speaks very highly of it. They definitely seem to be the best option for those who want to wrestle in this country.

co-sign
    im still in contact with a couple of guys that I trained with when I was in IWW and i've hard nothing but good things from them.For a start i think that they do the most shows per month which is the best way to gain experience.
    If I was to offer you any advice kentonbomb it would be to take pro wrestling one step at a time and learn how to crawl before learn how to stand.Don't worry about a gimmick or doing any fancy moves in the right before you learn the basics-running between the ropes,taking a bump(which is mighty hard and painful to learn) and how to sell.
    Anyhow goodluck and hopefully i'll see you on an IWW show one day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Well given that IWW has churned out Red Vinny, Bingo Ballance, Bam Katraz, And Mad Man Manson, not to mention giving SOS his start. All (with the exception of the latter) who are well established with the promotion now, but this time three years ago were trainees. Obviously IWW are doing something right regarding their training and development skills.

I'd also agree that you should learn to run the ropes first, rather than concentrating on how you're gonna present yourself the second you step yourself between em.

And no, i'm no affiliate of IWW, just a wrestling fan pointing out the obvious. :)

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

TBH i've always wanted to train myself. I even live within a cycling distance which is a great bonus. The only thing that stopped me was college and a lack of funds due to living the student lifestyle. I actually went up to the gym one night to check it out and from what I saw it looked pretty good. Hopefully now I can finally give it a go this summer as I will probably be working full time and I wont be going anywhere (didn't train last year cause I was In Vancouver).

Oh BTW good luck Kentonbomb. Yeah you should deffo take the advice of the lads above to take it one step at a time. Sure if you jump in the ring too quick you might end up only having the skills Mr. Kennedy has! lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, I'm the same as yourself Dickmcsavage, I went out one day and had a chat with some of the lads, but then found I had no money. I couldn't possibly join them now though, it would mean I'd have to give up my fantastic moderator job!

And as everyone else has said, you're best off learning how to actually handle yourself and your opponent in the ring before thinkin about gimmicks. A good gimmick is nothin if you're going to be injuring yourself

• Advertisement

Yeah! Look at Undertaker!
    (sorry, couldn't resist!)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The IwW Gym offers perhaps the most reasonable rate for training in the world. For only E20 per week you can train as often as you like. Provided we're not running shows during a particular week, that's six days the school is open (the trainers take well-earned breaks on Sundays if there isn't a show). Essentially you're talking about less than E3.50 per class for those who wish to use the gym to its full potential (if you were looking to get trained in the UK for example, that's about two pound sterling per class - AND you'd be hard-pressed to find a school ANYWHERE open as regularly as IwW).

Plus we keep it on a 'you train, you pay' basis. This simply means that if you can't make it down for a week, you don't have to pay the E20.

IwW also focuses not only on in-ring training, but on all aspects. If you don't think you have what it takes to be a wrestler, we can train people up to be referees, managers/valets and various other duties that are integral to all shows. Plus we also promise a full education to the wrestling business in general.

For those who have the heart and dedication, IwW has given their start to a wealth of talents who have since gone on to wrestle not only all over Ireland, but the likes of the UK, France, Italy, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc. I would challenge anyone here to find a currently operating school not only in Ireland, but in Europe that has churned out as many internationally established stars as the IwW training gym.

It's well worth a go if you think you have what it takes.

ok everyone thanks for your help and advice, one thing that is going to mess me up is school i livee in dundalk and i have to get a bus up nearly everyday and with school in the way i don't think i will be able to do it, but i'll be leaving school when i do my junior cert so i'll have more time to train and workout,i'll try my best anyway,a friend of mine is a wrestler in RQW (Real Quality Wrestling) said to just try my hardest, Kelly Adams told me that and fatal i don't think i misread this but are you in IWW itself or just the school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Anyone think he will follow in D-Lo's footsteps

We could be lookin' at tha real deal now! ;)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Don't you mean

WE cud B lukinn at da REaL dele

Better get his donkey ass out on the street!!
    VR!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement